Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Fuel issues on a 87' Bronco II.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:48 PM
JuntaKharr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel issues on a 87' Bronco II.

I'm looking for advice on my Bronco II. I'm not getting any fuel to the engine. I've replaced both pumps, the fuel Sender unit, all 3 filters and now the pressure regulator.

The inertia switch is completely gone. It was long gone before I acquired the vehicle. I can hear the high-pressure pump whirring under the driver side when turning the key.

There appears to be no fuel going to the pressure regulator at all.
The truck starts when using starter fluid, it's just not getting the gas to keep it running.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 PM
broncoiIInovice
New User
late to the game

Kind of the same situation for me. 15 years ago, drove to the DR's office, pulled out of the parking lot, stalled and dead. Can't remember what the problem was, Alternator maybe.

So recently (I don't drive much, bronco 87 has 100k miles), drove about a mile...went into a store came out. drove home and i noticed it stalled when i idled before I put it in park. I figured something was wrong, but
figured something with the short trip. And hey, the game as on!

So this week, had to go pickup a prescription, about oh, 2 miles away. Came out, started great, turned on to a main road in town, all was well. Got into the turn late...died. It would turn over and start for a second but
thats it. so, in the past this had happened if i put Costco fuel in it, a neighbor mechanic gave me starter fluid to put in, that worked. And after that WHILE driving (Luckily on a side street) it did it again, starter fluid
worked. Well, it didn't work stuck in major traffic at a turn lane. Luckily a cop pulled up with lights on so I wouldnt get hit. Tried jumping. nope. tried starter fluid, nope. only option was to tow it to our usual (not anymore) Big O. course it started up just fine. of course. They did not know what it could be. They suggested don't put the lowest octane gas in it. so I went from there and put premium in the truck. No problem yet, I found what looks like to be great mechanics that like working on Bronco II's and have experience. They have better test equipment. I expect everything will be fine. I have noted suggestions in the forum and will
see if their idea matches up. I am posting this in case someone else has the same problem and will update.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 PM
papperbob1
New User
Fuel pump relay

I had the same issue and when I replaced the fuel pump relay on the passenger side fender well it started up. Good luck'