6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

"Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:49 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
"Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"

Don't know how true but ??? oil pump

Old 12-31-2016, 08:04 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
might be a few that were designed with a oil pump suspect.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:47 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes it's actually getting quite a few reactions in the 17 form of course the natural reaction from some of the members is blaming the mechanic for not getting to the point quicker or being a liar typical response on this site when someone tries to help anyone.
I have some update information form my brother who works at a dealership they also located two vehicles on their lot one has the problem brother feels that the the pump itself causing the issue can't imagine ??what's different pump they used ?? in the new engine considering it's based on the 15 and 16 design with a torque curve increase however I'm sure we'll find out more issues develop apparently was brought to light by a truck blowing up somewhere in Alaska so the rumor begins lol glad I didn't buy a 17

Old 12-31-2016, 08:55 AM
senix
Super Moderator
I would be inclined to think there was a bad batch of pumps due to manufacturing.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just to clear the air on this topic.

Yes there is a field service bulletin out to all the dealers regarding engine oil pressures on 2017 6.7L PowerStrokes. Dealers are to perform an inspection of all unsold trucks. If the truck fails inspection, the dealer is to hold it until a fix is released - due mid January.

The bulletin also states that less than 1% of trucks are expected to be affected and require repair. The rest are fine.

Being that this affects such a small percentage of trucks suggests that this is not a widespread problem, and shouldn't be a concern for owners. Demonstration/delivery holds happen all the time. Ford is aware of an issue and will have a solution in the coming weeks for those trucks that are affected.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Great input Curtis, pretty much what I would expect.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:59 AM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts
Glad I saw this, was looking at new ones yesterday. Just another headache I could live without.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:17 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I noticed they are all silver trucks...

Seems like some things from MY to MY are changed that create or fix issues. Like ceramic ball bearings in the turbo as an example.

To the mechanic in the youtube above. Get over it, recalls happen, a fix will come out, adjustments made, if anything it keeps you busy/employed/money in the bank. Sounds like he thinks it's the end of the world. If the 6.0 didn't kill Ford's light truck diesel sales, this certainly won't either. Good catch on the wiring harness to close to the AC line. An ounce of prevention when new will prevent pounds of problems later.

And yes, I would hate to have problematic 2017 and understand any consumer that has one will be super annoyed. I've been there done that, and luckily my 2011 and 2015 have been my least troublesome vehicles.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:51 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Fact of life, as all the new trucks get more complicated things are going to happen. That's what warranties are for. Million dollar planes and billion dollar aircraft carriers have build problems. You'll survive.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:15 AM
747Driver
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
This might explain the lots full of new SuperDutys that I saw yesterday while passing through Louisville, KY. They had a parking lot full of them at the convention center which is quite ways from assembly location.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by Pocket
Just to clear the air on this topic.

Yes there is a field service bulletin out to all the dealers regarding engine oil pressures on 2017 6.7L PowerStrokes. Dealers are to perform an inspection of all unsold trucks. If the truck fails inspection, the dealer is to hold it until a fix is released - due mid January.

The bulletin also states that less than 1% of trucks are expected to be affected and require repair. The rest are fine.

Being that this affects such a small percentage of trucks suggests that this is not a widespread problem, and shouldn't be a concern for owners. Demonstration/delivery holds happen all the time. Ford is aware of an issue and will have a solution in the coming weeks for those trucks that are affected.

Curtis,
It seams this test could have been performed on the engine dyno at the engine factory and the defect could have been identified sooner rather than later. I'm questioning if Ford even runs these's engines at the engine factory. If not... then it can be explained how the engine factory allowed this defect to escape. In addition if Ford believes this defect is ~1 percent then they should be able to track this defect from the lot# off the defective pumps to the engine serial number and to the truck VIN number.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:14 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Curtis,
It seams this test could have been performed on the engine dyno at the engine factory and the defect could have been identified sooner rather than later. I'm questioning if Ford even runs these's engines at the engine factory. If not... then it can be explained how the engine factory allowed this defect to escape. In addition if Ford believes this defect is ~1 percent then they should be able to track this defect from the lot# off the defective pumps to the engine serial number and to the truck VIN number.
Ford lost my already built special order 2015 truck for over 2 months in the Kentucky factory parking lot. If they can't find a complete truck with a vin# I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

By the way, Happy New Year

Old 01-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,630 Likes on 1,644 Posts
The reason that I only kept my '15 for a year was that it was problematic, since the first week of ownership........that doesn't make all of them problematic! I traded it for a '16! My '16 has not had a hiccup in 18000 miles.....so far, so good!!

Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 PM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts
Am I looking through the moderators special 'ford can't do wrong rose colored glasses' or did the title of this thread change?

Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroo
Am I looking through the moderators special 'ford can't do wrong rose colored glasses' or did the title of this thread change?
The thread title changed, and it wasn't us that did it. Another user suggested the change to Radium in the duplicate thread in the '17 SD forum, and he also made the change over here.

You must be confusing forums, FTE isn't owned or influenced by FoMoCo whatsoever. I, and the other site staff members, could give a crap less what Ford things of the discussion on here.

Quick Reply: "Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"