FORScan and As-Built Data - Page 52 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORScan and As-Built Data

Old 01-01-2018, 05:52 PM
nico963
Posting Guru
nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ah ok,Thanks guys.I honestly didn't read the thread.I just started and it seems you guys are trying to get the upper level trucks to be able to manually regen if you haven't figured it out already.That would be a great feature to have on them!

Old 01-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nico963 View Post
Ah ok,Thanks guys.I honestly didn't read the thread.I just started and it seems you guys are trying to get the upper level trucks to be able to manually regen if you haven't figured it out already.That would be a great feature to have on them!
Now days, with the latest versions of FORScan installed on a laptop and some type of OBDII to computer interface (USB, WIFI, Bluetooth), you can do a manual regen.

Also, most of your programmers and monitors such as the Edge products, you can do a manual regen.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Postmaster
Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.Lubbockguy1979 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Jammer369 View Post
What Just Strokin said. This gives me the DPF% screen. I would guess that I can execute a manual regen but I have an XLT so I might have had it before I enabled the Forced Regen Request. I just have never known how full my Exhaust filter was and although most of my commute trips to work are about 45 minutes, the regens seem to always start when I am about 5 minutes from the destination. It now says the filter is at 80% full and I have read that it needs to be at least 85% or so before it will let me start the regen manually so I should be able to test it out tomorrow or so.
Mines the same way. Im always getting somewhere when it wants to regen. Which is means im not going to drive another 30mins... i really wanted to wait to delete the truck but its looking like it will happen alot sooner

Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Well I finally was able to find time today to make a few changes with Forscan. I enabled Bambi mode, and now can have my fog lights on with bright headlights (HUGE difference) and I changed my turn signals to blink 5 times instead of just 3 on lane changes.

I attempted to enable Force Regen request, and also the DPF % screen enabled, and it took it upon writing it, but it didn't actually change anything on the truck. Is that something that is not available on 2011 trucks? Thanks
I basically never know what my % is, and when to expect a regen, I merely get the very fast message "cleaning exhaust filter" and then I have no clue when it's done

EDIT: It actually is NOT taking the changes upon writing the code for DPF % no matter how many times I try it, it just reverts back to a 1. I also was able to enable the temperature for ambient temp in the menu.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:17 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
I uploaded my as built files to folder 2011KR350, hopefully I did it right!

Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 PM
BlackKingRanch
New User
BlackKingRanch is starting off with a positive reputation.
upload my data as well! 2017 F-250 King Ranch

Old 01-15-2018, 01:20 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
Well I finally was able to find time today to make a few changes with Forscan. I enabled Bambi mode, and now can have my fog lights on with bright headlights (HUGE difference) and I changed my turn signals to blink 5 times instead of just 3 on lane changes.

I attempted to enable Force Regen request, and also the DPF % screen enabled, and it took it upon writing it, but it didn't actually change anything on the truck. Is that something that is not available on 2011 trucks? Thanks
I basically never know what my % is, and when to expect a regen, I merely get the very fast message "cleaning exhaust filter" and then I have no clue when it's done

EDIT: It actually is NOT taking the changes upon writing the code for DPF % no matter how many times I try it, it just reverts back to a 1. I also was able to enable the temperature for ambient temp in the menu.
Does anyone have any further recomendations on how to get the DPF% to write on my truck? (2011 F350 4x4 King Ranch) I have the compass screen already from factory, and I have tried writing to turn on DPF% both ways, with compass, and without factory compass. It does the whole cycle when I click write, but it reverts back to previous settings, every single time. For whatever reason, my truck does NOT want me to know the %

Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM
GregWork
Junior User
GregWork is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you turn off key and open door to cycle the power?

I've heard of at least one other early 2011 that wouldn't take it.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GregWork View Post
Did you turn off key and open door to cycle the power?

I've heard of at least one other early 2011 that wouldn't take it.
I haven't done the open the door trick, but every other change I have made has worked with all the instructions on this thread.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:14 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
I was able to turn the DPF% on with Torque Pro, using the PID add on list that was posted on that thread on here. Tons of great info there, but I'd STILL love to add the DPF % on my dash menu if possible.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:54 PM
cangim
Postmaster
cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.cangim has a good reputation on FTE.
From what I learned with buddy's truck, if built before May in 2011, no go, after should work. His is a 2011 built in April.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Well that's a bummer! I think mine is March, but I'm not sure.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:39 PM
defekticon
Senior User
defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Curious if anyone has asbuilt data for HVAC/heated seat controls in the MFT display? I recently upgraded my radio and I'm using the iDatalink Maestro unit from ADS - my understanding is that if I update the hvac module to turn on touch screen HVAC I should see these options available in the Kenwood head unit. Pretty neat.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
you can go here and download your AB data for your VIN from Ford.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

You can go here and maybe see what the settings are that have been identified for the module you are wanting to program for your Kenwood.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...AtI/edit#gid=0

Old 01-18-2018, 06:20 PM
defekticon
Senior User
defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.defekticon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Larry,

For the HVAC Tab, are those settings from a specific truck? I'd be interesting in adding to the table if I can confirm that this works. I'd like to see what the HVAC table looks like for a truck that came from the factory with heated seats and touch screen HVAC controls.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: