North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Well, I sold my IH travelall

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 08:42 PM
axidjw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I sold my IH travelall

So I haven't been on the forums for the last three months or so because I bought a international harvester travalall wagon. Got an amazing deal and it was literally under a barn lean to, on a farmer's property. Been working on it around the clock, she was in great shape under all the green dirt, grime and muck. Just a little under body rust and rust inside behind passenger bench. Guy in my neighborhood has been watching me work on her and would come by about twice a week. Redid the interior (new carpet, seats, paint, etc..). Did a small rebuild on top of engine and electrical. Purred like a kitten. Guy finally convinced me over the weekend to sell her to him. I wasn't going to sell but I only put maybe $3500 including purchase into her and he offered me 10k so I had to let her go. Kind of sad now but well, money for more Lucille parts and goodness...haha Time to get back to the truck and fellow Ford brethren...lol

Old 01-03-2017, 09:45 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work on the flip. Even though it wasn't your intention sounds like you made out well. Hope the guy is happy and now you have funds for other projects. Cool.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:55 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sound slike you really did well John.
A $6500 profit, I would have sold it too.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:27 PM
axidjw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, I wasn't planning on selling. It was such a unique vehicle that I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy her while I was fixing all the stuff. Didn't even totally finish all the projects I had planned but Jim came by at least once a week and was lurking..Lol
He's an old coot like me and had always wanted a IH, a scout actually but he fell in love with the wagon and he threw that number out, I even tried to down play it a little as Im not one to make profits off these old projects. I just enjoy tinkering. He insisted so I said what the hell, I couldn't turn it down. He had cash in hand. Asked him if I could drive it to the bank with him so I could get in one last drive. We drove down to the Fargo. Signed over the title, deposited the cash and he drove me back to the house. You couldn't have smacked the smile off his face as everyone on the road was giving thumbs up and yelling awesome vehicle. Hell, a guy pulled up to us at the stop light and asked if it was for sell. I just busted out laughing when Jim said..Hell no. I just bought it from him!! Lol
wifey came home and asked where Gisele was, why she picked that name I have ever no idea.. I told her I sold it, even said the price..Wifey was not happy. Time to find something new to play with and finish Lucille..