2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

First new awesome mod on my first new awesome Ford Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 03:36 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How do you stick them on straight? At price of tough skins I would hope they would last long time and be able to tweak them before finally setting like a cell phone screen protector.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:00 PM
VancouverSD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are half the price. Decals last forever. Use water to apply them. I did it in the rain and it was super easy

Old 10-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great looking and thanks for the site to get them. My truck is White Gold with Caribou accent, so want to do them in caribou.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
TUF SKINZ
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Luckyc1423;16664935]How do these differ from tuffskinz?

what I worry about is if it is a "sticker" I will for sure install it sideways or with a bubble.

is it like wrapping a car were you have time to move it around as long as it is still wet, once it dries it is stuck on place?[/QU

@Luckyc1423 You're definitely not putting too much thought into it especially when it involves your truck lol. The difference between ours and a vinyl guy is that we manufacture ours with a domed coat of automotive grade resin to preserve quality and also give a raised bold look.

Think of it like if you were to hold a regular sheet of paper up on one corner it is flimsy and blows in the wind, that is what the vinyl letters will do which makes it much harder to install, prone to get air bubbles and stretching (That's why many vinyl guys give you an extra set because it's cheap and harder to install)
In comparison our Super Duty Inserts are stiff like cardboard but still flexible making it impossible to trap air and much easier to install because your not dealing with thin paper that stretches and traps air. We believe our craft and quality standards are what makes us stand out!

Our product has multiple layers starting with 3M foam adhesive(Same as what all car manufacturers use to adhere name badges), then we use real substrates(REAL Carbon Fiber, ABS, Chrome, Aluminum, Many more) which sets us apart from other venders using vinyl. Finished with automotive grade resin, Our process has been tested and passed for many OEM manufacturers and take quality very serious as should your truck accessories.

Check out some of the customer pictures/Reviews on this thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...r-inserts.html

Ask them how easy it is to install, No Soapy water, NO air bubbles, No stretching!
Also if you were to have any issue at all,(Yet to have one) we make sure you are 100% satisfied with your inserts! Proudly Manufacture In USA! Thanks for Asking!

Old 11-07-2016, 04:19 PM
VancouverSD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen the bubbly ones before. I had them on my Mustang back in the day. They blew off in a pressure water after 2 washes and you get dirt between the letters. I swapped them out for decals and they are still on my car and looking new for over 10 years.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:34 PM
HoustonianDale
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
The truck looks better without all of that. The embossed lettering is an understated cool feature. The whole thing is too big to have contrasting lettering. Changing the color of the blue oval is somehow un-American! Seriously though, the black oval is not bad, but does not really look much different. Enough has been said about the red.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:45 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another happy customer of pestyphil@gmail.com for my emblem overlays.
I'm not a hater of the blue but in my opinion it doesn't work with Caribou.
Very pleased with how this came out, more in line with the black/chrome side fender F350 emblems.

Attached Images   
Old 08-18-2018, 01:26 AM
tuff4rd
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Another happy customer of pestyphil@gmail.com for my emblem overlays.
I'm not a hater of the blue but in my opinion it doesn't work with Caribou.
Very pleased with how this came out, more in line with the black/chrome side fender F350 emblems.
Looks awesome! How well is it holding up? Does the vendor have a website?

Old 08-18-2018, 05:04 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the Ford Blue emblem normally but the black decals are also looking great.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:34 AM
jbrnigan
More Turbo
Received 130 Likes on 58 Posts
Old 08-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Hackenbush
Laughing Gas

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by VancouverSD
I've seen the bubbly ones before. I had them on my Mustang back in the day. They blew off in a pressure water after 2 washes and you get dirt between the letters. I swapped them out for decals and they are still on my car and looking new for over 10 years.
I’ve had my Tuf Skinz on for over 2 years without any issues and plenty of pressue washes. The decals look cheep compared. Garage door took a fall, took the paint off but the letter took the blow without any sigh of damage. Tuff Skinz are worth every penny.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:21 AM
V-22 Osprey
Mountain Pass
Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Looks great! Is this a decal also?

Originally Posted by jbrnigan

Old 08-18-2018, 08:32 AM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by V-22 Osprey
Looks great! Is this a decal also?
That does look great. @jbrnigan, where did you get it?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:30 AM
jbrnigan
More Turbo
Received 130 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
That does look great. @jbrnigan, where did you get it?
https://www.ebay.com/str/cargear I am very happy with the quality, ease of installation and "look". That Big Blue Oval at both ends of the truck was just too much!

Old 08-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Thank you for the link. Just made the purchase myself!

Quick Reply: First new awesome mod on my first new awesome Ford Super Duty