2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Peragon Bed Cover Install

Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Peragon Bed Cover Install

As promised, I've attached a few photos of my Peragon bed cover installation. I purchased it with the clamp installation as well, so I didn't have to drill holes in my bed. The install went fairly smooth, and it only took a couple hours, primarily because I would stop and watch their installation videos on youtube for a step that I didn't want to screw up. Their videos are really great to help with the install. If you have any questions, please let me know. And, if you want to see any other pictures just let me know as well.

Sorry for the dirty spots on the cover...we got a light drizzle before I could take any pictures, but you get the point. I think it looks fantastic. The opening and closing action works great, and I love that it hardly takes up any of the bed when closed. (Or cover the back window like the backflip)

Old 12-23-2016, 04:31 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got mine on today as well. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
What did you think of the install? Did you do the clamps also, or did you go ahead and drill? The one thing I didn't install was the gasket between the lower part of the bed and the tailgate. I wasn't sure what to do with it, as the instructions didn't really have any pictures of proper location, and I was too lazy to check out the youtube videos to see if an install video existed. Also, the one thing I initially screwed up on was that I used the (wrong) tailgate gasket when I initially stuck the back rail gasket on. I didn't even see the other gasket because it was along the side rail and I never saw it until I picked the whole unit up to put on the truck. Ooops!

Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I clamped it on. Install went well for me, but I had practice installing one on my dad's F150 at Thanksgiving. I've got to tweak a couple clamps still to get it to sit down where I want it, but other than that, it's rolling nicely. I need some warm weather or a warm garage before I put the tailgate seal on

Old 12-25-2016, 04:11 AM
OkieSweetness
Junior User
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Any pics of it rolled up? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Spoojr
Tuned
Merry Christmas to you too! I'll run out there in a little bit and snap some photos for you.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:34 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
yes roll it up

Originally Posted by OkieSweetness
Any pics of it rolled up? Thanks and Merry Christmas!
I would like to see to ..Still have not made my mind up what cover to get

but don't smoke it LOL

Old 12-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Sorry guys, the darkness hit before I got a chance to take any pictures. I will definitely get them for you tomorrow. Sorry about that!

Old 12-26-2016, 05:01 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Better late than never I suppose. Below are a few pictures of the cover retracted from different angles so you can see how much of the bed is taken up. Of note, the entire group of panels can also be easily and quickly removed to free up the entire bed, with the exception of the small metal brackets that are below the bed frame on either side. (That fold and unfold the panels) It is as simple to do and only involves hitting a quick-release latch on the passenger side. Let me know if you have any additional questions about it. I really like it so far, although I haven't really had many opening and closing cycles, as I haven't been carrying anything.

How it opens

With the tailgate open

Cover open

Small amount of bed taken

A picture of one of the brackets

Old 12-26-2016, 05:08 PM
gpf2ez
Elder User
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Any issues with opening/closing the tailgate with the cover?

Old 12-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Originally Posted by gpf2ez
Any issues with opening/closing the tailgate with the cover?
Not a bit. While installing the rails they give you an exact measurement that you need to have between the tailgate and the rail. (I used a 3/16 drill bit as a template as recommended per the instructions) When the tailgate closes, it presses against a rubber seal that is on the end of the last panel to provide a measure of water resistance. It works very well in my opinion.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:06 PM
TrikeDawg
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the support brackets interfere with the front box link brackets? If so this may be the deciding factor on not ordering the Peragon Bed Cover.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:47 PM
dlauffenburger
Senior User
Nice looking cover! I saw one at the dealer and was intrigued about how it will work when covered by snow and ice. Will the snow weight want to open the top all of the time and start to loosen up the locking mechanism and hinges?

I have a Backflip on my F150 and it works fairly well, my only complaint is that the tailgate seal has a tendency to freeze to the tailgate.

All of the folding covers need to have the snow removed to open, just the way it is.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Spoojr
Tuned
Originally Posted by TrikeDawg
Will the support brackets interfere with the front box link brackets?
TrikeDawg, that's a great observation, and I haven't even thought about that since I haven't put in the box link adapters yet. It's a little too late to get it done tonight, but I'll check it tomorrow and report back.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Coolc
New User
Thanks for adding these pics! I think my mind has been made.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Peragon Bed Cover Install