2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Intro and cupholder question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Litre
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intro and cupholder question

Hello, everyone!

I picked up my F350 Magnetic Lariat Ultimate yesterday. It was a dealer order that I happened across a week prior to its arrival at the lot. It came with a couple of add-ons I wasn't seriously considering (20" machined wheels and rear seat heaters) and some I really wanted (power deployed running boards, adaptive cruise, quadbeam LEDs and the towing camera package). I've included a pretty terrible picture of the truck. The weather is pretty garbage in Boise at the moment, so it was the best I could do at the time.

I already have a warranty item (USB tray door sticks open), and am curious if I might have another. The rubber bumpers in the front cupholder got pushed in from my wife's camelback thermos and they haven't popped back. The cupholder doesn't appear to be an insert like it was on my '14 F150, so I can't "force" them to pop back out. Anyone have experience with this? Do I need to have the dealer fix it? Seems kinda stupid that it's that easy to pop them in like that

Thank you in advance!

Old 01-22-2017, 01:57 PM
twesslen
New User
Originally Posted by Litre

Hello, everyone!

I picked up my F350 Magnetic Lariat Ultimate yesterday. It was a dealer order that I happened across a week prior to its arrival at the lot. It came with a couple of add-ons I wasn't seriously considering (20" machined wheels and rear seat heaters) and some I really wanted (power deployed running boards, adaptive cruise, quadbeam LEDs and the towing camera package). I've included a pretty terrible picture of the truck. The weather is pretty garbage in Boise at the moment, so it was the best I could do at the time.

I already have a warranty item (USB tray door sticks open), and am curious if I might have another. The rubber bumpers in the front cupholder got pushed in from my wife's camelback thermos and they haven't popped back. The cupholder doesn't appear to be an insert like it was on my '14 F150, so I can't "force" them to pop back out. Anyone have experience with this? Do I need to have the dealer fix it? Seems kinda stupid that it's that easy to pop them in like that

Thank you in advance!
USB Tray I assume is the panel in front of cup holders with sliding horizontal door. I found that if i push it in a bit and let off, it closes, almost like a cabinet latch. Hope this is helpful.

For the cup holders, I also noticed that mine didn't rebound, but I think at the end of the day it does not matter much so I'm not losing sleep over it.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:57 PM
gcooley
Junior User
Congratulations. I think the tray door is a common problem, search the site there is a thread about it, don't think it is a quick fix. I had a similar problem with the cup holder, but it eventually fixed itself.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats. Yes....the tray door has been an issue for some. I even remember that some were missing a piece that let it click and lock and then click and slide. I would check with the dealer. Can't help on the cup holder pop outs...but you mentioned that your last truck they were inserts. The only insert part on the new ones is the circle on the very bottom. It has a small tab to pull for cleaning.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:52 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
My tray door worked once at the dealer when I picked it up. Now some parts have fallen into the tray.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:52 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
mine to

Originally Posted by klassic
My tray door worked once at the dealer when I picked it up. Now some parts have fallen into the tray.
Its On national back order maybe 1-120 days from now.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:55 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You actually have to push in the tray cover pretty hard to get it to pop, then it will auto close. I don't know if mine is going to need warrenty repair as this far, it is now working. But I admit at first not wanting to push it hard enough for it to close. I have not noticed the dimples not popping out in the cup holders as yet.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:03 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mhoefer
You actually have to push in the tray cover pretty hard to get it to pop, then it will auto close. I don't know if mine is going to need warrenty repair as this far, it is now working. But I admit at first not wanting to push it hard enough for it to close. I have not noticed the dimples not popping out in the cup holders as yet.
Just get it fixed. Push hard and parts fall into the tray.