2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 02:29 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fefanatic
Something I recently learned. I set my lane change indicator to flash 5 times. I had to tow a cargo trailer this weekend and when I used the lane change feature it would flash 8 times. I thought I might have had some issues but when I disconnected the trailer the truck went back to a 5 time flash. Reinstalling the trailer caused it to go back to 8 flashes. I can accept that.

Also, I was going to check with Forscan if anything changed. I realized that my hard drive on laptop failed and I no longer had Forscan or my backups. I have to start all over with a new laptop and hopefully can get another backup except this time on a thumb drive. This laptop was used exclusively for diagnostics so no other data lost. Just a word of advice. Save your original configuration on a thumb drive or SD card for safe keeping.
If you lost your original as builts go here.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

You may need to select the county you are in, but then reload the page. You input your VIN and it will give you your truck’s as-built info.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Wmchris
Mountain Pass
Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
2017 F250 Value Lariat
I updated to Sync 3 version 3.0. Changed to Nav in motion, and power point time out all basically at the same time. Now when I turn the truck off and on, several times it has defaulted to FM source instead of staying on Sirius with home page it had when shut off. It had never did this before, It always started up in the last setting. It does not lose the memory settings. Does anyone know if this is tied to any of the forscan changes or if it's in the Sync 3.0 update? TIA!

Old 10-11-2018, 03:38 PM
camping nut
Tuned
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Wmchris
2017 F250 Value Lariat
I updated to Sync 3 version 3.0. Changed to Nav in motion, and power point time out all basically at the same time. Now when I turn the truck off and on, several times it has defaulted to FM source instead of staying on Sirius with home page it had when shut off. It had never did this before, It always started up in the last setting. It does not lose the memory settings. Does anyone know if this is tied to any of the forscan changes or if it's in the Sync 3.0 update? TIA!
No that is a problem that a few received when they updated to sync 3

Old 10-11-2018, 05:57 PM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Something I recently learned. I set my lane change indicator to flash 5 times. I had to tow a cargo trailer this weekend and when I used the lane change feature it would flash 8 times. I thought I might have had some issues but when I disconnected the trailer the truck went back to a 5 time flash. Reinstalling the trailer caused it to go back to 8 flashes. I can accept that.
The row 75 of the FORScan spreadsheet notes two more times. Wonder why you get three?

Two flashes are added automatically when trailer is attached.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s1s/edit#gid=0

Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Aaron S
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I was going to check with Forscan if anything changed. I realized that my hard drive on laptop failed and I no longer had Forscan or my backups. I have to start all over with a new laptop and hopefully can get another backup except this time on a thumb drive. This laptop was used exclusively for diagnostics so no other data lost. Just a word of advice. Save your original configuration on a thumb drive or SD card for safe keeping.
I zip all the backups from my trucks and email the zip files to myself so that its on the "cloud" as well as on my computer.

Aaron

Old 10-11-2018, 11:18 PM
gravedgr
Senior User
Originally Posted by wildcard30

You may need to select the county you are in, but then reload the page. You input your VIN and it will give you your truck’s as-built info.
Great find. This should be added to the spreadsheet near the section about backups.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 AM
BillRes2
Mountain Pass
Hi everyone
I have tried reading all the posts here. My mind has glazed up but I think I have a basic understanding of how to do this.
1. I need and OBD adapter.
2. I need to register.

I have a windows 10 laptop

My truck is a 2019 F350 Lariat CC turbo 4x4 with the ultimate package.
I am primarily interested in numerical values for the engine gauges.
I have seen no comments for the 2018/19 trucks and I have noted that some of the modifications that you mention are now incorporated into the 2019s.
Are the values for the 2017 the same for the 2019's?
This has all been interesting reading even if it isn;t transferable to the 2019's.
My appreciation and regards
Bill

Old 10-12-2018, 11:13 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,708 Likes on 1,318 Posts
Originally Posted by wildcard30

Just a warning to everyone who uses this: The as-built data on that site is NOT the same as what is in my truck according to FORScan. I have found many codes that are different.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:26 AM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Interesting. Mine are identical. I double check them line by line when I first downloaded them.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:48 PM
stangtime
Junior User
Originally Posted by BillRes2
Hi everyone
I have tried reading all the posts here. My mind has glazed up but I think I have a basic understanding of how to do this.
1. I need and OBD adapter.
2. I need to register.

I have a windows 10 laptop

My truck is a 2019 F350 Lariat CC turbo 4x4 with the ultimate package.
I am primarily interested in numerical values for the engine gauges.
I have seen no comments for the 2018/19 trucks and I have noted that some of the modifications that you mention are now incorporated into the 2019s.
Are the values for the 2017 the same for the 2019's?
This has all been interesting reading even if it isn;t transferable to the 2019's.
My appreciation and regards
Bill
Everything in the spreadsheet I have tried on my 2019 F-450 has worked using the beta version of Forscan.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:16 PM
motoxxxloak
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I updated the tire pressure line to read 2d28 which is 45psi front and 40psi rear. Is there a threshold at which the light will come on as in if it gets to within 3psi or 45psi, the light will come on? What am I doing wrong?

Cause here is how it currently reads now

Old 10-19-2018, 05:19 PM
RegularCabPlati
New User
has anyone tried forscan on a regular cab 250 yet? have some questions

Old 10-20-2018, 10:28 AM
D3thM3tal
Tuned
What question - the model doesn't matter.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:41 AM
RegularCabPlati
New User
Originally Posted by D3thM3tal
What question - the model doesn't matter.
I hooked up the forscan and was going to try the more flash to pass but noticed I do not have that module in the listings. SCCM module

Old 10-20-2018, 10:56 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Moto, is the error on the three tires image taken right after you updated? I think you will need a few drive cycles to let it update settings and turn off the warnings if you aired down without moving the truck? Just a thought because I remember adjusting mine and then several days later airing down. I only adjusted to 55 psi front and rear, that’s as low as I can go with the diesel up front.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet