6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

FORScan and As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Sterling6.7
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cjssr
I was looking at other items to mod and saw a temp,productivity screen and not sure what that is.
Depends on your trim level. The 4” LCD full color productivity screen is in the dash between the tach and speedo. If you enable the option, the outside temp appears in the upper right corner.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:14 PM
cjssr
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I can now do the regeneration with the ok button on the steering wheel. I believe it has to be at 90% to be able to do it though.. i have heard its only available on the 2011-2012 model years but as being new to all of this no sure that if that is factual.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:27 PM
cjssr
Mountain Pass
Thanks for the explanation on the productivity temp option!

Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 AM
ZooDad
Received 586 Likes on 341 Posts
Originally Posted by cjssr
I can now do the regeneration with the ok button on the steering wheel. I believe it has to be at 90% to be able to do it though.. i have heard its only available on the 2011-2012 model years but as being new to all of this no sure that if that is factual.
What year and trim is your truck

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ZooDad
There is a link on the last line of the tire size area ABCD. It is to a tire size converter page. I have seen where people have created sizes to accomplish accuracy. Keep in mind you will most likely set a P160A code. This code is set by a difference in BCM vs PCM that we can't write to yet.
It will take some patience but you can get it perfect.
I have found that on my 16 the speedo needle is slow no matter what I do.

Hope this helps.
Keith
will a P160A code set off the CEL?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:12 AM
cjssr
Mountain Pass
2012 F-250 King Ranch SB CC 6.7L FX 4X4 Production date 04/12

Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 AM
ZooDad
Received 586 Likes on 341 Posts
Originally Posted by cangim
will a P160A code set off the CEL?
​​​​​​No, it's a soft code.
you can clear it, but it comes back.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ZooDad
​​​​​​No, it's a soft code.
you can clear it, but it comes back.
works for me, I have all the items I need to update stuff, will set gear ratio and tire size with programmer back to no change and update with forscan afterwards.

Now if we could just permanently disable traction control/stability control...

Old 12-02-2017, 12:49 PM
cangim
Postmaster
I did all the edits successful with exception of tire size. Kept popping up a trac control error, and one of them set a CEL for tire/axle ratio error. So I left it at 3.31 and 0A46, which is spot on for me, but doesn't cover 37s...

Old 12-05-2017, 11:53 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got my OBDLink MX on the way, and I've got a question about using Forscan. Can I just use my Android phone, instead of a laptop or a tablet to make changes? Thanks

Old 12-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
I've got my OBDLink MX on the way, and I've got a question about using Forscan. Can I just use my Android phone, instead of a laptop or a tablet to make changes? Thanks
No. The phone version is about the same as torque. It cannot write or control anything

Old 12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
jav_eee
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
You need a laptop or the Microsoft surface.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:00 AM
flyboy369
New User
Hey guys,

Just bought my first truck the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is a '15 F-250 6.7L CC SB 4x4 XLT. Love the truck and am planning on doing some of the Forscan mods as soon as I get back in town later this week. I have an OBD bluetooth adapter that should be waiting for me when I get back. I have uploaded my As Built file (both PDF and .ab) as well as my window sticker. I have read through this whole thread and saw that the Ford window sticker site wasn't expected to come back online. I was able to get to it the first week of Dec and get mine. I just checked and it now says "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle". I must have been lucky. I do have the LCD productivity screen, trailer brake controller, HDC from the factory. An interesting note, I wanted to add the in-bed 7 pin connector for a 5th wheel so I purchased the factory kit from a dealer since I read that all US SD since 2012 are supposed to have the pigtails for the factory kit to plug into. After searching everywhere under the truck where they are supposed to be and then taking it to the local dealer, I found I have what the Parts manager calls a "mis-build". I have the taillight harness that is meant to be installed on trucks intended to be sold in Mexico and that harness does not have the 5th Wheel pigtails or the rear camera connectors.

I have created an account on ETIC but I am not sure what file I am supposed to get so I can upload it here.

As others have stated on here, thanks to those who have contributed a ton of time to get this stuff figured out. Looking forward to making some mods.

Troy

Old 12-26-2017, 01:39 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboy369
Hey guys,

Just bought my first truck the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is a '15 F-250 6.7L CC SB 4x4 XLT. An interesting note, I wanted to add the in-bed 7 pin connector for a 5th wheel so I purchased the factory kit from a dealer since I read that all US SD since 2012 are supposed to have the pigtails for the factory kit to plug into. After searching everywhere under the truck where they are supposed to be and then taking it to the local dealer, I found I have what the Parts manager calls a "mis-build". I have the taillight harness that is meant to be installed on trucks intended to be sold in Mexico and that harness does not have the 5th Wheel pigtails or the rear camera connectors.

Troy
Look on the left rear side of your truck. Next to where the receiver hitch mounts to the frame. If your truck has the harness, there will be a wiring harness with 2 plugs and caps to plug your in bed 7 pin plug. Hopefully you have the harness.

I would think if you had the 7 pin at the bumper you would also have the harness to add the one in the bed also. Without research, not sure what it would take to add it.

HTH

Old 12-26-2017, 06:21 PM
flyboy369
New User
Originally Posted by blkout50
Look on the left rear side of your truck. Next to where the receiver hitch mounts to the frame. If your truck has the harness, there will be a wiring harness with 2 plugs and caps to plug your in bed 7 pin plug. Hopefully you have the harness.

I would think if you had the 7 pin at the bumper you would also have the harness to add the one in the bed also. Without research, not sure what it would take to add it.

HTH

I thought I was going crazy when I was looking under the bed for those connectors. I found quite a few pictures on the net showing exactly what they look like and where they should be. At first I thought that whoever installed the Curt Gooseneck hitch maybe moved them. That's when I went back to the Ford parts site. When I just select a generic 2015 F250 6.7L and enter the 5th Wheel in Bed connector (BC3Z-13A576-A), it comes up listed as an available part. When I enter my VIN and then search for BC3Z-13A576-A, it comes up blank. It's weird. Here is a screen shot from the ford parts site with my VIN selected and I searched for the Tail light harness (PN# 14405) that the 5th wheel harness plugs into. There are a ton of versions of that 14405 harness that are listed when you just select a generic F-250 but only the one in the screen shot when I put my VIN into the site. That one states it is "less 5th Wheel, less Camera" and it states it is for the trucks sold in Mexico.

It would have been nice but I went ahead and ordered the T aftermarket Harness that plugs into the 7 Pin connector from the bumper and runs up to the in-bed connector.

Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data