2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 12:56 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the Auto-Regen disable mod today. Gauge shows and is selectable 0n/Off. Looks like I'll get a screen notification on every key-on telling me it's disabled.. I can live with that.
Truck is just short of 1000 miles and DEF is at 65% so figured it might regen today on my way to the vet (5 miles) and didn't want to interrupt it if it does happen. So I'll let it ride until the idjit meter tells me I have to Regen and switch back to Auto Regen and see what happens. Planning a 100 mile round trip just for this purpose when I know the roads are clear.
I neglected to punch WRITE in both IPC and PCM the first go-round.. d'oh. Works fine when done correctly.

Also added Panic 2-button push.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:03 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford Fx4
I got temps on gauges to show up fine on my 19' though IPC as built.
Maybe I need an update, what FORscan version are you using? Thanks!

Old 12-26-2018, 03:12 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by AllGoNShow
Maybe I need an update, what FORscan version are you using? Thanks!
I noticed today an update is available but didn't do it.
I think it said .19

Old 12-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Mkos1980
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I got my temps to appear on my 19 as well as adjusting TPMS and I added the adjustable color changing ambient lighting to my Lariet Value pkg.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:45 PM
delorenzomp
Elder User
Q: if I were to purchase a WINDOWS-based tablet to use solely for FORScan work, what requirements would I be looking-at...I have a Windows 'boat anchor' PC and Apple iOS hardware, but nothing Windows portable...so, in order to function properly at my vehicle, what is, say, the minimum RAM, Processor, obviously Bluetooth to use with the MX+ OBD2 interface, etc...again, if I can get something inexpensive enough, this could be dedicated FORScan hardware...thank you.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:24 PM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty
Got the incorrect LED for front turns (there are 2 options and my guess was wrong of course). So, while reading the description for either front or rear LED turns they mention the fast flash shows up on the dash display, not necessarily the bulb which would require the resistors I don't want to clear the dash fast-flash.. hmm. I know someone posted they had the issue on the dash. Was this even with the FORScan mod done or did that prevent the dash flash too?
I can live w/o LED turns.
Thanks.
you can kill the hyper flash but there are three check marks to clear it. I think it is front/rear/global or donthing like that. Keep looking.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Robeleo
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by delorenzomp
Q: if I were to purchase a WINDOWS-based tablet to use solely for FORScan work, what requirements would I be looking-at...I have a Windows 'boat anchor' PC and Apple iOS hardware, but nothing Windows portable...so, in order to function properly at my vehicle, what is, say, the minimum RAM, Processor, obviously Bluetooth to use with the MX+ OBD2 interface, etc...again, if I can get something inexpensive enough, this could be dedicated FORScan hardware...thank you.
I bought a window base tablet in best buy for 100 bucks and work great fo forscan

Old 12-27-2018, 05:47 PM
delorenzomp
Elder User
Thanks, robeleo, so an entry level will work...are using a bluetooth obdII interface?

Old 12-27-2018, 06:02 PM
4by4ord
More Turbo
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
I down loaded forscan and followed the procedure to make some changes to my 2017 F350 about a year ago. I've actually forgot most of how I did it but a friend has asked me to make the same changes to his truck. Can I use my Forscan software and OBDII connecter on his truck or is the software somehow linked to my serial number?

Old 12-27-2018, 06:14 PM
delorenzomp
Elder User
Robeleo- I assume you have Windows 10? Whise OBDII do you have, any issues?

Old 12-27-2018, 06:18 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by 4by4ord
I down loaded forscan and followed the procedure to make some changes to my 2017 F350 about a year ago. I've actually forgot most of how I did it but a friend has asked me to make the same changes to his truck. Can I use my Forscan software and OBDII connecter on his truck or is the software somehow linked to my serial number?
I asked the same question here about a week ago and was told we're good to go on multiple vehicles. I've yet to do another but no reason to think we can't.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:43 AM
DCM1
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I asked the same question here about a week ago and was told we're good to go on multiple vehicles. I've yet to do another but no reason to think we can't.
Originally Posted by 4by4ord
Just be sure to properly label your as-built backups so you don't over-write your own saved as-built files. I use a date format within a separate file folder for each vehicle, and I save notes of exactly what I changed and what was the original value, so if I have to back out of a change I don't have to kill all the changes to that module by loading the original as-built file.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:00 AM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Yeah, my plan is to have the owner of the truck I'm modifying bring his own formatted thumb drive to load his as-built and modified data on. In the event something were to happen to my computer or my life he'd be able to recover data by just enlisting someone else who has FORScan. I don't want to be responsible for holding that information.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:27 PM
4by4ord
More Turbo
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
Yeah, my plan is to have the owner of the truck I'm modifying bring his own formatted thumb drive to load his as-built and modified data on. In the event something were to happen to my computer or my life he'd be able to recover data by just enlisting someone else who has FORScan. I don't want to be responsible for holding that information.

Thank you and DCM1 for your help. I like the idea of storing his as built files to a thumb drive for him, or, depending on the size of the files ... maybe I could save them to my laptop and send them to him as an attachment in an email?

Old 12-28-2018, 06:21 PM
Truckie256
Laughing Gas
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Not showing extended license

THINK I FIGURED IT OUT AS i NOW HAVE WARNINGS ABOUT CHANGING PARAMETERS BUT NOW DON'T SEE HOW TO SAVE ALL THE ORIGINAL MODULE CONFIGS TO HAVE A SAFETY BACKUP

I followed the beginning instructions..but forscan still says I need extended license... It just downloaded a regedit string I can see in sheets..what gives? Please help

Last edited by Truckie256; 12-28-2018 at 06:35 PM. Reason: INFO CHANGED

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet