Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tugly's asking a favor

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 12:07 PM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Warm thoughts, prayers, and light, to you and yours. Positivity is key, and it sure seems like there's plenty of that in your household. My wife just completed 6 months of chemo a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. Last Thursday was her final day of radiation. Her positive attitude, determination, and loving support of family and friends made all the difference in getting through it all. She moves forward with optimism. Every day is blessing.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 PM
TerranE
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mom will be 89 next month. She went through it twice. Certainly no fun, but you do get through it. Ten years cancer free. Patience is important. Find a good doctor and trust them. Best wishes.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:05 PM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
I have had many friends and family members go through the journey you are about to embark on, with one particular friend having to do the journey twice. I am sure that your wife will kick cancer in the rear and come out of this better than ever.

Even though I am on the other side of the country, if yall need anything don't hesitate to reach out. Do know that prayers for yall are going up not just from me, but from the rest of my family as well. You have mine and the entire FTE brotherhood's support throughout this journey.

Best wishes to you, Linda, and the rest of the family, and be sure to keep us updated on when the party to celebrate being free of the "Big-C" is taking place.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:19 PM
PD_JIM
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mr. Rich/Tug,

Though I've not had the pleasure of personal interaction with you on the site, I have availed myself of your expertise and I have appreciated your willingness to share.

Thank you for reaching out and giving us an opportunity to provide prayer and support to your wife, you, and your family; I am confident that the vast majority of those who visit this site regularly are appreciative of the chance to "pay back" some of the good that you (with your wife's support) have provided us.

My wife and I will keep you (all of your family) in our prayers, with the utmost confidence that those prayers will be answered. God Bless!

Old 12-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I hope you don't mind but Rich I accidentally left this thread open and one family member saw it (and knowing my mom was a survivor of the big C) they spread the word and now my entire family if keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers!

keep your heads up you will beat the big C!!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:34 PM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In times such as these. This is what I turn to....

Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
JT250
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
I am not as wordy as you or as others on here 😉 but I agree w pirschwagon. I believe that God is our ultimate healer, but I also believe that he has blessed the hands of doctors and given us technology to help us fight the evil that is "C".

I will pray for your wife and your family. My family has been through this with my mother in law and it takes a toll on all involved.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Linda, I went threw this back and 2007. It took three trys for me but i have come threw it for now. I am a believer for sure. I had more prays said from family and friends and more candles lite then one man deserves. But I came out the other side after radiation, chemo and surgery. It is beatable. You have an amazing man and he an amazing women, so I can see nothing but good in your further. My wife and I will send our prays as well. God bless and look for the next great adventure for both of your lifes. Rich, thanks for posting up to your FTE brothers and sisters. I wish you both the best of luck.
Chet

Old 12-04-2016, 09:33 PM
crop harvester
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your Wife & Family will be in Our Prayers,Glad to hear Your heading for the Big City For Medical Care.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
bigreentruck
Tuned
I defer to Pirschwagon's Post #21 and also add Mathew 11:28
"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
God Bless your family. All prayers on your behalf.
Thanks for all you do for us all here.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:09 PM
coax9952
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey, I know this tune! Nov.1 this year, I've been clear of Stage 4/2nb Tonsil cancer for 3 years now. They used a Robot to work my throat over and I'm none the worst for wear, more or less.....I still glow a little at night, and I get undue attention at the airport, going thru the rad detectors...But Life is good. I called it "The tribulation". Prayers to you and yours....

Old 12-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,751 Posts
A coworker of mine discovered she had cancer at 50 something. She had radical surgery, radiation, and chemo. I sat with her in the hospital for hours during her chemo. I cleaned her vomit out of my car. Since I had lost my mother, grandmother, and foster mother to the disease, I assumed it was only a matter of time. Months maybe. Perhaps only weeks.

Boy was I wrong!

Fast forward five years later, and today, that coworker is now 60 something, and is having the time of her life! She has never been happier or more fulfilled. She started her own business doing what she loved, and what she was uniquely gifted at doing, and the business took off like gangbusters. She threw caution to the wind, and invested everything that she had into what she wanted to do. She took the risk, perhaps because she was once at risk of being taken. She lived, and is really living now, and loving it!

The medical profession has learned a lot in the forty years that have passed since my mother was taken. Forty years ago this month, in fact. In each of those 40 years, both technologically enabled breakthroughs, as well as small incremental advances has culminated in survival being the norm, not the exception, especially when detected early and treated rigorously. Those who are chosen to stare it down emerge stronger than ever before inside.

And if nothing else, the trial teaches what is really important in life, in a way that nothing else ever could. Clearly, you are important to Linda's life. Not many wives would put up with three motors strewn about in the garage... nevermind the literal hours amounting to weeks and months and now years of time you have dedicated, not to Stinky, but to helping others out here on FTE. And clearly, Linda is important to your life. Otherwise you would not turn to us to share this poignant turn in your journey together.

Well, we all stand together rooting for the both of you. Rah rah sis boom bah!

Old 12-05-2016, 03:58 AM
Lying Larry
Junior User
I walked down this road about 6 years ago my self. Early detection is key and positive thinking, I think you are on the right track. My heart is with you.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I knew I could count on you guys. I've been around here for a few years, and I've watched this brotherhood come together for situations like this before. I've been through situations where I've lost loved ones, but I was never the sharing type when it comes to personal matters of that nature.

This is different. We're not dealing with a loss - we're dealing with a potential loss, and much of the prognosis relies on attitude. Attitude? I know just where to go to fill this prescription for a positive attitude - my family at FTE.

Anytime we walk in the door after being gone for a while, or just wake up - Linda wants me to log on and she wants to read what you all have to say. Yesterday she was reading up on tomatoes after reading the posts here, and today she starts off on a good note. Thank you all for your contributions.

We caught it with blind luck. She has no symptoms, but she had a chest X-ray done for another matter. The other matter is clear, but the X-ray raised too many eyebrows to let it pass. One drawback (if you can call it that) to catching this so early, is it's not a "digital" problem. The doc can't say "You have stage X and this is where it's located. We went through a lot of anxiety until we could learn precisely where it was, and importantly - where it wasn't. There are some places you really don't want that stuff - and this thread reads like many here are familiar with it reaching those areas.

We are counting our blessings for this potential disaster being so manageable, but I'm diligently doing everything in my power to make sure we have the attitude factor as a powerful ally. Even with the early diagnosis, the advanced treatments, and the positive attitude - we're talking lungs and surgery here. This is the real deal.

You guys are awesome - and I don't mean that in some teenager-take-it-lightly manner. Your support inspires awe.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Hey Rich!

I haven't been as active recently as I was years ago, but I've generally enjoyed the information shared. This was one post that wasn't such a great read initially, but then I thought about it and realized that it's just another "Triumph Post" in the making.

We come to these forums for support; whether that be information on wiring up heated mirrors (my current project), replacing injectors and troubleshooting related issues (you covered that one pretty well), or "My wife isn't at 100% just now".... we are here for that, and there in spirit.

Please keep us updated as you can, and we look forward to when you & Mrs. Tugly are back at 110%, right where you should be.

Quick Reply: Tugly's asking a favor