VIN: If you have one, can you track the order? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN: If you have one, can you track the order?

Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Senior User

JasonB1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
VIN: If you have one, can you track the order?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already...

Any info appreciated.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Elder User

Rasty1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty1 View Post
Thank you.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Senior User

Quote:
88357 are the last digits of my VIN. I couldn't get anything to come up on the website.

Better grab a Snickers...
Old 10-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Post Fiend

EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
ETIS is really only useful after your truck is built. It will show the build day usually one day after build day and then it populates with a lot of useful information a few days later. It will not help you to track your order in any other way. There are two sources of information that will tell you estimated build date range and ETA at the dealer. The dealer can get that information by simply running a Vehicle History Report. The second source is Ford Chat which is accessed from the vehicle build page. There's been lots of threads how to access Chat. You simply give them your VIN and they will tell you the order status and build date range and ETA when they are available.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
ETIS is really only useful after your truck is built. It will show the build day usually one day after build day and then it populates with a lot of useful information a few days later. It will not help you to track your order in any other way. There are two sources of information that will tell you estimated build date range and ETA at the dealer. The dealer can get that information by simply running a Vehicle History Report. The second source is Ford Chat which is accessed from the vehicle build page. There's been lots of threads how to access Chat. You simply give them your VIN and they will tell you the order status and build date range and ETA when they are available.
Thanks, I will give him a call today.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Official Ford Rep

FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already...

Any info appreciated.
Hello JasonB1,

My name is Tricia, and I知 one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. I replied to your message, and I値l be happy to lend a hand! Please PM your VIN, and I値l take a peek at your order.

Congrats on your purchase, and thanks for being a part of the Ford Family!

Tricia
Old 10-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Postmaster

Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.
I think I know my problem. I started the order process way to soon and also did too much research and assistance for others to help them get the correct answers for their builds. Oh well. Many of us should have waited until the last minute to order then FoMoCo would recognize us a valuable customers too.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Elder User

Rasty1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hello JasonB1,

My name is Tricia, and I’m one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. I replied to your message, and I’ll be happy to lend a hand! Please PM your VIN, and I’ll take a peek at your order.

Tricia
Tricia, see Rosales post ^^^^^^ if you want to help.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Senior User

Saluki_guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasalas View Post
I think I know my problem. I started the order process way to soon and also did too much research and assistance for others to help them get the correct answers for their builds. Oh well. Many of us should have waited until the last minute to order then FoMoCo would recognize us a valuable customers too.

I see what you did there!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Postmaster

Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.Rasalas has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Tricia, see Rosales post ^^^^^^ if you want to help.
Thanks Mike but after having gone all the way to the top in Dearborn about the plight of all of us with early orders I am sure there may be people inbetween who care but management just looks at the best way to crunch the numbers.

I tried to reach Henry in my dreams last night but he sent me away stating it was not in his control and not on his watch.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Posting Guru

bronc71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hello JasonB1,

My name is Tricia, and I知 one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. I replied to your message, and I値l be happy to lend a hand! Please PM your VIN, and I値l take a peek at your order.

Tricia
Is there someone that does this for Canadian orders as well?
Thanks Marc
Old 10-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Thanks, I will give him a call today.
Ever hear back from your new friend at FoMoCo customer service? I hope I didn't scare her away!
Old 10-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasalas View Post
Ever hear back from your new friend at FoMoCo customer service? I hope I didn't scare her away!
Yes sir!

Truck is being built 11/3, delivered 11/24. (If all goes well).

This will be my fifth Ford truck and I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:18 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Yes sir!

Truck is being built 11/3, delivered 11/24. (If all goes well).

This will be my fifth Ford truck and I'm really looking forward to it.
Great! Glad she could straighten things out for you.