6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

FORScan and As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 PM
ZooDad
Received 590 Likes on 344 Posts
Shoot. I will be driving the truck for a couple days so hopefully I will load it up. Did I actually just say that ??

I will write tomorrow.

Keith

Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Shoot. I will be driving the truck for a couple days so hopefully I will load it up. Did I actually just say that ??

I will write tomorrow.

Keith
Cool! Thanks Keith. Keep me posted and I will do the same.
Mike

Old 12-18-2016, 09:28 AM
savage250
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found when I changed the NAV to work when driving, the 911 assist also disappeared.

Has anyone tried to enable the fog lights with the high beams yet?

Old 12-18-2016, 09:33 AM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by savage250
I found when I changed the NAV to work when driving, the 911 assist also disappeared.

Has anyone tried to enable the fog lights with the high beams yet?
Savage,
I am actively working on "Bambi" mode. Fogs and High Beams.

Haven't noticed 911 assist. I will check that today.

Keith

Old 12-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Mike,

I'm sitting at 85% and have a shiny new OBDLinkMX sitting under the Christmas tree begging to be unwrapped. It will be tomorrow before I go anywhere though.

I will have to double check the 911 assist with the NAV override but I did lose vehicle health report (not that I or probably anyone following this thread ever use it).

I enabled my own version of Bambi mode via an upfitter and a couple of relays. Works great (as do the HIDs I put in the stock fogs) but getting my switch back would be nice. I plan to look at that as well as a allowing the doors to be locked with the key in the ignition. Currently if I have the truck started and lock it with the door button while the door is open, it auto unlocks. I'd like to be able to lock the truck when I get out without having to use the other key. I have the door keypad so unlocking without a key isn't an issue.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:39 AM
blkout50
Tuned
Originally Posted by Trash Hauler
Mike,

I'm sitting at 85% and have a shiny new OBDLinkMX sitting under the Christmas tree begging to be unwrapped. It will be tomorrow before I go anywhere though.
Thanks Bob,
PM sent. Keep us posted. I feel like we are getting close to turning on OCR.
Mike

Old 12-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Dakster,

Are you getting the same message that I was when it doesn't write? I had the same message with a OBDlinkMX trying to write to the IPC module. I tried a different laptop and both my cheap ELM with MS switch and the expensive adapter would write to the IPC. So in my case, the issue was the laptop and not the adapter. Odd that it would write to the BdyCM but not the IPC.

Bob

Old 12-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Keith,

For your spreadsheet
Dark Car
726-08-01 0200 38 is off
726-08-01 0201 39 is on

I did not discover this, it is already in Forscan BdyCM.
Dark car mode disables the interior and exterior lights from turning on when the door is open. It is typically used on police vehicles.
Bob

Old 12-18-2016, 04:18 PM
ZooDad
Keith,

For your spreadsheet
Dark Car
726-08-01 0200 38 is off
726-08-01 0201 39 is on

I did not discover this, it is already in Forscan BdyCM.
Dark car mode disables the interior and exterior lights from turning on when the door is open. It is typically used on police vehicles.
Bob
Hauler,
Thanks I will update today

Side note, I had no issues writing to IPC today.

Keith

Old 12-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Mike,

I have not gone into a regen yet but sending you a PM with some observations.

Bob

Old 12-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Dakster,

Are you getting the same message that I was when it doesn't write? I had the same message with a OBDlinkMX trying to write to the IPC module. I tried a different laptop and both my cheap ELM with MS switch and the expensive adapter would write to the IPC. So in my case, the issue was the laptop and not the adapter. Odd that it would write to the BdyCM but not the IPC.

Bob
Yes. Exactly....

Interesting as I was just getting ready to get an OBDlinkMX... It's possible both my laptop are screwy... Was the other laptop a Win10 Box as well?

Ohh and I found out the dark car setting was for police vehicles by trial and error...

Old 12-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Dakster,
Neither computer was windoze 10. I am a Linux guy but occasionally I am forced to step to the dark side. The first computer I tried was an old XP SP3 box and the one it worked was a Vista box. Don't know if my issue was operating system (XP) or just the age of the Bluetooth adapter in that computer.

If you have access to a non-windows 10 machine, it may be worth trying before buying a new adapter. If not, you could try running Forscan in compatibility mode. Worth a shot at least. See the link for instructions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ams-compatible

Got a local auto parts store with a USB OBDII reader that you could borrow?

Keith, Mike, are either of you running Windows 10?

Bob

Old 12-19-2016, 12:00 PM
blkout50
Tuned

Bob
Mine is a Windoze 10 machine with an OBDLinkMX adapter. Mine did not have bluetooth built in. Purchased a USB bluetooth from local Best Buy. Maybe a Bluetooth issue(?) as Bob suggested.

Mike

Old 12-19-2016, 12:17 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Mike,

I have not gone into a regen yet but sending you a PM with some observations.

Bob
Just to catch everyone up. With the setting Bob is checking for me, Bob discovered that the 2x4 and 4x4 indicators lights became disabled. 4x4 is working, just not the indicator lights. Keith and I are trying to understand why, since one of the OCR equipped truck that has this setting is also a Fx4 with the Productivity Screen.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-19-2016 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Fix typo.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:08 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 900 Likes on 326 Posts
Dakster,
Neither computer was windoze 10. I am a Linux guy but occasionally I am forced to step to the dark side. The first computer I tried was an old XP SP3 box and the one it worked was a Vista box. Don't know if my issue was operating system (XP) or just the age of the Bluetooth adapter in that computer.

If you have access to a non-windows 10 machine, it may be worth trying before buying a new adapter. If not, you could try running Forscan in compatibility mode. Worth a shot at least. See the link for instructions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ams-compatible

Got a local auto parts store with a USB OBDII reader that you could borrow?

Bob

Bob, with regards to a viable workstation to run Forscan, I'm a MAC guy. I downloaded VirtualBox from Oracle(free), and installed a clean copy of Win10 inside it. there is a Linux version of VB as well. Win 10 .iso can be downloaded from Microsoft, installed for Free and used. You just have to have a purchased license to activate it, but I've been running an unactivated copy for a few months now, and the only thing you cant do is customized the UI on Win10 without activating.

Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data