2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

It's not green gem but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:02 AM
PA.GRIZZLY
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's not green gem but...

it's green. Saw this yesterday at Sands Ford in Red Hill, Pa. Thought I would take a pic and share with you guys. I'm not sure where it was painted but the sticker says special paint so someone pulled it off. It is basic green color as you can see in the pic. Looks like it cost $643.00

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f5b75jbgq...XTlSwRgHR5uY1a

Old 11-13-2016, 11:09 AM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting, im not a fan of green but it's interesting to see one in a new color

Old 11-13-2016, 11:13 AM
DeputyDiesel
Tuned
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I have a buddy who works for Granite Const. They have a special green that ford paints for them that looks identical.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Jace2016
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford will paint the truck any color you want through Fleet ordering but I think the minimal truck order is 5 units to make a color change from what Ford offers. I explored this option when ordering, I wanted an Oxford white Platinum truck which isn't available unless you order it with a Fleet # and order 5 or the dealer puts your order in with another which I wasn't willing to wait for someone to step up to order 4 more at the same time. So.....I got the Platinum white which I like.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:05 PM
dh1200
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda like the guard metallic, that they offer on the f150. I thought for sure the SD would have had this color too, but no.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:21 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Looks like a fish and game, DNR, or VT State Police color.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:23 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by troverman
Looks like a fish and game, DNR, or VT State Police color.
It is probably a fleet order. There is a different color pallet to accommodate municipalities and corporate color schemes which is not available to the general public.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:37 PM
BostonScorpion
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/..._April_013.pdf

Here are Fleet colors. I'd do a special order Platinum Group buy...if they'd let us

Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Ram offers a bunch of non-standard colors as a $400 +/- option. Anyone can order them. And you can buy just 1, not 5. A local dealer actually stocks a couple of the special order colors. Including green, which seems to be popular with HD trucks.

Not suggesting that you buy a Ram, just wondering why Ford does not do the same. Obviously, Ford has the paint available.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by jschira
Ram offers a bunch of non-standard colors as a $400 +/- option. Anyone can order them. And you can buy just 1, not 5. A local dealer actually stocks a couple of the special order colors. Including green, which seems to be popular with HD trucks.

Not suggesting that you buy a Ram, just wondering why Ford does not do the same. Obviously, Ford has the paint available.
Fiat needs all the help they can give to sell trucks. Every try the painful build process on the Fiat site? I barely made it through when considering an alternative to Fords 209 day refusal to build my truck. I may someday bury the hatchet with Ford's project managers but I am not man enough to forget where it is buried.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:23 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Fiat needs all the help they can give to sell trucks.
I do not think that is a fair statement as 2015-16 Ram sales are way over any prior year Ram sales and Fiat is running its truck plants flat out. So Ram is doing just fine, I would guess.

Now if you do order a special color, I doubt that Ram stops the line and makes it for you right then and there. Ram probably waits until it has several on order then runs the whole lot through at one time.

So, a special order color might be available, but I suspect that there might be a longish wait for that robin egg blue truck.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:30 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's simple order 5 and return 4 for full refund. Costco rules apply.

Reason for returning, didn't like the color.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:49 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by jschira
I do not think that is a fair statement as 2015-16 Ram sales are way over any prior year Ram sales and Fiat is running its truck plants flat out.
I agree. There's simply no denying the RAM trucks are great looking inside and out, and their ever-improving sales are testament to that.

That said, Fiat and Cummins are currently suing each other, and just a couple of days ago a class-action suit was filed against both FCA and Cummins related to intentional diesel emissions cheating. FCA as a whole is bleeding - the Dodge and Chrysler brands are nearly out of existence and it would not surprise if either Cummins decided to move on from FCA or vice-versa. FCA probably figures they can develop their own diesel or leverage VM Motori to do so. They already have the EcoDiesel. Profits would be much higher if they weren't paying the Cummins royalties. Unfortunately for them, I think they understand the "C" on the fender is probably the only reason many folks even consider a RAM HD...

Old 11-16-2016, 02:46 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
There will always be a place for a low-cost 3/4 ton diesel. Rams are significantly less to buy than their Ford or GM competitors. While Ram has certainly improved, they aren't yet anywhere near Ford or GM in NVH and fit and finish.

The Cummins powerplant, while reliable, is noisy and just not nearly as smooth as the Duramax or Powerstroke.

This is why Rams, along with their somewhat uneven reputation, don't command the resale $$$$ on the used market.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:48 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Originally Posted by troverman
I agree. There's simply no denying the RAM trucks are great looking inside and out, and their ever-improving sales are testament to that.

That said, Fiat and Cummins are currently suing each other, and just a couple of days ago a class-action suit was filed against both FCA and Cummins related to intentional diesel emissions cheating. FCA as a whole is bleeding - the Dodge and Chrysler brands are nearly out of existence and it would not surprise if either Cummins decided to move on from FCA or vice-versa. FCA probably figures they can develop their own diesel or leverage VM Motori to do so. They already have the EcoDiesel. Profits would be much higher if they weren't paying the Cummins royalties. Unfortunately for them, I think they understand the "C" on the fender is probably the only reason many folks even consider a RAM HD...
Absolutely.

Quick Reply: It's not green gem but...