Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want. - Page 8 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 2020 Bronco
Reload this Page >

Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.

This I'd buy. While this won't be what they deliver it shows how much influence the past can have but still be a modern vehicle that checks alot of boxes.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:28 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
I've seen those renderings and like the Ford Truck vibe they give EXCEPT for the Jeep-shaped half-hex wheel openings. (Side looks like an old Wagoneer...)

Get rid of the Jeep look, round those out so it looks like a FORD and all will be well
George

Old 11-03-2017, 11:03 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
I think the shape was choosen to mimick the lines of the optional fiberglass fender flares that were popular on Early Broncos. But, now that you mention it, there was s definitely a 70s Jeep Cherokee Chief look to them.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:16 PM
sykanr0ng
Freshman User
sykanr0ng is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
I think the shape was choosen to mimick the lines of the optional fiberglass fender flares that were popular on Early Broncos. But, now that you mention it, there was s definitely a 70s Jeep Cherokee Chief look to them.
The front of the Early Bronco flares curves up, it isn't a straight line like the top and back.
Made to look like the factory front wheel opening.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
That is just a rendering by a NON Ford employee.

The chances of the bronco even resembling that is slim to none

Old 12-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Sparky570
Freshman User
Sparky570 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Plain Jane,,,NO FRILLs,,,NO BLING,,,MANUAL Transmission,,,3/4 ton rating

Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM
F150DuneBasher
New User
F150DuneBasher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Christian's1988Ford View Post
In my mind, this is what I believe the Bronco will be. It'll probably have all of the powertrain options of the Ranger, but would maybe have different styling, probably going for gen 1 Bronco design treatment for the front end.
hopefully the new Ranger Raptor has the same engine as the F150 raptor.... and that same engine finds its way into the new bronco

and hopefully it comes standard on 35"s

and hopefully it sounds like my V8

and hopefully it has front and rear solid axles and is infinitely upgradable

beadlocks would be nice

as would an in-built coffee machine

Old 01-09-2018, 08:11 PM
ncl
Elder User
ncl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 View Post

This I'd buy. While this won't be what they deliver it shows how much influence the past can have but still be a modern vehicle that checks alot of boxes.

Yes this but with 2 doors. Solid axles, and maybe a retractable top or removable is fine one or the other is a must. Manual transfer case is a must. Lockers. Pretty much just shorten the dang superduty and be done with it. They would sell a ton of them! Plus cheaper to manufacture I would bet.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:20 PM
sykanr0ng
Freshman User
sykanr0ng is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...174545887.html

“We’re going to play differently,” Farley says. “Our recreational position is not like off-road crawling. It’s go to the beach, go to the mountains, be safe and confident you can get there.”

"Most owners of four- or all-wheel-drive vehicles never go off-road, so Ford is hoping to snag the cache that comes with a rugged image, without building in costly extra capability few drivers will ever use."

--------------------------------

Definitely not looking good.

Most of the Soccer Utility Vehicles on the market today will take you TO the mountains or TO the beach.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM
FatherDonald74
Junior User
FatherDonald74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
*SOMEONE AT FORD, PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO AN EXECUTIVE*

Make the Bronco an icon again that will keep Bronco customers coming in year after year and don't make the Bronco something with initial cost as the main concern. Please use a formula mechanically similar to the Jeep Wrangler so the Bronco is rugged, easy to upgrade, and very capable off-road. It needs to be something that will meet the consumer's needs/wants which will in turn assure production for a long time and not make it some fly-by-night reintroduction of a classic that offers none of the features that made the original such a classic. The 2020 Bronco must share DNA with it's predecessors in at least a few categories to compete in the Jeep Wrangler's segment.
Bronco fans want the 2020 model to share a feature with the smaller First Generation('66-'77) and the full-size Second Generation('78-'79) Broncos. There are some that prefer the looks of 3rd, 4th, or 5th Generation Broncos over the older, pre-'80 ones, but what I'd say 99% of people don't prefer is the Twin Traction Beam(TTB) front axle from the later three generations. I've been working on Broncos for over 40 years and I'd be willing to bet that on the 2020 Bronco, a monobeam(Solid Front Axle) is wanted more than any other single feature. That feature alone will bring Bronco fans running to dealerships with their checkbooks and it will give those on the fence between the Wrangler and the new Bronco a push into the Blue Oval yard. If it's built with IFS, I guarantee that most off-road enthusiasts wont even consider spending the money on a new one. What they'll do is, wait a few years and buy one used and then swap in a solid front axle. Whether the 2020 Bronco is big or small, a solid front axle will be the most important feature of all.
The second most important feature of the new Bronco will probably be the option for 2-door version. A solid front axle and two doors, you will make the majority of people happy enough to buy one. Now if you were to go as far to add at least one more key feature such as optional selectable lockers for the front and rear axles, a manually operated 2-speed transfer case, and a manual transmission, the new Bronco would sell so fast, dealerships wouldn't be able to keep them on the lot.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 PM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
If it's going to blend in with so many other SUV/CUVs on the road, why build it? This is going to have to be more than a "lifestyle vehicle"

Sounds more and more as if the competition target is the 4runner.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
If it's going to blend in with so many other SUV/CUVs on the road, why build it? This is going to have to be more than a "lifestyle vehicle"

Sounds more and more as if the competition target is the 4runner.
The 4Runner is based on the Tacoma pickup and the new Bronco will be based on the Ranger. The Everest falls right on top of the 4Runner in almost every specification and the Bronco will be based on that, so what else would you really expect? Ford is consciously trying to REDUCE the number of platforms it uses worldwide.

I am a likely buyer of the new Bronco. If you want a 1966 Bronco or a 1978 Bronco, buy one of those in minty condition or with a "driver vehicle" restoration. Watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions, they are cheaper than the new one will be.

George

Old 01-18-2018, 01:12 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
You misunderstand me. I have not made one post demanding a redo of the original. That's neither practical or possible.

I do however want to see a true utility vehicle capable of being put to rugged use, at least as a base option. The 4runner has evolved past that. Even a base model is pretty well eqipped. And, lets face it, it's marketed to urban/suburban women.

I realize the new Bronco will be a 4 door, body on frame SUV more akin to 90s/00s SUVs. However there should at least be a trim level that appeals to the outdoorsman, farmer/rancher and commercial utility users.

Many people are building "overland" vehicles. Older SUVs, mostly 4 doors, are sought for these puposes as there are few new options. I have a daighter who is an outdoor wilderness adventure guide. She has a beat up Xterra. The only new vehicle on the market that appeals to her since the Xterras demise is the Wrangler. She finds the 4runner too expensive and fancy. Another daughter drives a Wrangler she bought new 6 years ago. She has no desire for a luxury vehicle, even though she could afford one if she wanted. She learned early how expensive a Mercedes is to maintain.

Both are in their 20s. Value and ease of care are more important to them than "content" and trim levels. Many of the people their age aren't all that concerned about wifi hotspots, premium driver assist features or trendy electronic gizmos. They want something affordale, reliable and hopefully desireable or "cool".

I'm not saying that Ford shouldn't build one with Mocha Latte leather and alcantara, B&0 sound, tri coat paint, panoramic roof and 22" PVD wheels. But, they do need a rugged, low content, with practical options version.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:51 AM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
Good points, and interestingly enough, I see at least half the Jeep Wranglers in my neighborhood (reasonably well-to-do) driven by young girls, although most are driven as fashion statements and not for overlanding.

A stripped base model 4Runner is not that lavish and has simple 2-speed 4WD; the FJ Cruiser was an interesting "outfit" to wear and used ones are bringing some big bucks but like the XTerra (which I also liked) they're gone.

For most non-rock-crawling, non-mudding off-road use, most people could get by with a Subaru. (My DD's for the last 10 years have been Foresters with slightly beefed-up tires and they get thru a lot--but I prefer American and would like a Bronco.) I've seen videos of lifted Subarus with gnarly tires doing some amazingly tough terrain.

Good discussion.
George

Old 01-18-2018, 03:43 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by YoGeorge View Post
.....and as much as real enthusiasts seem to beg for these niche vehicles, they don't seem to buy them.
Boy, ain't that the truth.

I've noticed that enthusiast on many different forums beg for all kinds of stuff, but when it come time to pull the trigger, often all you hear is crickets.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: