2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 03:44 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,437 Likes on 937 Posts
726-27-01| 0001-0000-0056 0001-0000-0056

this is what line 4 our spreadsheet shows^^

With this my highbeams and fogs work together, but I now had signal hyperflash inside truck, with signals working correctly outside the truck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
726-27-01| x1xx-xxxx-xxxx
This got rid of my signal hyperflash^^

We need to add a column for LED headlights and a column for halogen headlights like what the f150 spreadsheet has. it appears 0100 - xxxx - xxxx is for Halogen, 0001-xxxx-xxxx is for LED

about to try the tire size change out off of the f150 spreadsheet

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-28-2016, 05:27 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
726-27-01| 0001-0000-0056 0001-0000-0056

this is what line 4 our spreadsheet shows^^

With this my highbeams and fogs work together, but I now had signal hyperflash inside truck, with signals working correctly outside the truck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
726-27-01| x1xx-xxxx-xxxx
This got rid of my signal hyperflash^^

We need to add a column for LED headlights and a column for halogen headlights like what the f150 spreadsheet has. it appears 0100 - xxxx - xxxx is for Halogen, 0001-xxxx-xxxx is for LED
To clarify, the center digits are what change the LED headlights. Headlight default value is xxxx xxx1 xxxx and it must be changed to xxxx xxx0 xxxx to enable fog lights with LED high beams. Are you certain it is the first four digits for the Halogen headlights? That is the way it is recorded in the spreadsheet right now but I can change it if it should be different.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey guys, just made an account here and am interested in what you find for the 2017s. Some of you may know me from the FORScan thread on the F150 forums but if not, I was given this link by ZooDad. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and I'll be keeping up with what you guys find

Old 12-28-2016, 05:57 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Livnitup
Hey guys, just made an account here and am interested in what you find for the 2017s. Some of you may know me from the FORScan thread on the F150 forums but if not, I was given this link by ZooDad. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and I'll be keeping up with what you guys find
Glad to have you. Welcome to FTE.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:25 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by AllGoNShow
This one is super handy! Appears to work as well;
I can see it now -

"Hon, I'm at the fuel station and I shut my truck off"

"Again"? "You really owe me now"

"But you still love me, right?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:33 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
In case anyone doesn't know, this is the GOD of Forscan that just joined here.... Welcome brother and thanks for all your hard work on the F150 forums. I wouldn't even know about Forscan if it wasn't for you.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:38 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
In case anyone doesn't know, this is the GOD of Forscan that just joined here.... Welcome brother and thanks for all your hard work on the F150 forums. I wouldn't even know about Forscan if it wasn't for you.
That's awesome. I'm happy to grant spreadsheet edit privileges if Livnitup would like. No point in re-learning stuff that has already been figured out.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat

That he is!! Thanks for joining Livinitup,great to have you here,Welcome!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:55 PM
gpf2ez
Elder User
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully we will be able to do as much to the SD that you guys have done to the F150's.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I almost pulled the trigger on a SD instead of my F150 Platinum and now that I see the 2017 SDs, I'm having a little buyer's remorse lol. I'm really jealous of all the new camera views, the high mount camera, and BLIS working with a trailer connected to name a few options. I have IDS (in case I screwed anything up in FORScan), FORScan (obviously) and a new "tool" coming tomorrow that should let me manipulate the module firmware somewhat so hopefully I can get some of these 2017 SD features working on my 150.

Anyways, if I can help you guys out with general FORScan questions, testing methods, etc., don't hesitate to ask. If anyone with a 2017 SD lives in the SoCal area (I'm in Covina) and wants to meet up on a Saturday or something for some testing, hit me up via pm.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I almost pulled the trigger on a SD instead of my F150 Platinum and now that I see the 2017 SDs, I'm having a little buyer's remorse lol. I'm really jealous of all the new camera views, the high mount camera, and BLIS working with a trailer connected to name a few options. I have IDS (in case I screwed anything up in FORScan), FORScan (obviously) and a new "tool" coming tomorrow that should let me manipulate the module firmware somewhat so hopefully I can get some of these 2017 SD features working on my 150.

Anyways, if I can help you guys out with general FORScan questions, testing methods, etc., don't hesitate to ask. If anyone with a 2017 SD lives in the SoCal area (I'm in Covina) and wants to meet up on a Saturday or something for some testing, hit me up via pm.

Thanks again for all your help "early on" in the 150 forum with me to get started!

Old 12-28-2016, 08:19 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi Livnitup...what you do is far beyond anything I could imagine doing.

My question to you, if you have an answer is...
Is there anyway to make the puddle lights come on when the fob is approaching the truck when it is dark?
Ford claimed (and documented in the standard/options) that the 2017 SD has "high-intensity LED security approach lamps" (copied word for word)
To me, that means when you approach the vehicle in the dark, with the fob, the puddle lights turn on when the fob is within a certain distance...as it does in luxury vehicles, like my wife's Acura.
I see no ambiguity in the writing of that feature. It appears, though, all SD can do is turn on a bunch of exterior lamps when the unlock button on the fob is pressed.
Hardly even close to what was written as a feature. All vehicles do this when you unlock remotely.

Is this feature hidden in a module that could be eventually be exploited? Maybe something that was forgotten to be turned on in programming? Or is this something that was completely written for marketing purposes and Ford hoped they would never be called out on.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Originally Posted by klassic
Hi Livnitup...what you do is far beyond anything I could imagine doing.

My question to you, if you have an answer is...
Is there anyway to make the puddle lights come on when the fob is approaching the truck when it is dark?
Ford claimed (and documented in the standard/options) that the 2017 SD has "high-intensity LED security approach lamps" (copied word for word)
To me, that means when you approach the vehicle in the dark, with the fob, the puddle lights turn on when the fob is within a certain distance...as it does in luxury vehicles, like my wife's Acura.
I see no ambiguity in the writing of that feature. It appears, though, all SD can do is turn on a bunch of exterior lamps when the unlock button on the fob is pressed.
Hardly even close to what was written as a feature. All vehicles do this when you unlock remotely.

Is this feature hidden in a module that could be eventually be exploited? Maybe something that was forgotten to be turned on in programming? Or is this something that was completely written for marketing purposes and Ford hoped they would never be called out on.
Yeah I tried to get this working on my own truck. Before I started contributing to the FORScan developers with things I found, I noticed this was already listed in the plain English area (PIDs) of the BCM module called "Approach Detection". I'm not sure who contributed that to the FORScan developers or how it was included in there but it definitely didn't work. I know it works with some Lincoln models (even though Lincoln members often report it often doesn't work when it should) and I would think any fob that is a proximity fob should allow it to work. Anyways, right now I'm not sure if the address in FORScan for approach detection is correct or if it's somewhere else entirely in BCM but this is on my short list of unresolved things I hope to still find.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:49 PM
jRedondox
Cross-Country
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AllGoNShow
Blinker itself does not change, only the fog light goes out on the side the blinker is flashing on, to draw more attention to the amber flashing the overwhelming blue LED head/fog lights.

Picture below might help a little, sorry only own a potato-camera. Also a picture of the dash, I am usually on the home screen as it lets me watch everything when I'm on the road.

what value did you use to get the cooled/heated and steering wheel on the screen?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:45 AM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I tried to get this working on my own truck. Before I started contributing to the FORScan developers with things I found, I noticed this was already listed in the plain English area (PIDs) of the BCM module called "Approach Detection". I'm not sure who contributed that to the FORScan developers or how it was included in there but it definitely didn't work. I know it works with some Lincoln models (even though Lincoln members often report it often doesn't work when it should) and I would think any fob that is a proximity fob should allow it to work. Anyways, right now I'm not sure if the address in FORScan for approach detection is correct or if it's somewhere else entirely in BCM but this is on my short list of unresolved things I hope to still find.
I've tried some approach detection from the Fusion lists and haven't had any luck yet myself, would love to get this working if its possible as well!

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet