1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

2006 Expedition drivers power seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM
kramerpage
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Expedition drivers power seat issue

So my drivers seat no longer moves forwards and backwards. All other positions work fine. I removed the lower plastic trim that covers the drive motor. The motor is working to turn both drive cables as I can see it torquing. So Im thinking its a mechanical track issue. Any experience with faulty tracks? Maybe debris get in them? Or are there plastic glides that wear? Dealer sells tracks L and R at 100.00 each. Pulling the seat out of the vehicle is weekend job for me. Just trying to gather info before hand. Thank you

Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 PM
kramerpage
Junior User
Well I got the seat working and thought I would post how. I removed the four screws holding the front motor to the mounting bracket. Then removed the right and left drive cables which are like a flexible speedometer cable inside a hard plastic tube. Removed tubes. Then placed the cable only back in the right side and turned it with a small crescent wrench. It rotated easily and moved the seat slide. Moved to the left track and it would not turn. So I sprayed the entire track assembly with PB Blaster and tried to rotate. No go. I then went to the rear of the seat and hit the track with a strong blow with a hammer. Tried again and it rotated. I then reassembled everything and lubed with crs whit lithium grease. The seat works fin now.

So now I have ordered a new seat foam cushion bottom and leather cover. It will arrive this week. I will then pull the seat by removing the negative battery cable. Removing all the electrical plugs. Loosen the four 55mm torx screws and place it on the bench. I plan on checking the fanmotor filter while its out.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Autoarcheologist
Junior User
Originally Posted by kramerpage
Well I got the seat working and thought I would post how. I removed the four screws holding the front motor to the mounting bracket. Then removed the right and left drive cables which are like a flexible speedometer cable inside a hard plastic tube. Removed tubes. Then placed the cable only back in the right side and turned it with a small crescent wrench. It rotated easily and moved the seat slide. Moved to the left track and it would not turn. So I sprayed the entire track assembly with PB Blaster and tried to rotate. No go. I then went to the rear of the seat and hit the track with a strong blow with a hammer. Tried again and it rotated. I then reassembled everything and lubed with crs whit lithium grease. The seat works fin now.

So now I have ordered a new seat foam cushion bottom and leather cover. It will arrive this week. I will then pull the seat by removing the negative battery cable. Removing all the electrical plugs. Loosen the four 55mm torx screws and place it on the bench. I plan on checking the fanmotor filter while its out.
​​​​​​Where did you find the seat foam?

I have been searching with no luck. Our driver side is pretty worn out and I'd rather just replace it than try to rebuild.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:14 PM
JOE DEAN
New User
2006 Eddie bauer driver seat (pwr)

Right track stuck. Left side will pull it back and forward 2". And how to remove seat from track assembly, so I can see what is going on. Is not a seat belt retainer bind, I don't believe, cause I've moved it every which way while pushing switch. Please help!

Last edited by JOE DEAN; 05-06-2022 at 05:21 PM.