2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Best Snow Brush?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Snow Brush?

So anyone here blessed to live in a snow ridden region?

New F350 is tall and I'm short. The brush I had for the F150 didn't cut it today. Went to Walmart, not a single snow brush left in the store.

Anyone here have a favorite that won't scratch up the paint and has a decent scraper on the other end?

They had a nice one with both the brush and foam thing at Walmart when I was in there Wednesday night but since this snow storm started up yesterday every frantic person went in there and cleaned them out

Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blk04Snake
So anyone here blessed to live in a snow ridden region?

New F350 is tall and I'm short. The brush I had for the F150 didn't cut it today. Went to Walmart, not a single snow brush left in the store.

Anyone here have a favorite that won't scratch up the paint and has a decent scraper on the other end?

They had a nice one with both the brush and foam thing at Walmart when I was in there Wednesday night but since this snow storm started up yesterday every frantic person went in there and cleaned them out
Well we have about 8" snow total this morning. I always use a 24" push broom. I like the split nylon bristles which are very fine and dedicated only to snow removal from the vehicle. Keep one by my wifes car (18"), an 18" in the back of the truck and a 24" by the shop where I park. It is important to keep them outside and cold so the snow does not stick to them. I also make sure they are wood handled. I like the wood brooms but they are getting harder to find. Plastic is ok. I also keep a 12 inch regular brush/ice scraper with a tilt head and extendable handle under the back seat. The push broom is the best though to clean the roof, hood and tonneau in short order. I store the shop broom in a traffic cone by the door. I started this regimen over 40 years ago while driving truck over the road. I would get back to the terminal after a couple weeks gone and my pickup would be buried at times. I also keep an aluminum long handled scoop shovel in the back to dig out if necessary, although 4wd makes that not so important except for assisting others who are in need of help. Wonderful winter. I still love it!

Added: 5-10 more inches on the way with winds 30-45mph possible throughout the day. A few short miles from here south has 20" already and more coming too. Roads closed in many areas, especially out where JD Buck Savage lives who just brought his new truck home.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:53 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Costco has a good option. The handle ends use to detach with I loved as it was a bit less um huge but it works well.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:08 PM
sail2xs
Freshman User
I don't own an ice scraper or snow pusher. If it requires scraping, I let the truck warm up enough to melt the ice. This worked fine with my 7.3; no experience yet with my 6.7

We don't get much snow in Maryland, but if I'm home and need to clear the truck I use my backpack leaf blower. Might sound crazy but it works great.

The rare occasions where we have had 12"+ of snow, nylon bristle push broom for bulk removal followed up with the leaf blower gives the fastest and cleanest result.

If ice is forecast or mixed in, I put grocery shopping bags over the wipers and mirrors so they stay clear. Contractor trash bag cut lengthwise and held in place by the doors takes care of the windshield and makes clearing it quicker.

I keep a pair of Grunden sleeves in the truck for when I'm away from home Brigg 25 Sleeves Slip those over my jacket and just use my arm.

Best,

Chris

Old 11-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Onebadamx
Freshman User
sno rake Sno-Rake

Old 11-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
How easy is it to attach and detach the rack and ice scraper?

Old 11-21-2016, 03:09 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm Canadian, (Alberta) we get a ton of snow here and this is what I use by Garant, they sell them here at Canadian tire but I'm sure you'll find them in the USA, it extends and the head swivels, it's all click lock not the ****ty turn tighten, and snow doesn't get stuck in it like a brush, works good for the bed cover and roof too, here are some pics

Old 11-21-2016, 05:59 PM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ssoundwave
I'm Canadian, (Alberta) we get a ton of snow here and this is what I use by Garant, they sell them here at Canadian tire but I'm sure you'll find them in the USA, it extends and the head swivels, it's all click lock not the ****ty turn tighten, and snow doesn't get stuck in it like a brush, works good for the bed cover and roof too, here are some pics
Looks interesting.

I see places that sell their shovels but not the snow brushes, not even on Amazon. There are similar items out there though.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:04 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a great brush a couple years ago. Don't recall the brand. I believe I picked it up at Walmart. Never seen anything quite like it before or since. Wish I had bought two.

The main stock or handle or whatever you call it is slightly curved and extends to an overall length of over 3 feet. The brush can be rotated so you can use it as a regular snow brush or a rake. And the ice scraper isn't completely solid so it conforms to the sweep of the windshield. Every season I have to make sure I get my snowbrush into the truck before my wife or daughter snag it.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Can you take the head off that grant brush easily? Problem is my wide brush is easy to hit and snaps off often as result.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
kansas gary
Senior User
I use my corded leaf blower when I am at home to clean the truck off sitting in the driveway. Does anyone know if I could plug it in the truck to blow the snow off if I am not at home to use the blower?

Old 11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kansas gary
I use my corded leaf blower when I am at home to clean the truck off sitting in the driveway. Does anyone know if I could plug it in the truck to blow the snow off if I am not at home to use the blower?
check the watts on the blower, if it's less then 400 then your good to go! Or just plug it in and test it, the the truck has a safety power out if you go over 400 that turns back automatically in a few seconds

Old 11-22-2016, 05:44 AM
Fmc4lfe
Senior User
I use what's called a snow brum dealers use them for no scratch head is foam works great have one in all my trucks and kids cars also

Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thomabb
I got a great brush a couple years ago. Don't recall the brand. I believe I picked it up at Walmart. Never seen anything quite like it before or since. Wish I had bought two.

The main stock or handle or whatever you call it is slightly curved and extends to an overall length of over 3 feet. The brush can be rotated so you can use it as a regular snow brush or a rake. And the ice scraper isn't completely solid so it conforms to the sweep of the windshield. Every season I have to make sure I get my snowbrush into the truck before my wife or daughter snag it.

Was it this one? Subzero/Mallory, "Super-duty" Crossover Series. Model 14035 - extends to 35", and #14039 extend to 50"
I bought it because it was extendable, and (for some reason) I liked the name. The curved handle makes it a great snow brush for long reach to the top of the windshield or the roof.

Walmart carries them for ~$12, but they usually sell out the first time it snows.

Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2016, 08:10 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Onebadamx
sno rake Sno-Rake
QUOTE=Fmc4lfe;16739040]I use what's called a snow brum dealers use them for http://autoadsales.com/snowrake.aspxno scratch head is foam works great have one in all my trucks and kids cars also[/QUOTE]

Don't know the brand but I have been using something similar for over 10 years.
New Jersey is a must clear state, and this broom works great for clearing the truck and roll top cover. No scratches.

Quick Reply: Best Snow Brush?