6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

FORScan and As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 03:39 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
You can enable with FORScan. You will need to turn on remote start in the BCM. Check the spreadsheet link on the first page of this thread.
Awesome! Thank you!

Old 01-24-2018, 04:13 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
Awesome! Thank you!
Is there no way to program the key without going to dealer?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:52 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
Is there no way to program the key without going to dealer?

Sure, visit a locksmith with the appropriate set up. They can do it for much less than the dealer.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:08 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
If you have remote start turned on and you have two previously programmed, you can program another key. You should also be able to program the fob key for remote start if remote start is turned on in the BCM.

You may have to program the lock/unlock in a separate process.

Also, newer versions of FORScan is suppose to be able to program new keys.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:11 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
If you have remote start turned on and you have two previously programmed, you can program another key. You should also be able to program the fob key for remote start if remote start is turned on in the BCM.

You may have to program the lock/unlock in a separate process.

Also, newer versions of FORScan is suppose to be able to program new keys.
Ya I read that about the two existing admin keys, you can do it yourself. So I should be good. Don't know the process to program buttons tho, apparently it's supposed to automatically program that when you setup your new key?

Old 01-25-2018, 04:49 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
I have never programmed a Ford fob key for the truck, but I did add a few fob keys for the 2016 Fusion and it did program the door/trunk buttons also. If by chance they do not get programmed, you should be able to go into the fob programming.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 AM
viper_crazy
New User
Hi all,

Just have a few questions that I'm a bit hazy on.

I have a 2011 F350 XLT at work and it is serious need of a regen. Problem is, it doesn't get driven that often nor that far and rarely sees highway for long enough.

As I understand, the OCR feature was an option on 2011 XLT's after March? I think this truck was built after that, I'm going to double check.

These are the questions I'm a bit foggy on. Does the spreadsheet to enable DPF% and forced regen apply to 2011? If not, is there a way to initiate a regen? I saw the link and video of Forscan but I had a poke around Forscan last week and don't recall anything like that in the service tab. I'll check again obviously, maybe I missed it.

Thanks all for your time.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:16 AM
defekticon
Senior User
Originally Posted by viper_crazy
Hi all,

Just have a few questions that I'm a bit hazy on.

I have a 2011 F350 XLT at work and it is serious need of a regen. Problem is, it doesn't get driven that often nor that far and rarely sees highway for long enough.

As I understand, the OCR feature was an option on 2011 XLT's after March? I think this truck was built after that, I'm going to double check.

These are the questions I'm a bit foggy on. Does the spreadsheet to enable DPF% and forced regen apply to 2011? If not, is there a way to initiate a regen? I saw the link and video of Forscan but I had a poke around Forscan last week and don't recall anything like that in the service tab. I'll check again obviously, maybe I missed it.

Thanks all for your time.
You can perform a static regen with forscan hooked up to the truck. I was never able to enable the DPF% screen on my 2011 after trying the suggested block values in the spreadsheet. I believe it's been suggested in this thread that 2011's prior to a certain build date are not capable of displaying the DPF% screen. I think march sounds right, but you'll need to read back through this thread. (Mine is 02/11).

Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM
viper_crazy
New User
Originally Posted by defekticon
You can perform a static regen with forscan hooked up to the truck. I was never able to enable the DPF% screen on my 2011 after trying the suggested block values in the spreadsheet. I believe it's been suggested in this thread that 2011's prior to a certain build date are not capable of displaying the DPF% screen. I think march sounds right, but you'll need to read back through this thread. (Mine is 02/11).
That's good to know, thank you. Sounds like I might have missed that service procedure. I guess I'll give the DPF screen a whirl and confirm build date if it works or not.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:39 AM
cangim
Postmaster
That's good to know, thank you. Sounds like I might have missed that service procedure. I guess I'll give the DPF screen a whirl and confirm build date if it works or not.
May go without saying, but I was surprised at how load a static regen is. We kicked one off at 8am a few weeks ago, kinda felt bad about the bothersome sound to the neighbors. No one said anything but...

Old 01-26-2018, 07:56 AM
viper_crazy
New User
Originally Posted by cangim
May go without saying, but I was surprised at how load a static regen is. We kicked one off at 8am a few weeks ago, kinda felt bad about the bothersome sound to the neighbors. No one said anything but...
I appreciate the heads up. Fortunately for me, being a work truck, it's parked in an industrial yard with no residential for a good few miles. But if you think Ford's are loud, you should hear a Western Star regen. It's 10x louder. Haha

Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 AM
viper_crazy
New User
Did some digging. It's a July 2011 build. I was able to enable forced regen in IPC settings, which changed As Built to a 7, "Forced Regen/Compass Enabled" but the DPF% wouldn't stick. However, it must have enabled it anyways, because the dash says "Exhaust Filter 100% Full". I don't have the static regen service procedure. The truck is currently warming up. I assume I'm able to do a regen on the truck without Forscan. If so, how does that initiate?

Old 01-26-2018, 02:54 PM
ZooDad
Received 590 Likes on 344 Posts
Here is a video I made on it.

Keith

Old 01-26-2018, 03:09 PM
viper_crazy
New User
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Here is a video I made on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfKGTpirxVk

Keith
I don't have that procedure in Forscan. It doesn't show up anywhere. I have V.2.3.12, but since I got the Force Regen enabled, I found the factory manuals online on how to initiate it in the IPC.

Interesting to note, enabling the Forced Regen seemed to enable to the DPF% (unless it's a different screen than what I see) but the AsBuilt says the DPF% isn't enabled. Either way, I was able to force regen today using the manual I found and all is well. Thanks all for helping a Superduty newb.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 PM
96_F250_Deezal
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have installed a Ford fog light kit. The kit adds fog lights, but also adds auto head lamps feature and a new headlight switch and sunload sensor is included. The instructions in the kit tell you to use IDS to set the sunload sensor to present and auto headlights enabled.
I have figured out how to enable the auto headlights, but I am not sure which code to modify to change the setting for the sunload sensor using ForScan.

anybody have any input on this?

here are the steps in the instructions;

14. After Installing the kit provided headlamp switch and light sensor, program the vehicle using the
IDS (must use V72 or higher).
1 Start a new session and ID the vehicle.
2 Select - Tool Box, then select the following - Module Programming - Programmable Parameters- Exterior Lighting.
3 Select - Ambient Light Sensor - (BdyCM) =.
▪ Set to ''Present''.
4 Select - Auto Lamp Delay Switch - (IC) =.
▪ Set to ''Enabled''.
5 Select - Auto Lamp Delay Switch - (BdyCM) =.
▪ Set to ''Enabled''.

Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data