2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I just updated the first post to include instructions for downloading, installing and activating FORScan. There is also a link to the preferred OBDII connector.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:44 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,435 Likes on 936 Posts
thank you for the instructions. anxiously awaiting my reg. approval

Old 12-18-2016, 09:53 AM
skipcox
Mountain Pass

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the update cowlick.....Merry Christmas

Old 12-18-2016, 12:12 PM
hoyas76
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and the longer one. I was just able to activate the fog lights w/ high beams and disable the double horn honk...not bad for someone who derives no joy from messing with computers

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2016, 12:24 PM
RubyRed350Platinum
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to make the Assisted Cruise Control work to a full stop and resume on its own yet? My wife's Durango does this and it is GREAT in this California traffic!!

Old 12-24-2016, 09:57 AM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
This was AWESOME!!
My thanks to whomever is in charge of this operation.

Took me a little while to figure it all out, but I have no more horn honking. I was about to take the truck back I hated it so much.
The fogs on too was the icing on the cake.

Can't wait for more of these little tweeks to get posted. I wish I was more savvy so I could figure them out.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:06 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyRed350Platinum
Has anyone figured out how to make the Assisted Cruise Control work to a full stop and resume on its own yet? My wife's Durango does this and it is GREAT in this California traffic!!
My wifes Fusion had it but it quit working, only that feature, adaptive cruise still works.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
There are a few other articles on the net about it but here's straight from Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

I used my Windows 7 disc from a previous laptop. Once it's setup you can select Bootcamp as your start up disc in System Preferences and restart your Macbook. It will start just like a Windows computer. When your done with Windows, there is a little bootcamp icon down in the task manager next to the clock in the lower right hand corner. Click it and it will prompt you to be able to restart again and go back to Mac OS. It sounds tricky but it's actually very easy once you've done it once or twice. I don't use it much. Only for Forscan and there is a similar program that is Windows only to make changes to my wife's BMW SUV. Other than that, I'm Apple only like you...
Rodney, this all feeds into my decision for Windows/Mac I am about to make. In order to run Windows in bootcamp I would need a Windows disc? That makes sense. In order to install the Windows am I correct in assuming the install would have to be registered? I am still running my current Windows on my desktop which was Win7 upgraded to Win10 and so that serial number is still in use. Attempted registration would undoubtedly create an error. SO I am picturing even greater expense to go MAC; the prices with enough power to do video editing are well over 2K already. Not sure if I can justify the changeover if I need to buy a second operating system. A cheap tablet would be almost equal to the cost of a redundant OS.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:06 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Microsoft has no idea if your old computer is still registered or in use. Therefor, you can run the same Windows key on more than one machine. To be honest, you likely wouldn't need to register your copy of Windows to get it up and running in Bootcamp enough to use Forscan, but I think it would register without issue irregardless. I used my old Windows 7 disk as well which is still installed on an old laptop of mine. No problem there and was able to register. However, if your worried, complete the installation without registering your key and just run Forscan. You don't need to do Windows updates or anything so registration is a step you could theoretically skip.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Thanks. Decisions, decisions. Conversion is a big step for my pea brain. Windows ever since "286". Other Win only programs, rarely used since retirement can stay on the desktop (AutoCad, Concentric Proj Mgmt). All new video and photo editing software plus MS Office. Lots of peripheral costs to changeover. I guess only having a few problems ever with the Windows based machines should speak for itself. I ramble too much in this decision. Harder than ordering a 2017 SuperDuty for sure!

Old 12-24-2016, 12:37 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
I love my MAC. It's like comparing turning on a TV to booting up Windows. Almost instant on, never crashes, locks, etc. Just turn it on and use it. I too was very hesitant to make the move. I was the family/friend go to guy to build/fix PCs so it was a hit to the ego to got from being the local pro to know nothing and start all over again. But alas, it's second nature now and while I installed Windows in Bootcamp for when I got too frustrated with MAC OS, I never once used it other than to make sure it worked and then to run Forscan.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:51 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
There is one program out that is supposed to run windows programs within the mac environment.
Haven't tried it as I have been using bootcamp/parallels since switching over.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Texmudder
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Epic,

Show Temps on Gauges - I can confirm I was not able to write this value.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:46 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I love my MAC. It's like comparing turning on a TV to booting up Windows. Almost instant on, never crashes, locks, etc. Just turn it on and use it. I too was very hesitant to make the move. I was the family/friend go to guy to build/fix PCs so it was a hit to the ego to got from being the local pro to know nothing and start all over again. But alas, it's second nature now and while I installed Windows in Bootcamp for when I got too frustrated with MAC OS, I never once used it other than to make sure it worked and then to run Forscan.
I totally agree. Except I have never and will never install windows in bootcamp on my Mac's. Windows (affectionately known in my home as "Losedows" since there is no Win involved) is a poison that infects whatever it gets installed on. I just ordered a $72 windows tablet to do the Forscan stuff.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:16 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't wait, I know I have a Bluetooth reader under the tree waiting for me, still waiting for there forum account approval and I guess I'll need a license approval after?
anyhow can't wait to get rid of the honk with my air horn, fog lights and aparantly some one was saying they where able to turn on the 12v power points wile the trucks off! But I haven't seen the code for that?

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet