Four Door Bronco Build Thread - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four Door Bronco Build Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Elder User

1985 Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've done a few little things in the past 2 weeks

Painted the tan hood, and the fender that was the wrong color white

3 coats of white, then added the lower gray portion

And here it is with the pinstripe

80-86 interior door handles

Also picked up a good 80-86 driver's side inner fender. Struggled with removing all the rusty bolts for an hour in the rain at the junkyard. Ended up cutting the fender and finished removing them at home in the garage. Still need to find a good passenger one. Both of the ones I got from the parts truck were damaged.

Also had my new belt routing decal show up today. Ordered it from Late Model Restoration (LMR). Their website says it is for 93-95 Lightnings, but it matched the one that was on my other core support. Not an exact reproduction, but still very close, and it was a Ford Licensed part.

Installed on the bronco:

Also ordered all the parts to completely rebuild the rear brakes, including drums. They should be here tomorrow. The adjusters are backed all the way off, and I cannot get the drums off. I spent over an hour hitting them with a deadblow. Going to try a sledge hammer next, wanted to wait until all the parts got here in case I broke a drum in half. Still need a good passenger fender, and to modify those bumper mounts. Also want to sandblast and paint a bunch of brackets black that are visible through the grille.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:23 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
?Are you going with the 80s tail lights
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Elder User

Yes, I just haven't ordered them yet. When we put the quarters on, we grafted in the 80-86 lower portion below the taillight. Hopefully they will look okay with the 90s upper part.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:44 PM
Elder User

Just finished doing my rear brakes tonight. They were completely shot. Drums were worn down really bad, and very rusty. The pads on the passenger side were completely gone.

Old brakes:

Hard to see, but that lip was so rusty, I could break chunks off by hand

Motorcraft pads, Raybestos wheel cylinders, and new springs and cables

Passenger side, hmm, maybe that was that sound I was hearing when braking?

New drums, painted with caliper/drum paint

My Kayline soft top arrived the other day, paid $140 shipped, but did not come with any bows, so I will have to make them. I did not get a great deal, but it is still way cheaper than buying a new one. I decided to toss it over the hard top to see how it looked.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:08 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Just a FYI. Your photos do not come up
Old 06-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Elder User

Photobucket just changed their terms of service, and now my images are locked unless I pay $400 a year.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Senior User

Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Move to Flickr.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Posting Guru

Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 Bronco View Post
Photobucket just changed their terms of service, and now my images are locked unless I pay $400 a year.
Damn that's lame! I have a bunch of stuff on photobucket I'll have to see if my old threads have that happen as well......

I moved to flickr a while back because photobucket was way too slow to get on and upload, but I still have my photos there. I also recommend flickr for future pictures. They seem easier and quicker to upload.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azryael View Post
Move to Flickr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones View Post
Damn that's lame! I have a bunch of stuff on photobucket I'll have to see if my old threads have that happen as well......

I moved to flickr a while back because photobucket was way too slow to get on and upload, but I still have my photos there. I also recommend flickr for future pictures. They seem easier and quicker to upload.
Just did that. I went back, and was able to edit my posts on this page, and add new pictures, but I can't go back any farther than that, and fix the rest of the thread. I am going to message a moderator and see if they can help me out

I have discovered that when you share your pictures from Flickr, it wants to make them a slideshow. If you delete the URL tags( [/url] ), and keep the IMG Tags ( [/img] ) it makes them a single picture, and bigger.

Picked up a NOS speaker kit at the swap meet last weekend, came with 4 brand new speakers, installation hardware, and grilles. My interior has black speaker grilles, and the rest of the interior is grey, so those got changed out, I think it matches a little better. The black speaker grilles must be aftermarket ones that Centurion used, because they are slightly different than the Ford ones I installed. They are the same dimensions, and the factory speaker attaches exactly the same though. Those, 2 NOS speakers, and hardware are for sale if anybody is interested.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Posting Guru

fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
I just load my pics straight into my thread. So much easier and faster than trying to host them and loose control of them.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Elder User

I used to do that, but I was having issues with it for a while. I have all the pictures on my phone, so it is nice that I can upload them with the app, and they won't take up space on my computer
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Senior User

Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
I used to do that, but I was having issues with it for a while. I have all the pictures on my phone, so it is nice that I can upload them with the app, and they won't take up space on my computer
This.

I've never had issues since switching to Flickr.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Hmmm. I wonder if all mine are like that too.

Edit: I just checked, all my photos are still there via photo bucket
Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Elder User

I would just like to say thank you to the moderators! They changed the rules, and we are now allowed to edit older posts. I have gone back and replaced all the pictures in this thread so you guys can see them again
Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Posting Guru

fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
Great job. The truck is looking good!