Swamping a 302 HO to a 92 F150.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:19 PM
frankosd
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swamping a 302 HO to a 92 F150.

So I purchased a 92 single cab F150 flareside from my neighbor she was the original owner since 92. And the original motor took a dump but I have a 302 HO from a 93 Mustang that only had 130 thounsand miles on it. That am planning to swap into the truck. Things that I know I have to reuse from the truck onto the HO is the time chain cover, oil pan with the oil pick up and the the lower and top intake. Now I've read that I can use the the HO or the 351w firing order. But should I switch around the fuel injectors plugs to fit the firing order, I can say this is one of my questions. Now in the other hand I have a 95 F150s computer RAN2 or F5TF-12A650-AEC with the matching harness which some plug connections cut off but not to many. Now here is my second question can i used this computer and harness with my HO motor, also sine the 95 F150 computer and harness have mass air and the transmission was a E4oD and the 92 F150 is SD and am guessing with a E4oD transmission, am guessing cause I haven't checked yet. So hopefully I make sense hahaha. Any advice would be grateful appreciate.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 963 Likes on 762 Posts
Just put the motor in there with the truck intake, oilpan and stuff on it, plug it into the stock '92 truck harness and do not change anything. This will run fine so get all this done first so that you know you have a driveable vehicle.

Now spread you '95 harness out on the floor somewhere and peel all the tape and loom of it. Remove all wires for the injectors and MAF meter and tape this up into a little sub harness, hopefully the wiring is complete all the way back to the PCM connector. The plan will be to add this to the stock harness in the '92... eventually.
Now find out for sure what transmission your truck has, trans code E on the drivers door pillar is E4OD, trans code U is 4R70w, and double check by visually identifying the trans, the oilpans for these two are shaped very differently.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:46 PM
frankosd
Junior User
302 HO to a 92 F150

Originally Posted by Conanski
Just put the motor in there with the truck intake, oilpan and stuff on it, plug it into the stock '92 truck harness and do not change anything. This will run fine so get all this done first so that you know you have a driveable vehicle.

Now spread you '95 harness out on the floor somewhere and peel all the tape and loom of it. Remove all wires for the injectors and MAF meter and tape this up into a little sub harness, hopefully the wiring is complete all the way back to the PCM connector. The plan will be to add this to the stock harness in the '92... eventually.
Now find out for sure what transmission your truck has, trans code E on the drivers door pillar is E4OD, trans code U is 4R70w, and double check by visually identifying the trans, the oilpans for these two are shaped very differently.
Conanski thanks for your advice much appreciated. Now I check out the truck more today cause the lady I got it from mentioned that the motor took a dump. Which I use my battery from my Mustang and the truck started right up a Lil rough but not to bad as if the motor was bad that surprised me. But I diddid notice that the oil pressure gauge from the dash wasn't working but once again I didn't notice any problems with the motor other than a Lil rough shaking could be the motor mounts or the balancer, but when I try to disconnect the battery it started to run very rough like if it wanted to turn off. So that's more homework for later. Now for the harness what am understanding is to fallow the injectors wires and the mass air wires to the PCM connector and unpin then and then pin it back to the PCM connector from the truck harness and the use the 95 computer I have already? And thanks for your feedback

Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 963 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by frankosd
Now for the harness what am understanding is to fallow the injectors wires and the mass air wires to the PCM connector and unpin then and then pin it back to the PCM connector from the truck harness and the use the 95 computer I have already?
Yes that is the general idea, you will have to move some wires/pins and of course remove the existing injector wires n pins, for that you need to know the connector pinouts for SD and MAF trucks but they are available online.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:09 AM
frankosd
Junior User
Originally Posted by Conanski
Yes that is the general idea, you will have to move some wires/pins and of course remove the existing injector wires n pins, for that you need to know the connector pinouts for SD and MAF trucks but they are available online.
CONANSKI. Once again thanks for the info. You don't know any links you can share for the diagrams. I've been doing some research on some but since this would be the first time doing this on a truck am some kind of nervous hahahaha. Am a Lil more familiar with the foxbody Mustang harness.