FORScan and As-Built Data - Page 60 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORScan and As-Built Data

Old 04-14-2018, 10:49 AM
ASF_Leadog
New User
ASF_Leadog is starting off with a positive reputation.
any chance you could look over my as built data, i uploaded it on 4-2-18
B04073 14 F-350 Lariat Fx4 Stock, i did use some of the Forscan data and it works nice got the DEF Filter, temp screens, nav over ride, TPM adj all to work, just wondering thx in advance.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:07 PM
ZooDad
Elder User
ZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ASF_Leadog View Post
any chance you could look over my as built data, i uploaded it on 4-2-18
B04073 14 F-350 Lariat Fx4 Stock, i did use some of the Forscan data and it works nice got the DEF Filter, temp screens, nav over ride, TPM adj all to work, just wondering thx in advance.
Are you having an issue with your changes ?

Old 04-15-2018, 08:32 AM
ASF_Leadog
New User
ASF_Leadog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nope, just looking to see what my as built data is. the spread sheet works great!

Old 04-18-2018, 01:52 PM
bkuuz1
Elder User
bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Two questions for you guys?

1- I"m assuming I can make program changes with a OBD MX?

2. Where can I find the most up to date spreadsheet you guys are using for the tested codes?

As always,
Thanks so much.

Brice

Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM
bkuuz1
Elder User
bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found on Google docs a spreadsheet labeled, FORScan Codes for 2017 Super Duty,

I assuming this is the sheet to use with a 2015?

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:34 PM
Trash Hauler
Senior User
Trash Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Trash Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bkuuz1 View Post
I found on Google docs a spreadsheet labeled, FORScan Codes for 2017 Super Duty,

I assuming this is the sheet to use with a 2015?

Thanks.
The current spreadsheet for 2016 and older is on the first page of this thread, post number 4. Here is the link to the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Yes, the OBDLinkMX is probably the best bluetooth adapter available. You will need FORScan and an extended license for it in order to make changes.. For more info, see post 4.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
fordzilla01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Auto Tow Mode?

Does anyone know if there is a way to make it so that whenever you have something plugged into the Trailer Wire plug that the truck will automatically start in Tow Mode?? I find it strange that If you are towing and you park and turn off the truck, then get back in and start it you need to put it back in tow mode?

Old 04-24-2018, 07:47 PM
jav_eee
Senior User
jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
Does anyone know if there is a way to make it so that whenever you have something plugged into the Trailer Wire plug that the truck will automatically start in Tow Mode?? I find it strange that If you are towing and you park and turn off the truck, then get back in and start it you need to put it back in tow mode?
What year is your truck? My 2015 restarts in t/h with the EB on. Might've been a fluke though as I only paid attention to it because of your post.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:05 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by jav_eee View Post
What year is your truck? My 2015 restarts in t/h with the EB on. Might've been a fluke though as I only paid attention to it because of your post.
2015. And haven't tried with Eb on but find it staring it doesn't sense your connected and just go to tow mode.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:04 AM
jav_eee
Senior User
jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jav_eee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
2015. And haven't tried with Eb on but find it staring it doesn't sense your connected and just go to tow mode.
Oh you want it to go to T/H on its own when plugged in! Well they designed the truck to haul just fine with T/H either on or off. There was an engineer somewhere who said you could pull just fine in OR out of T/H.

I imagine there'd be a group out there complaining if it defaulted to on when a trailer was connected. I don't always use T/H mode because the downshifting can be "aggressive" and sometimes I don't need/want it. Not everyone pulls in t/h mode. They have us a choice, I guess.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:38 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by jav_eee View Post
Oh you want it to go to T/H on its own when plugged in! Well they designed the truck to haul just fine with T/H either on or off. There was an engineer somewhere who said you could pull just fine in OR out of T/H.

I imagine there'd be a group out there complaining if it defaulted to on when a trailer was connected. I don't always use T/H mode because the downshifting can be "aggressive" and sometimes I don't need/want it. Not everyone pulls in t/h mode. They have us a choice, I guess.
Yes I am sure it can tow just fine on its own, but with BIG loads I'm sure your Torque Converter would have something different to say about it over time. It would be nice if there was a setting where you could enable auto-detect TOW or not, had hoped someone might of stumbled across it in the ForScan data...

Old 05-24-2018, 10:11 AM
tke861
New User
tke861 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi All,

I have a 2013 F350 XLT CCLB DRW. From the factory I had the 2-line display. I had the option to purchase a productivity screen from a 2011 with 4x4. When I plugged in the productivity dash I was able to turn off the 4x4 warning in the IPC settings. However, when I do that the compass gauge screen goes away. If I turn the 4x4 warning back on I get the compas gauge back and have the two dashes in the upper right corner. However, in either configuration I cannot enable the DPF% screen. I have tried with the IPC as built and the IPC configuration screens but nothing will work. The difference between regen on and off is in the first line where the 6 turns to a 7. The settings from the spreadsheet are not accepted and are overwritten each time I save and reconnect. Anyone have any ideas?

Regen on, DPF screen on and compass on. (DPF screen is not displayed and the compass does not display a direction):
DPF screen off, Regen off, no compass:

DPF SCreen off, Regen on, no compass:

Additionally, FORscan says I have a compass module but the compass does not actually display a direction. Thoughts on this?

Old 05-24-2018, 09:10 PM
bkuuz1
Elder User
Trash Hauler,

I'm finally starting to get caught up on some post.

Thanks for the link from way back in the beginning.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Scrout1445
New User
Scrout1445 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone have the As built data for a 2011 F250 lariat? I'm trying to add the OCR because my truck needs a regen. I apologize if I overlooked it in the thread.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2018, 08:33 AM
blkout50
Senior User
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Scrout1445 View Post
Does anyone have the As built data for a 2011 F250 lariat? I'm trying to add the OCR because my truck needs a regen. I apologize if I overlooked it in the thread.

Thanks
Enter one of these settings and it should enable OCR on a 2011 or 2012 Super Duty.

720-01-01 xxxx xxxx Fxxx
(Turns on DPF screen (OCR enabled on 2011 and 2012 trucks))

720-01-01 xxxx xxxx 7xxx
​(Turns on DPF screen with compass (OCR enabled on 2011 and 2012 trucks))

hth

Last edited by blkout50; 06-07-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: