New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

New Member from the East Coast of Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:36 AM
2Door
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from the East Coast of Canada

Hey guys;

Long time lurker, finally felt I wanted to start posting on here. First off, I'm from the East Coast of Canada. Currently, I'm sporting an 86 F150 that acts as an oversized, white yard ornament.

Spec's on the truck are: Fuel Injected 302, AOD Auto, 2wd Lariat Explorer, regular cab long box, originally white and Grey with the red interior.

Story on the truck; We've always been a Ford family. my father bought the truck new in 86 as a leftover in November. Drove it as a DD for a few years, I was born in 89, continued to use the truck as a second vehicle, family got bigger again with my brother in 91, truck slowly fell to the backburner, parked in the garage around 96, bought by a relative and thought it was gone. Fast forward to 2006, relative moves west, sells the truck back to Dad, painted and partially restored. Since both my brother and I were older and not dependant on them for transportation, truck goes back to Dad as a DD. I drove it regularly through high-school, then university. Around 2011, the partial restoration was showing its shortcuts and the truck slid downhill again. Finally parked in the yard around 2013. Since then, Dad bought a 2006 to reg cab 4wd with a 4.6 (can't get away from the Fords) as a driver/worktruck, bought himself a 2016 Mustang GT Premium as a fun/maintenance free play Car, mom has a Jeep Liberty and the 86 is sitting. That's changing over this winter.

Joining this site had two purposes; over the winter, I want to get the 86 back to driver status. I love that truck, they are getting more classic now and I miss having a reg cab truck to tool around in during the summer. Since Dad has the 06, the 86 doesn't have to be ready on Monday every week, meaning it can get properly maintained and won't be a priority to "just get done". I'm going to pick away at it over the winter... it's a special horse in the stable.

Second purpose is for me. Currently, I have a big Jeep Wrangler (2011 2 door JK Rubicon 6 speed, 2.5" lift, 36" Interco TSL's, 5.38's, blah blah) that is getting pretty miserable to drive long distances. We took it on a trip this summer 6 hours away, drove that weekend, then drove home. It was on the drive home that I said "I need a tow rig". Between packing 3 days worth of camping gear, trail tools, spare parts, etc into a two door Jeep and the stress on the trail of breaks, plus the stress of roadside breaks, I want a truck. Currently looking for a bullnose IDI truck that I'll make reliable while I'm working on dad's. Since that generation didn't seem to have any differences between the half tons to one tons, it will be easy to parts search and swap.

So the 86 is going to be started when the Mustang goes away in storage. Free garage space is pretty important and dinging that would probably make him a little mad.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro, looking forward to all the resource that this site has to offer.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:55 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here
Tony