FORScan and As-Built Data - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORScan and As-Built Data

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 12-04-2016, 10:38 AM
ZooDad's Avatar
ZooDad ZooDad is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 737
ZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout50 View Post
Here is some settings for Daytime Running Lights (DRL). The second set of 4 characters vary among some trucks as well as the check sum characters, but all that is needed is to change second digit in the first group to get the results desired.

BCM "AsBuilt" module:
726-11-01 x0xx xxxx xx DRL disable
726-11-01 x1xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Low Beams
726-11-01 x2xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Fog Lights
726-11-01 x3xx xxxx xx DRL enable, Turn Signals

Mike

disclaimer:
Make changes at your own risk. Always make a back up of your "As Built" data just in case you need to revert to factory settings.
.
.
Mike,
I had enabled my DRL through IDS, so it was 50% low beam. Tried the new values worked for both turn and fog. Thanks. Now running turns.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 AM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
Mike,
I had enabled my DRL through IDS, so it was 50% low beam. Tried the new values worked for both turn and fog. Thanks. Now running turns.
Thanks and you're welcome! I'm running turns also.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:39 PM
ZooDad's Avatar
ZooDad ZooDad is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 737
ZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to behold
Sheet updated with info provided by BlkOut50.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2016, 06:29 AM
PSM 6.4 PSM 6.4 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
PSM 6.4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad to see a spreadsheet for 2016 and below, keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 PM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
NAV override allows data entry in MyFordTouch while moving. All that is required is to change the second digit from a 5 to a 7.

AMPI "AsBuilt" Module:
7D0-02-01 x5xx xxxx xxxx Factory setting
7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxxx NAV Override

EDIT: 12/08/2016; NOTE: When NAV Override is set, you will remove Travel Link from your NAV. To bring Travel Link Back, return your NAV to factory settings. Thanks to TRASH HAULER for notice this problem and bringing it to our attention.

disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Distracted driving is dangerous, even deadly!!

Make changes at your own risk. Always make a back up of your "As Built" data just in case you need to revert to factory settings.

Last edited by blkout50; 12-08-2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Edit: Add "AsBuilt to AMPI Module. Added note.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-06-2016, 10:29 PM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
... Wish we could figure out a way to add a manual regen button to a higher than XLT trim or at least the "regen now" option on the display like some earlier model year super duties get with that extra DPF gauge turned on.
Hey everyone,
I would like to start working on "Operator Commanded Regeneration" (OCR), AKA manual regen, but I need a little help. Does anyone have a VIN or "AsBulit" file of a truck that has the OCR turned on from the factory? With the VIN I can get the "As Built" file and start comparing. There were also a couple of Lariat trucks that the OCR worked. It would help to have the VIN and/or the IPC "AsBuilt" (*.abt from FORScan) file from those trucks also.

I can't guarantee that I will find the settings, but I would really like to give it a shot!

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Just Strokin Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 3,243
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout50 View Post
Hey everyone,
I would like to start working on "Operator Commanded Regeneration" (OCR), AKA manual regen, but I need a little help. Does anyone have a VIN or "AsBulit" file of a truck that has the OCR turned on from the factory? With the VIN I can get the "As Built" file and start comparing. There were also a couple of Lariat trucks that the OCR worked. It would help to have the VIN and/or the IPC "AsBuilt" (*.abt from FORScan) file from those trucks also.

I can't guarantee that I will find the settings, but I would really like to give it a shot!

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Mike, It seems the OCR on the Lariats that work are from the 2011 and 2012 model years. There did seem to be one person who has a 2015 that would OCR but unfortunately do not remember who it was. Maybe you can sen a PM to some of the guys on the Forced Regen thread who has it working and get the AB data.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-07-2016, 09:52 AM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Mike, It seems the OCR on the Lariats that work are from the 2011 and 2012 model years. There did seem to be one person who has a 2015 that would OCR but unfortunately do not remember who it was. Maybe you can sen a PM to some of the guys on the Forced Regen thread who has it working and get the AB data.
Thanks, I kinda remember that thread. I will have to revisit it.

After I posted for some help last night, I thought that I should just Google a truck with OCR (duh!). So I found a few trucks with OCR installed from the factory. They are F550 XLT's with the ambulance package. OCR is included in the ambulance package. Next I d/l the "As Built" file and did a comparison against 2 different XLT's, a Lariat and a Platinum. I didn't get too far last night, but it looks promising. I will post the *.ab file tonight to ZooDad's link for others that would like to help solve this mystery.

I started by eliminating settings that are the same across all platforms. Then eliminated all the same setting across other XLT's. Next I eliminated all setting that are VIN related. Of those left, I saw a few that I want to look closer at. I will go back and include the Lariat and the Platinum, and compare with the remaining settings and see what is left standing. So that is where is I am currently.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Dakster's Avatar
Dakster Dakster is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,478
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
blkout50 - You will be an FTE legend if you get OCR on a truck that didn't come with it...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Just Strokin Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 3,243
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout50 View Post
Thanks, I kinda remember that thread. I will have to revisit it.

After I posted for some help last night, I thought that I should just Google a truck with OCR (duh!). So I found a few trucks with OCR installed from the factory. They are F550 XLT's with the ambulance package. OCR is included in the ambulance package. Next I d/l the "As Built" file and did a comparison against 2 different XLT's, a Lariat and a Platinum. I didn't get too far last night, but it looks promising. I will post the *.ab file tonight to ZooDad's link for others that would like to help solve this mystery.

I started by eliminating settings that are the same across all platforms. Then eliminated all the same setting across other XLT's. Next I eliminated all setting that are VIN related. Of those left, I saw a few that I want to look closer at. I will go back and include the Lariat and the Platinum, and compare with the remaining settings and see what is left standing. So that is where is I am currently.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike

On the F350/450, OCR is not part of ambulance package. Looking that the 2016 chassis cab order guide, it is option 98R for OCR. Ambulance package did not show it included.

I was able to google and find a 2016 F350 XLT pickup on a dealer lot with OCR listed on the window sticker. I could not ID the OCR in the ETIS build list. The truck is located in West Bend IN, VIN is 2016 F350 XLT 1FTRF3BTXGEB22537. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:07 PM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
blkout50 - You will be an FTE legend if you get OCR on a truck that didn't come with it...
I can only dream :starry eyed:

Seriously, I am standing on the tip of an iceberg. What I am hoping is by process of elimination, I can melt away some of the ice and work on what is left. I will be posting things I find or am struggling with the hope of others jumping in and helping out. Collectively, I think we can figure out how to turn on the OCR.

Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-07-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
blkout50 blkout50 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290
blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.blkout50 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Mike

On the F350/450, OCR is not part of ambulance package. Looking that the 2016 chassis cab order guide, it is option 98R for OCR. Ambulance package did not show it included.

I was able to google and find a 2016 F350 XLT pickup on a dealer lot with OCR listed on the window sticker. I could not ID the OCR in the ETIS build list. The truck is located in West Bend IN, VIN is 2016 F350 XLT 1FTRF3BTXGEB22537. Hope this helps.
THANK YOU!! It is a HUGE help. I will d/l the ab file tonight when I get home and add this truck for comparison. I will also compare it against the F550 XLT and see what settings they share.

Thanks again,
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-08-2016, 12:29 AM
ZooDad's Avatar
ZooDad ZooDad is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 737
ZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to beholdZooDad is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout50 View Post
I can only dream :starry eyed:

Seriously, I am standing on the tip of an iceberg. What I am hoping is by process of elimination, I can melt away some of the ice and work on what is left. I will be posting things I find or am struggling with the hope of others jumping in and helping out. Collectively, I think we can figure out how to turn on the OCR.

Mike
Mike great news. I will check the files in the morning.
Let me know if you need me to do done comparisons also.
Thanks
Keith
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-08-2016, 03:00 AM
Dakster's Avatar
Dakster Dakster is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,478
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
Not to hijack or derail the thread, but I need help in saving my ABD stuff. I can make and save data from some modules, but not all. I get a service procedure interupted error. If it always failed it would be one thing, but it doesn't fail fro everything. I can change DRL settings and save them as an example. Any thoughts?

Also, what modules do you want ABD data for? Is there a way to save all of them at once?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Just Strokin Just Strokin is offline
Postmaster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 3,243
Just Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to beholdJust Strokin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Not to hijack or derail the thread, but I need help in saving my ABD stuff. I can make and save data from some modules, but not all. I get a service procedure interupted error. If it always failed it would be one thing, but it doesn't fail fro everything. I can change DRL settings and save them as an example. Any thoughts?

Also, what modules do you want ABD data for? Is there a way to save all of them at once?
Do you really need to save the currently loaded AB data if you have NOT made any changes beside the DRL's? I think it is not a critical issue and does NOT require "saving" unless you have modified many parameters.

You can make you a "modified" AB info message with notepad to list any changes made and the values so you could update the modules should a problem arise.

Just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015-2018 8" F150 Instrument Clusters Livnitup Ford Truck Parts for Sale 0 11-18-2017 01:49 PM
ENABLE Hill Decent Control in 4x4 via FORScan blkout50 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 15 08-30-2017 11:58 PM
FORScan for 2016 and Older ZooDad 1999 to 2016 Super Duty 7 03-05-2017 12:46 PM
Programming as-built data with ForScan? noober0x 1999 to 2016 Super Duty 7 12-26-2016 08:09 PM
Added Factory Remote Keyless Entry to 2008 XL TexasRebel 1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1 10-16-2016 03:09 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: