Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas in a 2016 6.7L Powerstroke

Old 11-25-2017, 07:15 AM
Postmaster
99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation
Well, let me ask my question a different way then. When I go to a station to fuel, I swipe card to activate pump. Then, when I lift the appropriate hose (gas or diesel); the corresponding price window falshes the prices, and the opposite price window goes blank. I.E., if I lift the “GAS” hose, the price in the “DIESEL” window goes blank, and if I lift the “DIESEL” hose, the price in the “GAS” windows go blank. This tells me that the corresponding “GAS” button has to be pushed in order for gas to come out of the “GAS” hose. In other words, somebody had their head in a dark place, regardless of what color the hose/nozzle is.
And yes, the delivery driver can also put the product in the wrong tank.......when his head is in the same said dark place.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:24 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by bigdo1 View Post
I'm still sure I pressed the 'diesel' button after I ran my credit card - I guess I didn't.
Just to quote the OP, they admit that they pressed the wrong button. Clearly they were not 100% laser focused on filling their tank. That's kind of how DEF ends up in the fuel tank along with gas. I thought we had a thread where PM22 was added to the DEF tank once. This doesn't occur because people are stupid, it happens by accident and accidents do happen. Because of threads like this, I am more focused while filling, especially when filling at stations while traveling. I check and re-check before lifting the "go" handle. Never have my cell phone in hand either. Same with filling the DEF tank. Wife is in the house and cell is in the truck. Only fill the DEF tank in quiet moments, at home, in the garage.

Bruce...

Old 01-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
I thought about this thread yesterday when I fueled up. I haven't fueled up at a BP in years so I was paying close attention while looking for the pump handles driving around the parking lot. Raleigh, NC.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I recently went to my Gun Club to do my Weekly Target Shooting. As I was Loading my Gear into my F250 another Club Member Parked next to me with a 2006 F350 6.0 PSD. So he asks me how I like my 6.7, and I tell him it's the best Truck I have ever Driven. He says well I would consider buying one, but I don't want to have to add that Cowpi$$ to the Fuel Tank everytime that I fill up.
I just chuckled and Left

Old 01-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Tsfl89
New User
Tsfl89 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any Prevention?

So I’m in the market for a 6.7 and think I’ve found one. I’ve searched the internet with no luck. Does anyone make a fuel filler neck with the prevention device in it to ensure you can’t place the gas (or def) nozzle into the diesel fuel filler? BMW and VW have this feature from the factory. Why the heck wouldn’t someone design it for HD trucks? More of those are sold than these small TDI cars!! If there’s a company out there, can someone steer me there? Number 1 priority for me, as I’m scared to death of doing this.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tsfl89 View Post
BMW and VW have this feature from the factory. Why the heck wouldn’t someone design it for HD trucks? More of those are sold than these small TDI cars!!
By and large, the HD truck market has a higher percentage of people with more common sense than the small TDI car segment. Pay attention when you fuel up and it will never happen. Your best safety is between the ears.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:16 AM
Tsfl89
New User
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
By and large, the HD truck market has a higher percentage of people with more common sense than the small TDI car segment. Pay attention when you fuel up and it will never happen. Your best safety is between the ears.
completely agree with the above statement. HOWEVER, it still happens more than any of us would like to admit. And it can happen to anyone. I’d just like something to prevent it so there’s no chance of it ever happening. Seems to be a cheap, easy fix. Simple insurance.

Is is there no aftermarket solution for this for superdutys?

Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
It is a non issue in my eyes. Two different color caps and sizes.

I never put def in when I fill up with fuel.

And at truck stops it is even more of a non issue as the nozzle is too big for the def filler neck.

When you stop, open the fuel door and then get the fuel filler open first before anything else. That is what is on your mind when you pull up. Then do the pump stuff and recheck as you go towards your truck.

or I guess you could be a GM and have to lift the hood to find the def tank.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Tsfl89
New User
Not worried about the DEF either....more worried about the gas. Not to mention if my wife has to fill it up!

Old 01-06-2019, 08:25 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
My picture also shows "gas station TV". Is this something the world really needed? I was able to drive for 40 years without it and find it kind of irritating.

Bruce...
its forced advertising
drives me nuts

Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Not worried about the DEF either....more worried about the gas. Not to mention if my wife has to fill it up!
My better half has instuctions to only fill up at a certain station with truck pumps. But...she has her own truck, a F150 to drive so mine gets driven only by me with the rare exception.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
One of the reasons I purchased a locking fuel cap is to help prevent mistakes cause by lack of attention or a habit. When fueling I have to knowingly unlock the fuel cap to fuel the truck. I do NOT fill the DEF when at a fuel pump. I replace the fuel cap making sure it is locked and won't unscrew. I think pull away from the pump prior to adding DEF. I make sure only one cap is removed at a time, fuel or DEF, never both.

The Stant locking green fuel cap is pn 10510D. Can be bought off eBay for less than $15.00

Old 01-06-2019, 10:34 AM
tsedgar
Senior User
tsedgar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
One of the reasons I purchased a locking fuel cap is to help prevent mistakes cause by lack of attention or a habit. When fueling I have to knowingly unlock the fuel cap to fuel the truck. I do NOT fill the DEF when at a fuel pump. I replace the fuel cap making sure it is locked and won't unscrew. I think pull away from the pump prior to adding DEF. I make sure only one cap is removed at a time, fuel or DEF, never both.

The Stant locking green fuel cap is pn 10510D. Can be bought off eBay for less than $15.00
I did this for the same reason too.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:30 AM
maxum96
Senior User
maxum96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So I’m in the market for a 6.7 and think I’ve found one. I’ve searched the internet with no luck. Does anyone make a fuel filler neck with the prevention device in it to ensure you can’t place the gas (or def) nozzle into the diesel fuel filler?
I'm not aware of anything on the market. Diesel fuel nozzles are larger than the gasoline nozzles. So any kind of restrictor you'd try to install would only keep the diesel nozzle from fitting.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:56 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
In my opinion, there is no legitimate reason why someone would fill a diesel truck with gasoline. Sorry, but if you're that *dumb* than you shouldn't be driving. The bright green fuel cap says "DIESEL" on it, and someone still chooses to fill it with gasoline?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas in a 2016 6.7L Powerstroke

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: