1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Need several OBDII PID's from a 2005-2006 Expedition or Navigator please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 02:56 PM
AGrayson84
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need several OBDII PID's from a 2005-2006 Expedition or Navigator please!

Hi everyone, some of you may have seen that I've suddenly gotten multiple TPS DTC's on my '06 Navigator. All of the TPS tests on the sensor and wiring have checked out (voltages and resistance), and the voltages on the accelerator pedal position sensor (APPS) are also within range... but I'm noticing some other discrepancies while monitoring the TPS and APPS.

I was hoping someone with a 2005-2006 Expedition or Navigator can give me some sort of recording of their PID's for the TPS and APPS. If you don't have a way of getting a video of that, just jotting down the voltages and percentages at closed throttle and full throttle may work. Here are the PID's I'm hoping for:

TPS:
TP.OBDII - Throttle Position (percentage)
TP1 - Throttle Position Sensor 1 (voltage)
TP2 - Throttle Position Sensor 2 (voltage)
TP2 - Absolute Throttle Position B (percentage)
TPMODE - Throttle Position
TP_B - Absolute Throttle Position B (percentage)
TP_F - Throttle Position Sensor Status
TP_REL - Relative Throttle Position (percentage)

APPS:
APP1 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 (voltage)
APP1 [APP_D] - Accelerator Pedal Position D (percentage)
APP2 - Acclerator pedal position sensor 2 (voltage)
APP2 [APP_E] - Accelerator Pedal Position E (percentage)
APP3 - Accelerator pedal position sensor 3 (voltage)
APP3 [APP_F] - Acclerator Pedal Position F (pecentage)
APP_D - Accelerator Pedal Position D (percentage)
APP_E - Accelerator Pedal Position E (percentage)
APP_FLT - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Status
APP_MODE - Accelerator Pedal Position

If you have additional TPS and/or APPS PID's that would be great. If you have a PID for "TAC" that would also be great. I'm looking to see what the values are on all of these with the pedal fully released, as well as with the pedal to the floor. If you can record a video it would be great to see the values of you slowly pressing the pedal to the floor too, as the last 25% or so of pressing the accelerator all the way down is not registering any change in values on the APPS PID's, and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Here is a video I took, for example, of my PID's:

This was using the FORScan Lite app on an Android phone, with a Bluetooth OBDII dongle, and I used "AZ Screen Recorder" to record the video of my screen while I did all of this.

If you don't have ability to do this with your smart phone (no Bluetooth OBDII dongle), recording a clear video of a handheld scanner will suffice, otherwise just jotting down the values with the pedal fully released and fully pressed down will do.

I know this requires a few minutes of effort, but I would be super-appreciative if anyone is willing to go the distance to help me out here with getting me their values to hopefully finally determine where my problem is. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. If you have a Bluetooth dongle and don't have FORScan Lite I'll be willing to buy the app for you!! It's a great app, definitely better than paid version of Torque.