2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:44 AM
KYLongRifle
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Can any of the Canadian truck owners check something for me. Do you all receive a CEL when programming tires larger than 35's?

I had eberlestock try several values while we dialed in his tire size and even with AD7 entered he never got a check engine light. I was hoping if some other Canadian trucks could confirm this we might be onto something. For my US Job 1 '17 truck ABA is the largest i can go without hitting the limit within the TCM and triggering a CEL.

Using the ABA Hex code translates to 364rev/km in the TCM. Anything lower than this 364 causes the CEL to come ON.

So someone with a Canadian truck if you could pull the PID from the TCM "Tiresize, revs/km" and see what it reads where you are now.... no CEL light and tell me. Then try a large code such as AD7 or B75 and then refresh the TCM PID and tell me what that number is again.

Thanks

Old 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM
Jerry Weigel
Cross-Country
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
BCM Module

Originally Posted by briangp
My truck definitely did NOT have the keypad from the factory. It did however have the FX4 and STX packages, which may give it some features that the typical XL does NOT have. My best suggestion would be double check the back side of the BCM really quick and verify you actually have a door code. Mine did. Otherwise this was a very straight forward easy install. Took me about 2 hours given all the cutting and fitting....
With the 16 SD and older, you woudl put your key remotes into programming mode. This woudl allow you to program a 3rd or different remote. The Keypad was just treated like another remote. In the 17 and newer...you can NOT put into programming mode. That is way I am wondering how we program a keypad to the system. We will need to do a F450 in a couple months. The dealership woudl let me watch what they do to see if I can figure out what they are doing.

I know the dealership needs the code that in the box the keypad is in to program to the truck.

jjw
ND

Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry Weigel
With the 16 SD and older, you woudl put your key remotes into programming mode. This woudl allow you to program a 3rd or different remote. The Keypad was just treated like another remote. In the 17 and newer...you can NOT put into programming mode. That is way I am wondering how we program a keypad to the system. We will need to do a F450 in a couple months. The dealership woudl let me watch what they do to see if I can figure out what they are doing.

I know the dealership needs the code that in the box the keypad is in to program to the truck.

jjw
ND
The door code that every '17+ Super Duty truck ships with (regardless of whether it has a keypad or not) is already programmed so when installing a wired keypad, it only has to be enabled in the BCM and and wired up and it will work. A dealership doesn't need the factory code to enable it but they can pull the code for a customer who doesn't know what it is. Once the keypad is enabled you can program additional keypad codes via the Sync screen if you enable the door keypad menu item in APIM. I own IDS (dealership software) so I can tell you there is a simple option to enable keypad (same as the BCM value change that can be done with FORScan) and there's another option in IDS to pull the factory code for a customer that doesn't know it.

A wireless keypad would be a different story and would need to programmed like a key.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:37 PM
bkuuz1
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a question for you guys. I was trying to to do the Bambi mode. My truck is a 2015 with the Halogen.
Module codes reads as follows 726-27-01
the three boxes read as follows
0000 - 0000 - 55
According tot the 2017 spreadsheet posted, I should use Fog Lights with High Beam HALOGENBdyCM as built726-27-01x0xx xxxx xxxxx1xx xxxx xxxx
So when I change the code to 0100 - 0000 - 55, and hit write, the system says the its not a valid code and automatically changes the 55 to a 56. the dash clicks as if it was entered but the fogs do not stay on with the HIGH beams.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
Brice

Old 04-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Originally Posted by bkuuz1
I have a question for you guys. I was trying to to do the Bambi mode. My truck is a 2015 with the Halogen.
Module codes reads as follows 726-27-01
the three boxes read as follows
0000 - 0000 - 55
According tot the 2017 spreadsheet posted, I should use Fog Lights with High Beam HALOGENBdyCM as built726-27-01x0xx xxxx xxxxx1xx xxxx xxxx
So when I change the code to 0100 - 0000 - 55, and hit write, the system says the its not a valid code and automatically changes the 55 to a 56. the dash clicks as if it was entered but the fogs do not stay on with the HIGH beams.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
Brice
You can't use the 2017 spreadsheet for your '15, in 2017 the BCM was totally changed and the addresses/values aren't compatible with yours. Use this spreadsheet instead: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=882975515

Old 04-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Mixerman90
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spatel23
I did the nav code change.
Problem is now, it announces "English selected" upon every start up.
I also lost the graphics next to Sirius channels.

Anyone else have these 2 issues? Any fix?
The "English Selected" announcement went away after a while on mine. What graphics are you talking about? Maybe I didn't notice them before I made the switch. My issue now is that the channel guided doesn't come up anymore. I don't know if that's because of the code change or because my subscription ran out for a while and then I renewed it.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 PM
COTTS4x4
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I noticed today in my truck that when I go to fuel prices it shows that the language is English (UK) is selected (no other English options available), but it doesn't show the fuel price in US dollars? I believe the only changes I made were to put the seat ac controls on the screen and to be able to type addresses while driving that could cause any issue with the screen. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Originally Posted by COTTS4x4
I noticed today in my truck that when I go to fuel prices it shows that the language is English (UK) is selected (no other English options available), but it doesn't show the fuel price in US dollars? I believe the only changes I made were to put the seat ac controls on the screen and to be able to type addresses while driving that could cause any issue with the screen. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks
This is happening from the change to allow NAV/texts in motion. What version of Sync 3 are you running? You may be able to upgrade your Sync version to a newer one and you won't have the problem with fuel prices not being in U.S. dollars even with the NAV in motion enabled or maybe a simple APIM reset in FORScan (wrench icon) will jump start that into U.S. dollars.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:13 PM
COTTS4x4
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Livnitup
This is happening from the change to allow NAV/texts in motion. What version of Sync 3 are you running? You may be able to upgrade your Sync version to a newer one and you won't have the problem with fuel prices not being in U.S. dollars even with the NAV in motion enabled or maybe a simple APIM reset in FORScan (wrench icon) will jump start that into U.S. dollars.
I will check the version tomorrow and then try the APIM reset. Thank you

Old 04-18-2018, 11:28 PM
spatel23
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mixerman90
The "English Selected" announcement went away after a while on mine. What graphics are you talking about? Maybe I didn't notice them before I made the switch. My issue now is that the channel guided doesn't come up anymore. I don't know if that's because of the code change or because my subscription ran out for a while and then I renewed it.
You are correct the announcement did in fact go away.
The graphics I am referring to are the SIRIUS channel logos.
Im with you the channel guide doesn't come up, AND the channels themselves are no longer even numbered when you turn the dial.

Going back to the stock code soon, just haven't had time to sit down with it to change back.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:00 PM
RONMCHUGH
Romcjr

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Any advice on getting my Galaxy Tab A to connect to the obd mx adapter ? It connects to my laptop with no issues . Trying to get it to connect to Forscan Lite on my tablet is proving to be a challenge . Should I be using a different Bluetooth connection other than "0" ( there is also 1 and 2 ) ? When I attempt to pair using the settings menu on the tablet , the adapter shows up , I click it and a screen pops up to enter code , then it disappears and another screen pops up and says unable to connect . Any advice or help would be appreciated !!!

Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM
srkrit
Mountain Pass
HELP!!!!!!!!

Got the elm 327 WiFi reader in. How can I get this to hook up to the Forscan lite app on my iPhone. Everytime I try it fails to connect. I know it may have something to do with IP addresses and things of that nature that I just need some listed out directions for. Can someone please help! Thanks in advance! YouTube has been no help.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:05 PM
t5killer
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoylentSaxgod
I really think we need a Forscan section of this forum...Having everyone post in one thread for every issue is getting ridiculous. Any seconds?
i second it. This is a great thread but it is too hard to search for specific items and keep up with all of the different questions and replies.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:30 AM
RONMCHUGH
Romcjr

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Is there somewhere in Forscan to enable key programming ? I purchased a spare IAS key and tried the programming 10+ times and I get no indication of any kind that the programming mode is working . I did exactly as the manual instructed , but no luck . Thanks for any advice .

Old 04-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Dan B.
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by t5killer

i second it. This is a great thread but it is too hard to search for specific items and keep up with all of the different questions and replies.
yes, that would be awesome. This thread is just simply too vast to navigate through thread searches.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet