Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Banks turbo mounting gaskets

Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 PM
big ole ford
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Banks turbo mounting gaskets

I am in need of a gasket set for my first gen banks turbo, I emailed banks, they said it was available for 24.00 then I find out its 24.00 plus 21.00 shipping and there is no way in hell I am paying 21.00 to ship something the size of a christmas card in the U.S. So my question is can I use the 93312 kit or is that only for the current sidewinder turbo? if not does anyone know the correct part number or where besides banks I can get it, preferably somewhere thats not going to rip me off on shipping. Thanks

Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As much as I dislike Summit now try them. Jegs may have it also. I can't remember where I got mine from

Old 02-11-2017, 07:10 PM
cadunkle
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
What gaskets are you looking for? So far as I recall from tearing my first gen Banks apart to install a wastegated Banks there are only two gaskets. Turbo flange gasket, a normal T3 open gasket, and the intake hat to manifold gasket which is a standard Holley 4v carb gasket. Summit is my go to source for such things.

I like the rubber type as they seem to seal better but they swell from oil if you run a CDR or otherwise vent the crankcase to the intake and may not be able to reuse, but paper often tears and you should have a spare on hand either way for the random occasion you may need to remove and reinstall the intake hat.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:53 PM
big ole ford
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cadunkle
What gaskets are you looking for? So far as I recall from tearing my first gen Banks apart to install a wastegated Banks there are only two gaskets. Turbo flange gasket, a normal T3 open gasket, and the intake hat to manifold gasket which is a standard Holley 4v carb gasket. Summit is my go to source for such things.

I like the rubber type as they seem to seal better but they swell from oil if you run a CDR or otherwise vent the crankcase to the intake and may not be able to reuse, but paper often tears and you should have a spare on hand either way for the random occasion you may need to remove and reinstall the intake hat.
Really all I need is the rubber seal that goes where the hat attaches to the intake, the rubber grommet where the oil drain goes through the valley pan and the gasket where the oil drain pipe attaches to the turbo. Thanks
As a sidenote I am seriously considering removing the banks altogether and going with a 93-94 factory ats turbo setup, especially since I can get a complete 94 7.3 turbo engine for 400.00 at a local junk yard

Last edited by big ole ford; 02-11-2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Fuzzy barking chickens
Old 02-12-2017, 02:39 PM
cadunkle
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
That's anywhere from a dollar to a few dollars for the seal from hat to intake, it's just a normal Holley air cleaner gasket. The oil drain gasket for the turbo is standard T3, a buck or less.

Sealing the drain to the intake pan could be tricky. I'm not aware of any off the shelf parts to do that. Mine is sealed with a piece of rubber hose on the end pushed through a grommet in the valley pan and a little RTV smeared around the outside of it. It works fine, just be sure your drain at the rear is clear and your cowl seal is good. You don't want standing water on there or some will seep into the crankcase.