2008 ford escape 3.0l auto with 117xxx

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 PM
C&d roadside
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ford escape 3.0l auto with 117xxx

Hey guys and girls. im glad to say i found the reason my CEL is on and codes are for the evap... its my canister, if i unhook it at fill up it can just let it fill full bore.. where as before i had to just barely squeeze the pump trigger, i just replaced the left front sway bar link as it was worn out and making clunking sounds over the smallest cracks in the road.... im still very upset however, my first oil change i did, i used 5w20 quakerstate synthetic blend, and a fram filter.. (not knowing about the valve in the filter) well i started the car after the oil change and about 2 minutes of running it began to do what sounded like a lifter tap... never did it to me before, we i call the dealer and he said it sounds like a tappet was starting to leak down and to just run it as is untill its a continuous tap and runs bad... that scares me!!! i recently started doing light duty work for AAA, so i use my car ALOT! i just recently did a new oil change and used the motorcraft filter and i mistakenly bought 5w30 synthetic blend quakerstate instead of 5w20. hoping it wouldnt make a big deal... well all is good... or was (no more tape and engine ran a tad smoother)(im guessing the oil filter) so not thinking much about it, my led tail lights relay started to screw up and i figured i would check under the hood, after dinking around with the relay i figured i would check the oil, it was right at the bottom line of crosshatch, so i started it and checked the oil and i could very faintly hear this tapping again, it would come and go, i reved it and it went away for a little bit. the noise is coming from the front valve cover dead center of it... i know i need to do valve cover gaskets as the rear one leaks a little and its getting on the exhaust.. the front should be easy but the rear has the intake over it.. ive already had that off to do spark plugs.. what should i do about the tap? its not very loud but its noticable when it does it from the outside of the car as you stand infront of it.. could the fram filter have ruined a tappet??? can i replace that myself? also the pulley gasket on the drivers side of the car, top big pulley has alot of grease build up, is that seperate from the valve cover gasket?? please help me someone!!! im stressing really bad, i love this car and its design and cant aford a new car or even a new motor at this point. there is just barely signs of surface rust under it (i live in Vermont) and it would be a shame to let it go. please help! also ive noticed that some times it will just crank and then eventually start up. i havent replaced the canister yet, (no money) but is the difficulty starting the canister or the tappet??? im stumped