2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Canadian 2017 F-350 SD Lemon - need help

Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am avoiding the what's happening with the truck situation. I would guess only real option is dealer demo until they actaully figure it out. If they do.

I am taking something in town. More or less off the lot.

Fact is Ford is costing me $8,000 to fix a problem that was not mine to start with. Likely more when I figure out the numbers.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 AM
garco61
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hire an attorney - you shouldn't be out for a lemon...

Old 02-08-2017, 11:33 AM
17450KR
Senior User
Originally Posted by garco61
Hire an attorney - you shouldn't be out for a lemon...
This was already recommended. Apparently, he would rather lose the $8K than explore legal action. If it was me, I would take the offer Ford has on the table and seek legal advice. Often, when organizations start getting contacted by an attorney they will re-negotiate their initial deal. But, thankfully, it's not me so not my call or my money.

On Edit: Since this site is called Ford Truck Enthusiasts, I assume Sleepyguy will no longer be posting. I don't think he is "enthused" anymore.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand why Ford would treat me so well on my buyback (and they treated me very well) and then another person so poorly. I'm not attacking or questioning Sleepyguy in any way, I'm questioning the inconsistency in buyback protocol with Ford.

When Ford bought my truck back, I was given the option of a direct buyback, or they would assist with replacing the truck.
I took a straight out buyback. They paid me sticker price, plus all taxes, tags, and extra's I had added to the truck. I told the Ford attorney that in all honesty, I hadn't paid sticker price for the truck and it wasn't fair for them to pay that to me. She told me that paying MSRP was Ford's policy and that is how they did it.
No argument from me. They wrote me a [more than] fair check for the truck. The only thing I had into driving that truck for 2 years and 24,000 miles was my insurance.

Sleepyguy, maybe you should inquire about a straight out buyback. Then you'd be free to buy any brand truck you wanted. While my experience only strengthened my faith in them, I understand from all you've said that you've lost faith in Ford Motor Company. This would probably be the best result for you, especially with the $8,000 loss.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by RJC2
I don't understand why Ford would treat me so well on my buyback (and they treated me very well) and then another person so poorly.
RJ are you Canadian or US? They are completely different departments apparently and not associated.

I have spoke with legal and was told that $8k is just a drop in the bucket if I go that route and it will take a very long time.

Ford seems to think 8 weeks to resolve a problem is not enough expenditure to consider the buy back. There is some magic number that needs to be reached and considering all they are doing is constantly checking grounding wires. I don't see them breaking the repair budget in any life time.

I am dealing with one of the most senior customer relation managers in he department and they have never heard of nor seen a trade assets buy back in ten years.

Of course some of what I am being told could all be half truths and full lies. All a guy wants is the truck he bought for work..

I have contacted CAMVAP and if a deal is not struck might go that route. They are binding arbitration that waves any legal rights to appeal or further legal action.

Basically I have knocked on every door a side from speaking to senior management at Ford. No one will let me go above customer relations. Simply refer me back to them.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
This will be my last post on updates for the truck on here unless you all have questions.

It's been 5 months of which over 8 weeks the truck has been in shop for warranty repaires. I contacted Ford Canada Relations Center on week 2 of the truck being in off Twitter of all things they reached out to me.

The dealership is selling off the truck somewhere I don't care at thing point sad to say. It still have unresolved electrical issues.

I was eventually able to get Ford Canada to support the trade back. I am loosing roughly $4000 out of pocket. More if you count not the fact not doing some thing on new truck.

What I have learned is:

Ford Canada states under warranty they have the obligation to repair, adjust or replace defective parts. There is no stipulation of time but legal allows reasonable amount of time to pass. After that Ford become liable.

Ford Canada trade assets requirements are not transparent and it can take a very long time before they will even consider a trade. 6 plus months. The 10 lady helping me said she has never heard of a case in her term there in which they did a trade assets to replace an unrepairable vehicle.

Lawyers all advise settle it out of court if you can. Same with CAMVAP. VICCAM does not handling in warranty issues. You can only claim with them on unresolved problems thus in my case I would go after electrical.

I am still not pleased I lost money as a result of the manufacture failing to build then failing to standby their product. But you have to cut your losses and move on at some point.

Canada needs a lemon law and now that I have been through the ringer I see why USA has one. Good on states for doing so.

Pissed off new new Ford truck owner out.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:04 PM
AKHunter93
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-11-2017, 08:09 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least you have a new truck. Too bad it cost you. I'm surprised that Canada doesn't have some sort of consumer protection in place for its people.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
New truck is done, parked, and tested. So far it is 100% better then the SuperLemon.

Arg what a pain lol

Old 02-26-2017, 01:47 PM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
New truck is done, parked, and tested. So far it is 100% better then the SuperLemon.

Arg what a pain lol
Sorry about your experience. I hope this truck is great for you!

Old 02-26-2017, 01:50 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC2
Remember that any issue that you bring up during the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty (like the backup camera) will be covered after the warranty expires.
But, if my experience is any indication, you'll have to fight for it. Also, it seems to be very hard to get attention on an intermittent problem that doesn't leave a cel. I've been working on an intermittent TPMS malfunction for almost 40,000 miles. They finally decided it was a wheel sensor and replaced it. Problem reappeared as usual...

Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Dealers seem to fear replacing stuff unless they have proof it is defective. Rarely do they replace something to see what happens or just in case. It's really a poor system from customers perspective.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:41 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
Dealers seem to fear replacing stuff unless they have proof it is defective. Rarely do they replace something to see what happens or just in case. It's really a poor system from customers perspective.
If the part is not bad, then the dealer will not be able to warranty the part, and the dealer absorbs the parts and labor costs!

Edit: it's like the saying stuff rolls down hill. Ford tightens up warranty on the dealer and that's profit in Fords pockets. Now the dealer is in the middle, trying to please the customer and not go broke, so to speak doing so. That's why the dealer has tightened the screws on the customer.....