FORScan Spreadsheet - Page 299 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

FORScan Spreadsheet

Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User
ExtremeDuty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RenoHuskerDu View Post
Doh. I feel like Mr Potato Head. I completely Pelosi'd it. I'll give it a gander now.

OK, I read it thru. Now I understand how to use the active regen button. Uncheck it to avoid the 500 mile regens Ford does. I just may do that. An active regen today on my truck only took about 12 minutes from 100% down to 35%. Why let Ford do it every 500 miles unless the filter is full? Lots-0-fuel wasted.

Doing a manual regen in the driveway costs 2-4 gallons of fuel, according to those reports.
Tell you what ... I am thinking seriously about doing a full delete on this truck to get around all this DPF malarkey.
That DPF is a big as a freight train and probably weighs 200 lbs.
LOL!
Actually the BOLD stuff I posted is all you needed.
I know what you mean about the delete, I have a good friend who's a very good diesel mechanic and deletes a lot of stuff. What a huge difference it makes. But I'm chicken for now, warranty and all but will get all my current mods done then see how it goes in a year or two. Story is, it's the emissions that are the most common failure.

I vaguely remember someone saying recently that EGT might be available via FORScan Lite??? Might be wrong on that one. I also put EGT gauge in my '05 Dmax and watched it way more than the turbo gauge. Lots of folks blowing by me on mountain passes with bigger trailers than mine, because they could, not because they should. Regardless of whether EGT monitoring is needed, I miss it.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:28 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
There is several EGT probes, but they are far downstream from the usual pre turbo, and just post turbo which are traditional locations. So, the temps you will see won’t get as high, nor spike as fast. But using Forscan and the gauge mode or Forscan light can show these or all 4 of them.

As long as your not tuned, no issues, because the systems won’t allo over heating as long as all is working. Different story I’d tuned, deleted, how far tuned. Especially when towing.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:34 AM
RenoHuskerDu
Elder User
RenoHuskerDu is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mhoefer View Post
There is several EGT probes, but they are far downstream from the usual pre turbo, and just post turbo which are traditional locations. So, the temps you will see won’t get as high, nor spike as fast. But using Forscan and the gauge mode or Forscan light can show these or all 4 of them.

As long as your not tuned, no issues, because the systems won’t allo over heating as long as all is working. Different story I’d tuned, deleted, how far tuned. Especially when towing.
I reckon deleted would only lower EGTs. EGR introduces hot exhaust gas into the intake. The automakers claim that cools the combustion chamber, but then the intake temps are higher...guy could go crazy trying to figure it out. I personally hate EGR in all its variations.

As for tuning, yep ya gotta watch EGTs or risk big damage. But on my 7.3 if I stick to Tow/Economy mode on the Hydra, EGTs are lower than they were bone stock. Tow/Econ still gives me about 75hp over stock, enough to spin the tires in 1rst. I think additional fuel has a cooling effect. That's why you see drag diesels rolling coal. I love watching those diesel pickup drag videos.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:30 PM
catrasca
Senior User
catrasca is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
Be sure to get tiny (small diameter) self-tapping screws if they're not included. I think Headlight Revolution might include them with either resistors or lamp kit. http://www.unleashtheford.com also has resistors alone (no screws)
6 minute mark in this video will give you the how-to. I will not t-splice and solder as in the video or use the plastic quick connects but instead will use quality heat shrink crimp connectors with more heat shrink tubing over the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC6EhNskQV0
Installed the resistors today. Easy peasy. Didn’t get the small self-tapping screws so used VHB 3M dual-sided tape. No more hyper flashing 😀

Old 01-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Navistar86
New User
Navistar86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Made some calibration changes and everything worked great. Thanks everyone

Old 01-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Navistar86
New User
Navistar86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bryanpwatson View Post
Just a quick question for you all, I recently just made some changes to the truck:

NAV mod
Disable horn honk
Heated & Cooled seat on screen
Percentages on gaues
Disable seatbelt chime

I have one issue, since then my rear window wont work anymore... I don't think I did anything wrong but was maybe seeing if anything I did may have caused this to stop working. Truck is less than 2 months old and was working prior. Any help is much appreciated!

I would change all settings back to factory and see if you caused the problem by accident

Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 AM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User
Just now figured out what Auto Stop/Start Technology is.. sheesh!

Is that functional on a 6.7L PSD? I see it in the spreadsheet but haven't experienced it.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:35 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.
Just now figured out what Auto Stop/Start Technology is.. sheesh!

Is that functional on a 6.7L PSD? I see it in the spreadsheet but haven't experienced it.
not available with the 6.7diesel not really sure if it is on the 6.2 only ever saw it on a 150

Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User
Originally Posted by Uzumati View Post

not available with the 6.7diesel not really sure if it is on the 6.2 only ever saw it on a 150
Good! What I read on the 150s is folks hate it.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.
Good! What I read on the 150s is folks hate it.
‘when I bought my truck back in October 2016 they put me in a loaner 150 while I was waiting on delivery. Took it back the next day because it “kept dying at red lights”, lol. Was my first experience with auto start/stop, hated it then and still do.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:08 PM
catrasca
Senior User
catrasca is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have it on my wife’s 2018 Land Cruiser and on my 2016 C350. My 2015 F-150 also had it. It is a royal PITA and having to turn it off every time you start your engine is an even bigger PITA. Not a fan 😡

Old 01-13-2019, 11:38 PM
bryanpwatson
New User
bryanpwatson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by RenoHuskerDu View Post
Just to clarify, do you mean the power sliding window, or the defroster? There is a recall on the rear defroster not working. FYI
I meant the rear power sliding window

Old 01-15-2019, 02:00 PM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry if this has been asked already. New to forscan and I wanted to enable Bambi mode on my 2018 F350. The spreadsheet states to set the following values;

Fog Lights with High Beam HALOGENBdyCM as built 726-27-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx to x1xx xxxx xxxx

When I looked at these values in forscan it's already set to x1xx xxxx xxxx

So what do I need to set? Thanks for all the help from this forum.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:25 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User
OEM LED or Halogen?
If I remember my XLT Halogen worked with the "Some Halogen" change.
Try line 6 and line 7.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:34 PM
hlozano
Senior User
hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hlozano is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OEM LED or Halogen?
If I remember my XLT Halogen worked with the "Some Halogen" change.
Try line 6 and line 7.
I have the OEM Halogens. I'll try your recommendation and report back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FORScan Spreadsheet

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.