Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Really good to hear, Tug.

Stewart

Old 12-09-2016, 06:04 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Rich and Linda,

Glad to hear this report. Best to you both.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 PM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 239 Likes on 162 Posts
Great news the surgery went well Linda. Praying and thinking of both you Tugly and family.
I am not the best at maintaining my relationship with God.
But I do know he listens to our prayers and praise.
Thank-you God for the Outcome in Tugly and Linda's path.
Take care

Old 12-09-2016, 08:58 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Rich and Linda... CONGRATULATIONS! God's grace and mercy are the most wonderful things we can ever experience, and I know you are both grateful, as am I and the rest of our brotherhood! May the recovery continue as well or better than the surgery itself.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Prayers answered! Many blessings to you, Linda and your family!

Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 PM
arcticatdan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich and Linda, That is great news. We are all thinking of you. Have a great Holiday season and hope you can now relax a little.

Dan

Old 12-10-2016, 06:23 AM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Wonderful news in time for the Christmas holiday! I can only imagine the relieve your family is feeling and the joy in knowing Linda is on a much improved path to health! All the best to you!

Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rich and Linda,
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 PM
ScaldedDog
Fleet Mechanic

Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
Wow, I haven't logged in here in months, and just read through this thread. Lots of Wisdom in the 'hood, and I'm thankful to the Author of that Wisdom that things are going well.

Linda, I've not been through *anything* like what you just have, but have been "whittled on" a few times. Sometimes the day (and sometimes days) after can really suck. If that's the case for you, hang in. Do what they tell you, and take what they tell you. You're surrounded by an obviously loving family, and there are lots of folks out here in the ether wishing you well and praying for you, even right now. Most importantly, He's still God, even when we feel like crap. If you don't feel good now, you will again!!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

Mark

Old 12-10-2016, 11:30 PM
JoeF250
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, I'm really late to the pep rally.

My grandmother got the cancer at 87 years old. Had most of her large intestine removed, got crazy on the chemo and knocked a nurse out with a bed pan, became the most "interesting" woman in the world (or at least St. Mary's in Duluth) and eventually went home to her farm to care for her 3 acre garden, mow her 10 acre lawn and enjoy her life the way she wanted. She passed in her own home on her own schedule 12 years later. She was living proof that anything can be done with trust in God and persistence of will.

I'm thrilled to see that the surgery went well and everything is looking up. As I prepare to have my second surgery to piece my ankle back together I'll have your family in my prayers.

I believe in the concept of karma, the power of antioxidant rich foods"like tomatoes", and the healing power of faith. You Mr. And Mrs. Tugly I'm sure will do well with all three. I know the karma has to flow back to you the evidence is written across this community. Somebody else mentioned the super foods already, I'm sure you'll crush it. (I'd even share my pasta sauce recipes if you want. Last I read the antioxidants aren't harmed by the heat of cooking, and a spoon full of tomato sauce has more antioxidants than several whole tomatoes.) And you've asked for our prayers, you've got them.

I hope the road to full recovery is as swift as stinky, who's a passer not a racer.

God bless,
Joe

Old 12-11-2016, 07:27 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
God is good all the time! God is good! I am firm believer that prayer armies are effective in the healing of others. With the power of faith, positive thinking, and a great number of supporters, anything is possible. May Linda continue to grow stronger each day, and your family's love and support carry you through all of this.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:42 PM
johnsps250
Tuned
Great news Rich,
I wish you both the best, and most of all a speedy recovery for Linda!

Old 12-11-2016, 10:02 PM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
That is great to hear Rich. I am sure Linda will bounce back to her same old self quite quickly.

While you cannot physically see it, I am raising a tall glass to Linda's speedy recovery and yall's ability to rest easier throughout this journey. May yall have a wonderful holiday season and new year knowing there is one less thing to worry about.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Lying Larry
Junior User
Wonder full news. We hear stories like this more and more. Possably the day will come that a shot will fix the problem. 70 years ago when I was a kid it seldom ended like this.
Thanks for sharing the good word.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
blckjck
Senior User
I spent a little while wondering how to respond to this thread. We have not talked before and don't know each other from Adam. I am not one that resists asking for help or leaning on people myself. I would rather offer up advice or drive a few hundred miles to spend a week helping someone in need. It's just the way I've always been and I like it that way. Sometimes that is a downfall for me as I let things hurt longer than needed.
I have been spending these past couple weeks absorbing information from this forum since I recently acquired my own 7.3. Of course, that means I've been through the AE classes, oil analysis, and many other threads you have spent your time and devotion on. It's heart warming to see someone like you, after mentioning you have been working extra hours, with no free time, while your truck has issues, and still taking the time to diagnose someone else's issues. Good on you sir.
When I was diagnosed, I got lost in my head for a bit. I maintained a positive, upbeat surface. I kept my self as busy as possible after the emergency surgery, during the recovery, and even up to a year after. I even did my yearly volunteering at the St. Baldrick's event. All the while, few people in my life new what I went through.
You are very wise to discuss it here with people you are friends with. I encourage your wife to do the same. After I finally started discussing it more, I was able to get out of my head and move forward. I hope the positive vibes you get from here and other sources enable you two to do the same.

Best of luck,

Max

Quick Reply: Tugly's asking a favor