2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:47 AM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About to do the regen mods in FORScan and wanted to confirm that quotes below are the final words on the topic.
I read EVERY page of this thread in 2 days, copy/pasted pertinent regen experiences and posted to a Word doc for reference. I have the FORScan procedure copied as well so shouldn't be an issue modding.
Just checking to see if you guys who spent the effort to find and confirm these operations are still happy with it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by roadpilot [img]file:///C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif
Update to my post:
This weekend, we went up north to the cabin. It's about 186 miles each way ...

Yet another update to my posts.
Not sure if anyone has confirmed this, but when I had unchecked the ACTIVE REGEN checkbox and the 'filter full' message appeared while I was driving, I was able to uncheck it and within just a minute two, the truck went into ACTIVE REGEN. Point being, I didn't have to stop, put it in park, or do anything else to allow the regeneration process to "resume normal operation".
-------------------------------
I don't know who to attribute this to but here it is.

Yes while driving the truck you can select or de-select the auto-regen button. I have 27,000 miles on my F-450 and have the auto-regen deselected until it tells me it needs to regen then I will select the box to activate the regen unless I am getting close to my destination that I will leave it deselected until I am going to drive the truck for a longer period of time.

------------------------
Thanks for all this!

Gary

Old 12-19-2018, 12:59 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,667 Likes on 2,740 Posts
Gary, I would like to see the summary you put together. I would like to do this regen mod eventually.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:28 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by HRTKD
Gary, I would like to see the summary you put together. I would like to do this regen mod eventually.
These are raw quotes from this thread so is not organized at all. It reads from top to bottom chronologically so the latest info is on the last couple pages. Note that in earlier posts there was no ability to run the mods in FORScan for the '18 trucks (dealer visit required) but that changed later on and the ability is there. FORScan spreadsheet shows Auto-Regen selection on line 92 (the last line), in Plain English mode (not as-built) Inside my attachment is the how and why you can choose option 1, 2, or 3, also in the Plain English, not as-built.

Everything in this doc is in this thread. I'm not intending to re-hash the whole thing but just summarize what I've gleaned from the folks who've taken the initiative and risk to try all this stuff so I can do it with confidence on my truck. As for the worth of the Manual Regen, or selecting when to allow the truck to Auto-regen, I guess that's up to the individual. I like the idea of letting it rip on my terms but time will tell after I've tried it. I have just under 1000 miles on my truck and expect a regen any time with DPF% = 45% but the 500mi. interval coming up. To me, it makes sense to delay the regen until much closer to 100% for reasons listed in the attachment. This is my first DPF vehicle so it's all fun and games.. chicken to delete even here, where no inspections happen.
I dreaded FORScan at first and was apprehensive, like most, had my glitches due to not thoroughly reading instructions (PAGE 1 - 2), and asked some redundant questions here, but the benefits outweigh the minimal risk (Back it UP, Back it UP). Silencing all the dings and dongs, power point 4 hour time out, etc. was worth it to me on their own. Now that I've had success with it, I'm confident enough to mess with friends trucks. I still have a couple thing to do/undo on my new '18 as well.

Enjoy!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
REGEN.pdf (164.1 KB, 100 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 02:06 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Does "Dark Car Mode - Turns off parking and cargo lights when door is opened" turn off interior lights as well?

Thanks.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:35 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Just installed FORScan Lite. Do you connect with the MX or via SYNC for this app?
Also, which module will show me Regen (Dashboard)??

Thanks.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:29 PM
bushpilot
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty
Just installed FORScan Lite. Do you connect with the MX or via SYNC for this app?
Also, which module will show me Regen (Dashboard)??

Thanks.
the connection between FORScan Lite and the Truck is via the OBDII port. You do not use sync.
I dont under stand the ReGen (Dashboard) question.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:17 PM
RegularCabPlati
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok I see there is a code to change the rear tails to led but what about the front turn signals. reason for asking is i'm putting led bulbs in the front of my truck and really don't want to put a resistor in line

Old 12-19-2018, 10:48 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by RegularCabPlati
ok I see there is a code to change the rear tails to led but what about the front turn signals. reason for asking is i'm putting led bulbs in the front of my truck and really don't want to put a resistor in line
You can do the FORScan changes for both front & rear LED 'turn outage' from the Plain English part of the BCM/BdyCM. No need to enter hex codes in the as-built portion. I've confirmed that here and with the vendor I got my LEDs from. Pretty sweet. I too did not want hot resistors wired in. Waiting on my front LEDs to arrive tomorrow to get them done.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:05 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

You can do the FORScan changes for both front & rear LED 'turn outage' from the Plain English part of the BCM/BdyCM. No need to enter hex codes in the as-built portion. I've confirmed that here and with the vendor I got my LEDs from. Pretty sweet. I too did not want hot resistors wired in. Waiting on my front LEDs to arrive tomorrow to get them done.
I should have mentioned it's a matter of adding a check mark to the box.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:31 AM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by bushpilot
I dont under stand the ReGen (Dashboard) question.
From where on FORScan Lite do you usually monitor if it's on all the time, or if looking for a regen, or DPF data, etc.
I'll figure it out; I just installed Lite and will play with it. Since it's monitor only I can mess with it all I want with no potential for mistakes.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
subscribed

Old 12-20-2018, 01:34 PM
dlenharr213
New User
Just an update, I've found. Completely stock audio (10 speaker sony system, no intent yet of upgrading it, other than door speakers and such). Just to disable the Sony DSP I only changed

7D0-01-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx
(APIM As-Built) - APIM change required only if you have Sony DSP before completing this mod.

I did not make any other changes, I didn't think were necessary without adding more equipment. Let me say, what a difference! Holy, SiriusXM sounds like actual quality now. Will notice more on my way home from work.

Also, huge thanks to the people really involved in working through this! I am a little late to the game, but will help with what I can!

EDIT: Found out doing this, my volume level display dissapeared. But also my navigation prompts dissapeared as well. This might not bother some, but i said nahh. The big thing doing this helped with Sirius XM sound quality. Hmmmm.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:11 PM
calfirebill
New User
The digital readings do appear above the gages once the temp goes above normal range..

Old 12-21-2018, 11:16 AM
2007SuperDuty
Senior User
Does anyone know if on a 2007 F-250 Super Duty XL if I can add the "fuel mileage left until empty" on the message board above the mileage reading? I was looking at a 2005 and I seen it had that option displayed and would like to have it if available. I can not find a forum anywhere on what you can and can not do on a 2007 with Forscan. If anyone has a link or can shed light on this Thank you

Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Rustofer
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Does "Dark Car Mode - Turns off parking and cargo lights when door is opened" turn off interior lights as well?

Thanks.
My experience was that it took out all the lights, inside and out. Too dark for me, so I don't use it.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet