FORScan Spreadsheet - Page 244 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

FORScan Spreadsheet

Old 06-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Russd7
New User
Russd7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cluster Programming

Are you using any special software or hardware to program the cluster miles and hours? I have been looking everywhere on a solution for me to do it myself. I just want my hours and milage to match from old cluster to the new productivity screen I got. I plugged the cluster in and everything works perfect but I don't want to spend another $100+ to get three pieces of information changed.

Originally Posted by Livnitup View Post
Do all 2017 Super Duties come with the 8" cluster display or are there some trim levels like the XLT/XL on the F150 that come with the 4" display? The reason I ask is if anyone has a 4" cluster display that is thinking of upgrading to the 8" display I could program the 8" display's IPC as-built values to the changes that FORScan can't currently access. So if anyone is considering this I will program this for free if the new cluster is sent to me. I can edit these values directly on the EEPROM chip and also do mileage correction & engine hours so the new cluster matches your current mileage. I'm only offering this because I'm curious if the 2017 SD can show the temps above gauges full time as well as the other wanted changes. PM me if interested.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 PM
prometheus1351
Freshman User
prometheus1351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For people that have enabled the ability to read text messages and enter navigation destinations - has anyone noticed a slower start up and little more lag in the sync interface? I didn't pay too much attention before I changed it and it seems just a little slower than I thought and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way or has confirmed this to be the case?

I guess I could always change the values back and see what happens...

Old 06-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Casey Nelson
New User
Casey Nelson is starting off with a positive reputation.
This thread is great! I am having an issue with the DRLís. I have LED headlights, switchback LEDís for turn/park lamps in my halogen housings and I canít seem to get the DRL changed to what I want. I can change it to the park lamp switchbacks, but the bottom bulbs in the headlights stay on with them. Any setting I change the drl too the bottom bulbs on the headlights stay on with them. Also, my switchbacks are amber, which I am looking for the white to be my drl. Anyone got any ideas?

I currently have had success with the following:
- DPF Filter Status
- Temps over gauges
- Specified tire pressure on the tire pressure screen
- Global window close(had the global open stock)

Old 06-14-2018, 06:18 PM
felix4
Senior User
felix4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SuperPoo View Post
Just wondering. Are you saying that you lose Android Auto capability if you enable NAV destination entry via Forscan?
Yes. Also you will have the speed limit (in a red circle) and radio stations (two decimal places) appear European style.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 PM
lariatbob
Senior User
lariatbob is starting off with a positive reputation.
A few posts back I detailed a problem with the global window control. After reprogramming all of the parameters twice (first reprogram neither window would go up), I finally got it all back to normal.
Now my progressive range select on my tach is out. Pressing the - and + buttons on the shift select will change the gears but no display. I know if you hit the + button wnen it is in 6th is will turn the display off, but I can't get it back on.

Ideas?

Old 06-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Livnitup
Senior User
Livnitup has a good reputation on FTE.Livnitup has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Russd7 View Post
Are you using any special software or hardware to program the cluster miles and hours? I have been looking everywhere on a solution for me to do it myself. I just want my hours and milage to match from old cluster to the new productivity screen I got. I plugged the cluster in and everything works perfect but I don't want to spend another $100+ to get three pieces of information changed.
I can program mileage on a SuperDuty cluster but it does require special hardware & process. I wouldn't even describe the process in detail to you because I'm a vendor on the F150forums and programming/selling clusters is my bread and butter. All the hardware involved in the process would cost you more than you could send it out to be done though so keep that in mind.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:08 AM
briangp
Senior User
briangp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Casey Nelson View Post
This thread is great! I am having an issue with the DRLís. I have LED headlights, switchback LEDís for turn/park lamps in my halogen housings and I canít seem to get the DRL changed to what I want. I can change it to the park lamp switchbacks, but the bottom bulbs in the headlights stay on with them. Any setting I change the drl too the bottom bulbs on the headlights stay on with them. Also, my switchbacks are amber, which I am looking for the white to be my drl. Anyone got any ideas?

I currently have had success with the following:
- DPF Filter Status
- Temps over gauges
- Specified tire pressure on the tire pressure screen
- Global window close(had the global open stock)
I think you're running into the same problem I have. I have switchbacks and want just them on for now, but no matter what you do currently, the bottom lights always stay on. No one's figured it out yet. Currently I'm running my switchbacks in white and lower lamps on.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:11 AM
Mixerman90
Senior User
Mixerman90 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by prometheus1351 View Post
For people that have enabled the ability to read text messages and enter navigation destinations - has anyone noticed a slower start up and little more lag in the sync interface? I didn't pay too much attention before I changed it and it seems just a little slower than I thought and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way or has confirmed this to be the case?

I guess I could always change the values back and see what happens...
I didn't notice any lag that I remember, but there were so many other negatives that I changed it back.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 PM
Torvvald
Senior User
Torvvald is starting off with a positive reputation.
Getting a 60 gallon replacement tank for my puny 34 gallon. Any codes out there for a 60 gallon tank?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 AM
ATC Crazy
Postmaster
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by cficare View Post
AKA: Bambi mode. A 2018 F150 owner asked me to include that with several other changes I made for him using FORScan. I talked him out of it since it would cause his vehicle to fail the annual state safety inspection here in VA. If you don't mind changing it back and forth in order to pass such an inspection, good for you. The F150 owner did not want to be reliant on me every year to make those changes. Granted, a dealer's service reflash may cause him to seek my FORScan-ability again.
That's why I put my fog lights on a toggle switch. On or off anytime I want them.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 AM
ATC Crazy
Postmaster
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by A8050266 View Post
All,
Q1:Any way to set the traction control upon start up to default to "OFF" then if needed press the TC button to turn on?
currently it is set "ON" by default . I see in the Spread sheet you can turn it off. I interpreted this as "No more TC" as opposed to what Im looking to do.
I suppose I could just try it. but figured I'd ask.

Q2: Whats the difference between Traction control on/off and Advanced Traction Control on/off?

Q3: here is the dumb one. I seee many option for turning different lights on and off etc.. Spot, Mud, Driving Parking etc... some of them Im not familiar with the names of.
Would be nice to see a post describing what light and where etc. Like Mud light? for instance. just to name one.

Thanks to all for any and all contributions!
-Sam
2017 F250 SD 4x4 Lariot CC Sync3
I'd also like to know this. I hate anything and everything driving aids, especially T/C. `

Old 06-19-2018, 04:17 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy View Post
That's why I put my fog lights on a toggle switch. On or off anytime I want them.
Good luck with that.
(1) Fog lamps are general illumination lamps as covered in subsection A of this section. They must burn through the tail light circuit even if on a separate switch. If installed on a vehicle with a four-headlamp system, or a vehicle equipped with driving lamps, they must be wired into the low beam circuit.
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/adminco...70/section160/