Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want. - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 2020 Bronco
Reload this Page >

Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:41 AM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
You can buy a short cab XL pickup if you order it. They are plenty tough. Nobody orders them... And if people bought them, dealers would order and stock them. Of course, the mfr and dealer profit margins get huge with loaded vehicles--it's all about "content"...but fleets order XL's and they are still sold to civilians.

I call BS on people going to the lot and buying a Lariat with heated and cooled DVD players when they really want a stripped down XL. They want the limo because their buddy has a limo and it's all about image. I'm planning my next vehicle purchase (which might be a Bronco) between a few months and a few years out and I'll order what I want if I have to.

Even looking at Jeep Wranglers, people are buying the loaded $50K Unlimiteds, not 2-door strippers. Because most are driven by rich girls to high school and to the mall, or by old guys who have money for toys. People "wear" Jeeps more than people use them.

George

Old 04-10-2017, 05:21 AM
KOT390
Senior User
KOT390 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, I also agree George. You CAN get a nice XL that is a tough truck....if you order it...and have a minimum of 30K. Too expensive these days. But, my point is that we both know they are not readily available and why. Probably most of the ones that are on the road as civilian vehicles were bought second hand. From a fleet.

I understand you call BS on people not wanting what they buy but I am still going to have to disagree. People will buy it and stretch the budget, knowing that it isn't necessary just because it is there, on the lot. Whatever, I don't know what kind of people ACTUALLY have the financial means to drop 30-60K on a TRUCK anyway. I paid not much more than that for my first house.

KOT390

Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 AM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
I'm not sure what argument you are making KOT. You are saying that people can't afford $30k for a new truck so they spend $50 on a loaded one?

Ford sold 820,000 F series trucks in 2016--used to be a million--so a lot of people have the money, most with help from their bank. I am guessing that many are leased also. Buyers will also have to pony up $30-50k for a new Bronco, which I am guessing will price out somewhere between an Edge and an Explorer....and right where well equipped Jeeps fall.

If you are not a buyer at this price point, Ford is not designing this vehicle for you.

George

Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Bruners4
Senior User
Bruners4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I agree with most of the others on the listing of features and functions. For me the Bronco6g.org renderings are just what I'm looking for. I know that all of us want horsepower to motivate our large tired Broncos but this will be a world car and should have a driveline that is certified to roam the world. So with that said, I think the best performance choice for our rugged vehicles is the Ford Lion 3.0 twin-turbo diesel, 202 kW (271 hp), 600 Nm (440 lbfft). This engine would be perfect with that amount of torque!

Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Frdtrkrul
Posting Guru
Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.
Put this in perspective, each new generation was on the drawing board for about 5 years before it hits the production line. So if it is truly coming out, design was done back in '14 or '15. That being said my list is:

2.7 V6 EcoBoost, 3.2 I5 or 3.0 diesel, 5.0 or the rumored 4.8 V8

6 speed manual, with Granny gear

Manual or ESOF t-case

Locking differentials

Option of low gear ratios from the factory (3.73 standard, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56 optional)

Two door and four door with removable top

Solid axles, if IS all around, then ability to add lift kit easily without much trouble ie torsion bars.

FX4 package standard on all trims

33" standard tire with ease to jump to a 35" without needing lift.

25 gallon minimum fuel tank, 33 gallon extended range

I'm not going to whine if the body is aluminum, just as long as it can handle abuse on trails. Really hoping it will be designed with off road in mind, unlike newer Explorers.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM
theboom
Senior User
theboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul View Post
Put this in perspective, each new generation was on the drawing board for about 5 years before it hits the production line. So if it is truly coming out, design was done back in '14 or '15. That being said my list is:

2.7 V6 EcoBoost, 3.2 I5 or 3.0 diesel, 5.0 or the rumored 4.8 V8

6 speed manual, with Granny gear

Manual or ESOF t-case

Locking differentials

Option of low gear ratios from the factory (3.73 standard, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56 optional)

Two door and four door with removable top

Solid axles, if IS all around, then ability to add lift kit easily without much trouble ie torsion bars.

FX4 package standard on all trims

33" standard tire with ease to jump to a 35" without needing lift.

25 gallon minimum fuel tank, 33 gallon extended range

I'm not going to whine if the body is aluminum, just as long as it can handle abuse on trails. Really hoping it will be designed with off road in mind, unlike newer Explorers.
Pretty much what I want as well. Although solid axles is a must. Ifs/irs can be made to be okay off road, I still prefer solid over even a custom built independent, but oem independent suspension is a joke off-road. Horrible wheel travel range and weak as hell. It's also more expensive and more difficult to lift and repair.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Taylor Heuck
New User
Taylor Heuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
V8 bronco.

MUST have a V8 option. And must have 2 door option.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
I'm not sure If FORD is listening or not. Or even if my option matters, but here it is.

* I would want it based off the 2015+ Aluminum F150 chassis(like one of the april fools silver renderings)

* 2 doors but have like a suicide door to access the rear(like a FJ) , Or optional 4 door

* A removable top would be a huge advantage

* A V8

* manual Trans and T-case(entirely possible since the mustang is available with it)

* An XL (cheaper option), and for all the rich people a Raptor pkg

*Solid axle(I know just a pipe dream)

Old 04-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Fert
Senior User
Fert is starting off with a positive reputation.
the perfect Bronco for me would be:

1979 Ford bronco with the new SD front suspension and either a diesel or a very good size ecoboost motor. Take the big 1979 version and make a few modern adjustments: disc brakes all the way around, better back seat (captain chairs), 1 ton drive train front and back, manual transmission.

then make it 9/10 scale down in size.... NOT a BRONCO 2 version 2 junk.
don't add in so much electronics that no one can work on it or go 4 wheeling. then watch them sale and sale and sale off the show room floor.

Fert

Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Fert View Post
the perfect Bronco for me would be:

1979 Ford bronco with the new SD front suspension and either a diesel or a very good size ecoboost motor. Take the big 1979 version and make a few modern adjustments: disc brakes all the way around, better back seat (captain chairs), 1 ton drive train front and back, manual transmission.

then make it 9/10 scale down in size.... NOT a BRONCO 2 version 2 junk.
don't add in so much electronics that no one can work on it or go 4 wheeling. then watch them sale and sale and sale off the show room floor.

Fert

What's so wrong with the old Bronco II's? I've always been a Ranger fan at heart so I may be biased. But the Bronco II was a very capable off-road vehicle built in a more compact size, which I'm sure allowed it to go places that the bigger Bronco couldn't get to. Most Bronco II's I knew of back in the day were very reliable unless they were beat to death and not maintained. The 2.9 V6 was a rugged little motor, even if unrefined. The truck was small enough that it really didn't need a V8.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Frdtrkrul
Posting Guru
Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.
After test driving a 2011 Ranger recently, I can safely say that it's way too small comfort wise, compared to the new Tacoma, older Dakotas, and Frontiers. Back when I was 16 (9 years ago) the Ranger felt great and so did the S10. But since it'll be a larger truck this time around, it'll have much more room. Considering you can get into Tacomas and the like for under $23,000 in some cases, the Bronco and Ranger should be in that ball park if not under $20,000.

Having 1 ton or 3/4 ton axles and suspension parts in something about the size of a Wrangler, it's going to be a very rough ride. Dana 44 or equivalent would be a much better option, and I'm not talking the ancient Twin I beam, talking straight axles. It'll be just fine for its size and if parts are needed it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than super duty parts.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Well, some of the above suggestions would be nice, but they ain't gonna happen in the age of the EPA and NHTSA. So realistically, not ideally, here's what I would hope to see.

Aluminum body

2.7 EB, 2.3 EB and maybe a diesel, who knows which one yet.

A manual transmission option (I know, I know)

A manual transfer case lever

A rugged and well thought out interior that can take being used in the real world. Think heavy duty seat coverings and vinyl flooring, extra heavy in the cargo area. Less plastic and more exposed metal. This could be a base model or an off road (FX4) model.

Optional or standard heavy duty duty steel wheels, think police car type.

A roof that comes off, at least partially. Sadly, I think it would be more realistically like the removable panels on a Jeep Renegade.

The roof should be reinforced enough to support a load on a rack or a roof top tent.

An easily removable rear seat for the 2 door version.

The less electro gizmos the better. Keep it simple. The radio should be a removable tablet like an iPad mini.

Meaningful lockable compartments with metal lids.

A rear mounted spare tire.

Steel bumpers, front and rear. Plastic aero design doesn't work in an off road environment. At least design the truck in such a way that steel replacements can be fitted easily.

A simple, boxy design that doesn't change every few years. The Jeep XJ Cherokee was almost perfect in that it hasdonly one minor facelift in 17 years of production.

Keep it simple, plain, rugged and easy to outfit. If soccer moms and college girls want them, fine, but don't cater to those who want it lower, better riding, more luxurious, etc, etc. They can go buy the Explorer for that. But wait, it won't look as cool... Cool comes at the cost creature comforts.

Bottom line. Good power, heavy duty (to a point, it is going to be Ranger based), easy to clean and maintain, simple, rugged, inexpensive (relatively speaking)

People really want an Original Bronco, Land Rover Defender 90, FJ40 type of vehicle, so give it to us. The only thing left on the US market is the Wrangler in all of it's plasticy goodness.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:53 AM
PERFORMANCE RED
Elder User
PERFORMANCE RED is starting off with a positive reputation.
My two wishes are:
1. Two doors if it has more don't even call it a Bronco.
2. For it to not look like all the other Ford SUV's on the market.

I'd prefer it to look more like the 78-86 version of the Bronco than the older boxy style but i would take that over the kidney bean looking things they have now.

As far as power i am sure it will have the same engines choices at the Ranger, which so far, sounds like it would be pretty good choices. Real 4x4 would be nice over AWD. Please don't make it another mall crawler SUV.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:09 AM
SDDL-UP
Elder User
SDDL-UP is starting off with a positive reputation.
Something keeps popping up that makes me think Ford just "doesn't get it" - SYNC.....

If Ford thinks they are selling the 2020 Bronco because of SYNC they don't get it. It will be IN SPITE OF SYNC.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:08 AM
aurgathor
Postmaster
aurgathor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm fairly happy with my 95 XL (even if it needs fixing right now) but here is my wish list, mostly in the form of factory options.

factory skid plates
mounting points for a full length roof rack
metal bumpers, the front bumper with a hole for an optional front hitch
manual transmission, preferably with 6 - 7 gears
manual transfer case
electric lockers -- front and rear
2 doors
at least 2 - 3 engines from high mpg to high power
easily removable back seat
several trim levels (XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer, whatever) from affordable to luxury
electric engine fans with driver control (so they can be turned off during fording)

Of course I'm not holding my breath on any of these

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: