2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
One major suggestion- If it's just a rebadged Everest, then badge it as an Everest. That's cool in it's own right, don't trash the Bronco name on something that has no resemblance to it.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I forgot to add that I actually want the 2.7L EcoBoost in the new Bronco. Perfect engine for a small(ish) capable Bronco.

A three speed transfer case would be a great addition as well.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 AM
bbf385
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nova801428
If we are dreaming...

Removable top with a hatch

Solid axles front and rear

These two will be deal breakers for me. If it doesn't have these then forget it, Ill buy a Jeep.

Don't care about a diesel. Honestly a 3.5 ecoboost would be my engine of choice.

Wife has a '17 Escape and I'm holding out for a Bronco. I'll just keep the Fusion a bit longer.

Last edited by bbf385; 01-25-2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-24-2017, 09:14 AM
nova801428
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bbf385
These to will be deal breakers for me. If it does have these then forget it, Ill buy a Jeep.

Don't care about a diesel. Honestly a 3.5 ecoboost would be my engine of choice.

Wife has a '17 Escape and I'm holding out for a Bronco. I'll just keep the Fusion a bit longer.
I've always wanted a Jeep until a couple weeks ago on my honeymoon we rented a 2016 Wrangler 2dr. I no longer have any interest to own or buy a Jeep. Had more rattles, quirks, and irritating things about it than any vehicle I've ever owned. I'll leave the Jeep for Ken and Barbie

A 3.5 ecoboost would be crazy in a light vehicle.

I'd also like a set of manual hubs please!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:31 AM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Solid axles.

Removable top.

Not cramped.

No plastic body panels.

Two doors. And that's coming from a 4 door bronco owner.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:01 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,412 Likes on 1,007 Posts
manual trans with a granny low for crawling, solid axles.

Winch and actual bumpers that will take a hi lift jack.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:05 PM
1985 Bronco
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is a poor photo edit I did of a bronco top on a shortened 2016 ranger. I feel like it is probably gonna look something like this. I hope not though

Old 01-26-2017, 02:09 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,412 Likes on 1,007 Posts
Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1985 Bronco
Here is a poor photo edit I did of a bronco top on a shortened 2016 ranger. I feel like it is probably gonna look something like this. I hope not though

That looks like inspector gadgets car from the old cartoon!

Old 01-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I want low-tech, 2-doors, manual transfer, manual transmission, locking hubs, and a V8! I'm tired of vehicles that have cameras at every angle and can practically drive themselves! I don't need or want SYNC 3, a Navigation system or any of the other garbage that's coming on today's vehicles. I want something similar in size to the 1990's era Ford Explorer Sport. And I want it to be affordable.
I realize I'm not going to get any of this so I'll just go back to bed and keep dreaming.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 AM
My4Fordtrucks
Lead Driver
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,069 Posts
Originally Posted by db_tanker
Troller T4 with the front grill and fascia changed to bring it more in line with Ford global marketing and design
To each his own but I completely disagree. It should look like a Bronco and not like every SUV in the product lineup but in a different size.

Tseekins,
How is the any '73-74 different/better style wise then the '66-72, '75-77 years?

Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by My4Fordtrucks
To each his own but I completely disagree. It should look like a Bronco and not like every SUV in the product lineup but in a different size.

Tseekins,
How is the any '73-74 different/better style wise then the '66-72, '75-77 years?
It's not, just came to me while I was typing.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:22 PM
SVTDriver97
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright Ford, LISTEN UP!!

I am a prospective buyer of the new Bronco, and it needs to be good. I know you want to make it a Wrangler fighter, and that's great! Because i'm in the market for either a new Wrangler OR a Bronco. I've been a Ford man my whole life, but the prospect of a small to mid-size new Bronco is enough to make me wait to see what you'll bring to the table.

As far as looks go, it needs to be something very similar to what a fan made a year or so ago. It's posted over on the Bronco6g website:

That, in my opinion, is EXACTLY what this world needs. It combines classic styling with modern touch and it's rugged and modern. It looks like what the Bronco was originally meant to be, a small off roader that you can drive everyday if needed. I've heard mixed stories about whether it will have a true solid axle, but let me tell you, that it really should!

You guys made a live axle in the Mustang work for generations, and had it perfected until the 2015 came along, so please work your magic there to make it ride acceptable on the road, and be able to handle the trails on the weekends. Having a 4 door option wouldn't be a bad idea either, but make sure there is a standard 2 door option, because that's what I think the majority of die-hard Bronco fans would want. To directly compete with the Wrangler, you do need to have that 4 door option available, but don't make it the sole option. It also MUST have a removable top option. That's what the Bronco came with and left with, don't take away its soul!

As far as motors go, i'm thinking the 3.5 EcoBoost obviously, but please oh PLEASE, throw the Coyote 5.0 in it. Imagine just how much you'd be able to spice up the small SUV market by having a small Bronco with a beefy V8 in it!!! It would be a supreme pleasure to drive I know, because after all...you can't forget about the original Bronco's heartbeat and drivetrain being driven by the 289/302. I'm thinking it would be too much of a stretch for you to put a manual in it, but that would keep the manual transmission alive and kicking for the time being. A diesel option is not something I would ever look for in a small off road SUV, but that's just my 2 cents.

Remember, hipsters and new age customers will not be buying a Bronco to live in the city and drive down to the nearest soy latte bar to talk about their next book that they're writing on post modern existentialism. We're not looking for autonomous vehicles here. We're human, we can drive ourselves. We don't need it filled with a huge amount of technology. Navigation, heated/cooled seats is a must, but as far as autonomous driving, don't. Just don't. Don't get confused on what a Bronco is meant to be, or who it's targeted at.

The eyes of the world are on you to make this right. Please don't let us down!

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 PM
5851a
Logistics Pro
Received 720 Likes on 570 Posts
Post 25 and 28 nailed it for me. It better be a 2 door, if not it's not a Bronco. I hope Ford takes a note of what retro did for the Mustang (Now they are mucking it up again).

Old 02-09-2017, 01:18 PM
SGR F150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SVTDriver97
Alright Ford, LISTEN UP!!

I am a prospective buyer of the new Bronco, and it needs to be good. I know you want to make it a Wrangler fighter, and that's great! Because i'm in the market for either a new Wrangler OR a Bronco. I've been a Ford man my whole life, but the prospect of a small to mid-size new Bronco is enough to make me wait to see what you'll bring to the table.

As far as looks go, it needs to be something very similar to what a fan made a year or so ago. It's posted over on the Bronco6g website:

That, in my opinion, is EXACTLY what this world needs. It combines classic styling with modern touch and it's rugged and modern. It looks like what the Bronco was originally meant to be, a small off roader that you can drive everyday if needed. I've heard mixed stories about whether it will have a true solid axle, but let me tell you, that it really should!

You guys made a live axle in the Mustang work for generations, and had it perfected until the 2015 came along, so please work your magic there to make it ride acceptable on the road, and be able to handle the trails on the weekends. Having a 4 door option wouldn't be a bad idea either, but make sure there is a standard 2 door option, because that's what I think the majority of die-hard Bronco fans would want. To directly compete with the Wrangler, you do need to have that 4 door option available, but don't make it the sole option. It also MUST have a removable top option. That's what the Bronco came with and left with, don't take away its soul!

As far as motors go, i'm thinking the 3.5 EcoBoost obviously, but please oh PLEASE, throw the Coyote 5.0 in it. Imagine just how much you'd be able to spice up the small SUV market by having a small Bronco with a beefy V8 in it!!! It would be a supreme pleasure to drive I know, because after all...you can't forget about the original Bronco's heartbeat and drivetrain being driven by the 289/302. I'm thinking it would be too much of a stretch for you to put a manual in it, but that would keep the manual transmission alive and kicking for the time being. A diesel option is not something I would ever look for in a small off road SUV, but that's just my 2 cents.

Remember, hipsters and new age customers will not be buying a Bronco to live in the city and drive down to the nearest soy latte bar to talk about their next book that they're writing on post modern existentialism. We're not looking for autonomous vehicles here. We're human, we can drive ourselves. We don't need it filled with a huge amount of technology. Navigation, heated/cooled seats is a must, but as far as autonomous driving, don't. Just don't. Don't get confused on what a Bronco is meant to be, or who it's targeted at.

The eyes of the world are on you to make this right. Please don't let us down!

Thanks.
...this...this is the way it should be.

And my last name is FORD....so don't let me down. I am eagerly waiting to buy...if it comes out like this.

Quick Reply: Official suggestions to Ford concerning the new Bronco thread...tell em what you want.