Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tugly's asking a favor

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:08 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm a little slow getting here

I'd say, "Welcome to the Club, Linda" but we don't ever want any new members. But we LOVE to have "alumni"

Nothing clears away all the "unimportant stuff" we mistakenly focus on in our lives more than when we are smacked in the face with the reality that our time here on earth is finite- and we aren't the ones who hold the lease.

It's when we start checking the balance of our lives that we realize our true purpose here. Serve God and lead others to Him. Especially our families and those whom we know best.

We know we have to give an account for our lives and answer, "Why didn't you do this, or What prevented you from doing that, or I put this person in your life so you could help them- did you?"

Many say the "Big-C" is a hard and terrible thing. They are right in a way, but it can also be a wakeup call that gives us a clarity of thought, a singularity of purpose, a renewal to love all those in our life.

You both have a chance (and excuse?) to push all those "other" things to the back burner and show what kind of love and faith a truly focused person can have.

It's a time of many prayers and daily walks with Him. Those around you will see your example and how you choose to face the struggles. When facing the "impossible" we realize that we are capable of much more than ever imagined- and we don't walk alone.

I'd encourage you both to draw your family and friends close to you during this time. Help them understand what is core and most important to you when all the "other" things are pulled away. At the end of the day it never matters how much stuff is in your house, it only matters what you take with you and what you leave behind.

Reconnect with old friend and relatives, meet and inspire any you can, reconcile with enemies and scrub the harsh words from the wall. Live like it was your last, accomplish the important things, make sure the hearts and souls of your most important ones are on the right path.

As you walk with renewed purpose, the daily struggles will start to seem less eventful. It will become "something you do," not something that holds fear over you.

"If I had just one more day, I wish I would have ______"

The first days of an adventure like this are often the most unsettling. EVERYTHING is new and why aren't there any answers

But these days will pass and the finish line will draw nearer. Make the most of every day and you might be pleasantly surprised at how rich and full a life can be once we focus on the right things.

Our family will be praying for you and your family.

Dear Lord, please be with Linda and Rich and their family as they embark on this journey. Draw them close to you and cover them in the warmth of your Light. Lead them through their uncertain path they now face so that they may be blessed and a blessing to all they encounter. Renew and rekindle their light so the path is not so dark and so others may join and follow. Please give them comfort and relief as they throw off their burdens and shed their tears, giving all to You. We ask you to bring healing to Linda as she begins her walk, according to Your Will, that all who know her and know her journey may be blessed by her walk. Help us all renew our faith as we join together and pray for their family.

These things we ask and pray in Jesus' Holy and Precious name, Amen.

May the Lord be with you and yours every day, Linda and Rich.

If there is anything you guys need, or just want to talk, you can call any time day or night. We've been down this road...well actually I think we have a permanent campsite somewhere in the middle- stop in for coffee as you pass by

Oh and one more thing....

Linda- you know that you are now entitled to unlimited footrubs, right? Don't let him make any excuses, it's in the handbook

Old 12-05-2016, 10:30 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Linda & Rich, prayers for a complete healing.

I got this call from my mom several years ago. Prayer, early detection and good medicine have worked. She went through chemo and the Dr's were amazed she didn't have the typical reactions but I wasn't.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Here is the thing- and I am not telling you something you don't know, but sometimes people need a reminder- our bodies are self healing organisms. If given the proper conditions, ie. good nutrition, rest, positive mental attitude, we are able to handle a lot more than some would like to give credit for. One thing that has to enter into that as well is prayer. God is looking out for her. He loves her and wants her to be well, and she and all of us, need to ask him for that. I know I have already and will continue to, what about the rest of you?

Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Rich & Linda:

I know the tremendous life changing value of having a wife who supports... really, really supports... a husband! I am also finally learning (I'm much slower than my wife) how that life-transforming support can run in both directions. What I have learned over the past few years is that there is a deep core which allows either of you to offer the type of support to the other we're talking about, and that core is deeper than anyone can imagine, broader than anyone can expect, more indomitable than anyone can anticipate, and it provides probably the single largest gift either of you can give the other!

The fact that you, Linda, have demonstrated this to Rich simply shouts out the depth and integrity of your character, and it has been shining through Rich's participation in this forum ever since he got here! The fact that Rich is deepening his own resolve to give back to you what he has received from you speaks similarly of him as well. Though I do not truly know either of you, I can see that you will continue to be capable of resting in one another, trusting one another, and strengthening one another as individual needs change from moment to moment!

Stand firm in what you have with one another! Dig deep and give abundantly when it's hard! Dig deeper and give even more selflessly when it's harder! I believe that some marriages can survive as a 50:50 proposition, but I KNOW that when it becomes a 100:100 arrangement, the marriage will absolutely thrive and be more deeply satisfying!

We are praying for healing, endurance, and that deeply satisfying level of rest which comes when you know you are supported completely by the one you love the most! Rich, we are praying for your own awareness of Linda's moment-by-moment needs and your ability to dovetail into them perfectly with your love and support and presence. Linda, we are also praying that you will experience the full comfort from the support and presence provided by Rich as you hit difficult times ahead!

The one last thing I must say is that we never really ask for these hard, and sometimes heartbreaking times. I know, though, that it is through them which we can discover both how weak and how strong we are, both alone and together. It is through enduring these times that we grow the most in confidence and wisdom, and it is through these times we get the greatest opportunities to show the glorious magnitude of just how majestically the human spirit can be experienced.

God give you both the grace you will need!!

Old 12-05-2016, 01:43 PM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tug - Just read this -Your wife & family are in our thoughts & prayers. Keep up her spirit & all will turn out for the best, Love & Prayers your way brother, Bill & Deb

Old 12-05-2016, 09:37 PM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
I am encouraged to hear of the good prognosis. I feel very confident in your wife's ability to handle this with you and your family at her side. Sending positive thoughts and prayers her direction!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Philippians 4:6-9 (KJV)
I was diagnosed with a currently incurable ailment over 10 years ago - by the grace of God I'm still kickin'!

Sure, my life has been affected, but not for the worse. Chin up, and trust in Him!

O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Psalms 43:3-5 (KJV)

Old 12-06-2016, 01:49 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Wow. I missed this when you posted it.

Just got back from taking my wife to the doctor today (well, yesterday at the time of this post). A few weeks ago, my wife also was blessed by a very well-timed doctor visit with an attentive and competent doctor (they aren't that easy to find anymore). Today, she had a good chunk of flesh removed after a biopsy came up positive for abnormal cell growth. EARLY DETECTION is the only reason she is not going to be missing much more at a later date (likely). She was super nervous to say the least. After it was done, she doesn't look any different. She certainly isn't acting any different We didn't tell the kids. Don't want to worry them (6 total).

My dad is a cancer survivor. This after he spent almost 40 years fixing radiation therapy machines in cancer treatment centers all over the USA. Irony...

Love conquers all, and you two obviously have plenty of that on hand.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:28 AM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
Linda,
This is a note to say I pray and wish the best for you in this trying endevour. Like all things in life we can expect to be a winner with proper attitude and knowledge. I know you have both in this battle. So move forward with the knowledge that you emerge a victor at the end of this battle.

Oh, and tomatoes are great, wish I could grow them here.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:08 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
All good stuff guys! My wife really enjoys seeing the words of encouragement first thing in the morning. We're driving to Seattle on Thursday for the main event on Friday, and I like the fact that you guys have all contributed to charging up her spirits.

My wife and I are of the 150% each variety. This will sound corny to most of you, but we are of the ilk to meet each other at the door when either of us arrives home from work. For her, she helps me with the travel mugs while I get my backpack out of the vehicle. For me, I have her favorite after-work beverage waiting (spiced hot cocoa). The method we use every time either of us has to wake the other: Have a cup of coffee there and waft the aroma. You guys already know how stubborn I am to support "Stinky" - now amplify that and apply it to how I support the love of my life.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Tugly and Mrs Tugly,

Please pass on good wishes, thoughts and prayers to your wife and family. It's always hard at this point with all the unknowns. My wife had to go through the same crappy C word about 5 years ago. I am glad prognosis is good and hope all goes smoothly. I am on the other side of the states but if there is anything I can donyour you or or wife don't hesitate to ask.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
SteveH-CO
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Rich and Linda,

It sounds like you already do this, but continue to pray for and support each other, and rely on His timing and grace, not yours...

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. - James 5:16

Enjoy a great Christmas, too, and look foward to the New Year and its possibilities!

Old 12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 786 Likes on 575 Posts
Best of Luck to Linda and all your family Rich! Help each other stay pointed to your pole star even if it fades from view sometimes.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
This will sound corny to most of you
Nope, not corny. For you two, that's just an extension of your love for each other, and is showing the respect and honor you have for your marriage.

My wife really enjoys seeing the words of encouragement first thing in the morning.
Tug, I thought for sure I had already posted in this thread, but I'm a bit shocked to see what I thought I wrote, missing!

Lemme just post this pic....

Mrs. Tugly, thank you for sharing your Mr. Tugly with us. He brings a unique perspective to FTE and we are a better forum with him being a part of us, but don't be afraid to monopolize his time. I know he won't mind one bit.

Stewart

PS - Pretty sure that last word should be "Spirit."

Old 12-06-2016, 06:20 PM
MeTo
Tuned
Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the news Tugly and wish your family the very best. There is not much I can add, it's been said. FWIW, I do understand what your family is going through. My first wife died in 1992 of a brain tumor, our kids were 10 and 12. Sarah (current) and I know more than a few friends and family members who had c and beat the beast down. It's happening!

Depending on how your insurance shakes out? Let me/us know if we can pass the hat?

Quick Reply: Tugly's asking a favor