need to lift up rear or X 4", add a leafs or new leaf springs. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need to lift up rear or X 4", add a leafs or new leaf springs.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Freshman User

davefrommd is starting off with a positive reputation.
need to lift up rear or X 4", add a leafs or new leaf springs.

i just installed pro comp 22210 leaf springs 4" lift on the front of my 04 X limited 6.0 diesel 4x4, i need to raise the rear 4". i wanted to buy pro comp 22415 leaf springs on ebay, some listings say it is compatible, some listings say not compatible, i am confused, i think they only fit rear wheel drive and not 4x4, pro comp 23311 are listed to fit my X with a 6" lift, one question i have is can i remove the rear oem blocks and install these 23311 leaf springs to get that 4" of lift i am looking for or close to that measurement. i saw a set of four add a leafs advertised to lift 4" to 5" which i am considering, my rear leaf springs seem to be in good condition, it looks like you add two add a leafs for each rear leaf spring. what do you think, buy add a leafs or buy new leaf springs. i was looking just to lift my X enough with out major modifications don't want to be fooling around with the drive shaft. am not changing the wheels, i am going to add a carrier bearing drop down bracket. with a 4" lift in front and back, can someone tell me what degree shim i need in front and what degree shim i need in the rear, i know i can just add blocks in rear to get the lift that i need i don't like because it doesn't do anything to improve the suspension. any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. thanks
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefrommd View Post
i just installed pro comp 22210 leaf springs 4" lift on the front of my 04 X limited 6.0 diesel 4x4, i need to raise the rear 4".
OK, got it, but consider using some numbering system on your 9 questions so it's easier to follow.

1. i wanted to buy pro comp 22415 leaf springs on ebay, some listings say it is compatible, some listings say not compatible, i am confused(me too), i think they only fit rear wheel drive and not 4x4, Give Procomp a call to be sure

2. pro comp 23311 are listed to fit my X with a 6" lift, one question i have is can i remove the rear oem blocks and install these 23311 leaf springs to get that 4" of lift i am looking for or close to that measurement. makes sense, give them a call.

3. i saw a set of four add a leafs advertised to lift 4" to 5" which i am considering,
not a fan of these with stock Ex rear Springs.

4. my rear leaf springs seem to be in good condition, it looks like you add two add a leafs for each rear leaf spring. what do you think, buy add a leafs or buy new leaf springs. pass on that idea.

5. i was looking just to lift my X enough with out major modifications don't want to be fooling around with the drive shaft. am not changing the wheels, ok, but with 4 inches of lift, consider 35" tires on your stock rims. 265's are gonna look funny.

6. i am going to add a carrier bearing drop down bracket. why?

7. with a 4" lift in front and back, can someone tell me what degree shim i need in front and what degree shim i need in the rear, not sure.

8. i know i can just add blocks in rear to get the lift that i need i don't like because it doesn't do anything to improve the suspension. agree

9. any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. thanks. de nada, the front is lookin' good!
See my responses in your quote above.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Posting Guru

Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
The carrier bearing drop down shim I believe is recommended but not sure if you need it. My leveling kit from PROCOMP came with one for my truck. I put it on just to be safe and well because the directions said so!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Freshman User

your pro comp lift was 2.5" lift?
Old 02-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Elder User

Blakshukvw has a good reputation on FTE.Blakshukvw has a good reputation on FTE.
In one sentence you say you don't want to mess with the driveshaft but in another you say you want to add a carrier bearing. So which is it? You will have to make a new driveshaft or adapt one from a super duty if you want to add a carrier bearing. Even still I don't think this is necessary with only a 4"lift.
I would replace your rear springs. They are 13 years old and most likely sagged at least a bit. Don't band aid the rear. Replace them. Others on here have used the 22415 rear springs and they will match the front if you remove the blocks.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Posting Guru

Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.Irish19614x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefrommd View Post
your pro comp lift was 2.5" lift?

Yes it is a 2.5" Procomp leveling kit.

Provided coil spring spacers for front, drop down bracket for track bar and then the carrier bearing shim/bracket.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Freshman User

pro comp 22415 rear spring listed not compatible

the pro comp 22415 rear spring is listing that it is not compatible with m X. i was told the pro comp 23311 rear springs will fit, are advertised as 6".
Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Freshman User

actually all i was looking for was a around 2" lift, the front lifted near 4", i'll work with it.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Freshman User

i meant replacing the driveshaft

i meant i did not want replace or modify the driveshaft.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:58 PM
If it flies, it dies

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
For the love of all things holy can you capitalize your "I" ?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Freshman User

no, i don't want to.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Elder User

Blakshukvw has a good reputation on FTE.Blakshukvw has a good reputation on FTE.
Hahaha. Look at you Mark with your fancy capitalization and punctuation.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
If it flies, it dies

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakshukvw View Post
Hahaha. Look at you Mark with your fancy capitalization and punctuation.
Yes, I am an elitist.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Elder User

Rich 1%'er. Hahaha
Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Posting Guru

IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.IMASAP has a spectacular reputation.
Use these rear springs and leave the blocks out. These will raise the back 5".

Amazon Amazon

The reason the front springs raised your truck 4" instead of the claimed 2.5" ..... the springs are meant for an F250 / 350 which sits 2" higher than the Excursion from the factory. The 22210s raised mine exactly 5" over what it was when I bought it.