General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ran off the road TWICE by the same guy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 01:11 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man....I'm glad I don't carry a pistol in the car...

So I am driving to Colorado Springs the other morning, in the left lane doing 5 over in a construction zone. This guy in a black Z-71 Chevy comes screaming up behind me, whips around, and he started into my lane when his driver door was in line with me bumper. I had to slam on my brakes so hard I slid sideways, luckily into the right lane and not the barrier. So I honk and get mad, whatever.
Then, as I'm pulling into the Springs, I get into the right lane to get off on Academy Blvd., and as I pass this guy, who's now behind a semi, he looks over at me, flips me off, and then takes over my lane. I swerved and went completely off the pavement, narrowly missing the end of the guardrail.
So I get back on the highway, catch up to him, and call the State Patrol (*CSP) to report this guy. The dispatcher tells me to give her the license plate # and description, and then to go fill out a written complaint if he doesn't get pulled over, which he didn't. So I fill out the complaint and I ask the lady what will happen to this guy.
"Well, nothing, really. There's not much we can do."
I told the gal sarcastically that I should have let him hit me the second time, and you know what she said?
"Yeah, you probably should have."

So he'll get to blatantly endanger another life tomorrow and the next day, without indemnity, I guess.
BDV

Old 08-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The wife and I were taking a trip around the lake last summer and this little ricer pickup races up behind us and then passes on a double yellow. I had to hit the binders to allow him safely by as he and all of his riders flip me off on the way past.

We caught up to him a ways further in a line of cars. He is swerving back and forth trying to see a chance to pass this line. Finally, he got impatient and passed on a corner... running three approaching cars into the ditch on the other side. Well, by then the wife had written his license number down and description of the vehicle, the driver and the passengers. ( I learned last instance to get as much detail as possible or they won't be able to verify who was driving.) We went on into town and drove directly to the Sheriffs Dept. where I went in and told them about the guy. They knew who he was. They caught up with him in another town about 15 miles off and ticketed the heck out of him. I signed a complaint, but he admitted to doing the careless driving, so I didn't have to go to court, which I would have willingly done. The idiot could have killed someone.

Moral of the story.... I hate arrogant and careless drivers. I'd like to have seen you get your hands on that guy you were telling about.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys! I'm like you both, I may not be involved with the dummy, but I use my cell to add to the other calls about him/her.
Yeah, we've got some dumb hers up here also.
I know the gov has overstepped on alot of issues, but a bill was passed for aggressive driving. You can no longer, beep your horn, use "sign" language, yell obsenities and other things against another driver or face charges. That means both parties.
We had an older gentleman here who was the recipient of an aggressive driver. The coward followed the 78 year old man home and prceeded to drag him out of his car and beat him. The old man never recovered and died 2 months later, still in I.C.U..
The punk is now serving 25+ in Attica.

People have let themselves be intimidated by "These People" that we come in contact with. It's not just driving. It seems the whole attitude for the human race has been put on hold, so "they" can be the center of "their" universe.
I'm not backing down from anyone. When I see an injustice, I'll get involved.(you have to watch out for us little guys)
Talk with you guys later....

Old 08-28-2003, 02:32 AM
dassmoof
Senior User

They drive like a jackass, so do I. Thats my philosophy. See, the way I see it, I'm a psychopath (It hasn't been proven, but thats because I ACT normal... lets just say I've been to some 'places' more than once) and if anyone tries to drive like a jackass, I'm just going to make sure they're the ones who get hurt. If someone is driving like an idiot, I'll make sure to pull in front of them or do something to **** them off and make sure they almost hit me. It serves me quite well actually. And the psychopath thing helps too because if anyone follows me or anything, you don't mess with a crazy, trust me on that one. If I see people driving like you guys do, I don't let them intimidate me. The way I see it, they can smash into my Bronco if they want, but they'll be the ones paying the price. I dunno what I'm trying to point out, but I guess it's just that I don't let people try to cut me off or run me off the road. I fight back, they swerve at me, I swerve at them. People usually back off after they know I mean business

Old 08-28-2003, 02:55 AM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey there dassmoof! I don't know, am I supposed to take you serious?
If I am, You need to GROW up, or get off the road! I have much better insurance, and it won't be my first accident. I may be a pshyco myself, because I don't care if you get hurt. You may as well put us out of your misery and put yourself into a wall!!
I'm not out there with an attitude of intimidation against anyone.
I just want to get from point "A" to "B"
If you are serious, and I hope you aren't, your parents must be proud!
If you're joking, then yeah, you got me...

Old 08-28-2003, 06:28 AM
nogo73
Posting Guru

when he fliped me off I'd ran him off the road or made him rear end my DMI hitch bye bye radiator and bumper cover

Old 08-28-2003, 08:22 AM
theologian
Postmaster

I have noticed that in Colorado Springs - The most aggressive drivers on earth are in that town. My life has been endangered more in that town than anywhere else in the States.. They are all crazy.

Theo, no longer living in Colorado.. and boy, do I miss it. (but not the Springs.)

Old 08-28-2003, 08:50 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

Well, two wrongs don't make a right...
Looking back, I could have let him hit me, relatively safely, and by that point I already had his license plate# from the first incident, so it would have been open and shut.
But you don't think that way when you're in the situation: "Oh, hang on now, let him hit me..." just doesn't come to mind in that split second. And by relative safety, I mean that I PROBABLY wouldn't have been seriously injured or killed, but I don't roll those dice, man.
At the very least, the lady at the state patrol office could have lied to me and told me he would be cited immediately; I would have felt better about it.
I drive that stretch almost every day, so maybe I'll see him again, and you can bet that I'll pull his card when I do.
BDV

Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 AM
bigdmizer
Elder User

Most aggressive drivers in Colorado Springs?
You obviously haven't been on the A.C. Expressway in NJ.
The tour buses alone will kill ya!

Old 08-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Bruin52
Elder User

big-daddy, hmmm, black chevy, can't drive worth crap, trying to cause an accident, not worried about those around him, it wasn't Dale Earnhardt was it? No wait, that's not possible.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:12 AM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru

Ouch, bruin. Funny as heck, but, dude!
What are you in, BDV? I think I remember you saying that you have a saturn as your daily driver, and *if* you do, I think that the Z71 would win that battle.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:31 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver

And they wonder why drivers shoot at each other in L.A. I understand it. I don't CONDONE it, but I certainly understand it.

Old 08-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster

I only have one thing to say, If I am bigger, and in no threat of my bed being hit..I ain't moving (If my bed gets hit I lose traction) My 150 is still bigger than most other vehicles out there..the 02 that is...and the 91 seems ALOT bigger do to the 33s.whenever people realize you are not going to budge.....their driving calms down alot. noone in a ricer wants to be run over...literally.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Lectrocuted
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two wrongs don't make a right. But three rights make a left.

Whatever happened to a relaxing drive? All the hustle and bustle brings out the worst in people. People that drive like they are the center of the universe like to gamble. They'll go bust sooner or later. Be better than them and back off. I know. Easier said than done. Weigh the consequences. And get a big truck if you can afford it. When common courtesy doesn't work, use size to your advantage.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by dassmoof
They drive like a jackass, so do I. Thats my philosophy. See, the way I see it, I'm a psychopath (It hasn't been proven, but thats because I ACT normal... lets just say I've been to some 'places' more than once) and if anyone tries to drive like a jackass, I'm just going to make sure they're the ones who get hurt. If someone is driving like an idiot, I'll make sure to pull in front of them or do something to **** them off and make sure they almost hit me. It serves me quite well actually. And the psychopath thing helps too because if anyone follows me or anything, you don't mess with a crazy, trust me on that one. If I see people driving like you guys do, I don't let them intimidate me. The way I see it, they can smash into my Bronco if they want, but they'll be the ones paying the price. I dunno what I'm trying to point out, but I guess it's just that I don't let people try to cut me off or run me off the road. I fight back, they swerve at me, I swerve at them. People usually back off after they know I mean business
Makes me so glad stupidy is not contagious.
Dono

D

Quick Reply: Ran off the road TWICE by the same guy!