Wow, I just realized something FTE has set up regarding forwarding of comments outside the site!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 06:27 AM
WTF250
Cross-Country
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I just realized something FTE has set up regarding forwarding of comments outside the site!

I have an item for sale on Facebook Marketplace and a prospective buyer asked me whether a 90 bed could be transferred to a 01 frame. I went to FTE to ask if anybody knew the particulars and copied the message to Facebook Messenger. FTE dropped an automatic link in Facebook Messenger to here! How cool is that? Just wanted to let everybody know who might not know.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-19-2022, 11:01 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Received 749 Likes on 683 Posts
That's pretty cool. If I understand correctly, I believe that is FB that is doing the automatic link addition. Still, pretty cool.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:39 PM
WTF250
Cross-Country
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Today I was on FB Marketplace and just typed ford-trucks.com and it put the link in below the message. I had thought it was because I had forwarded a link.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:51 AM
rsrjle
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good info, thanks for the share. Definitely have to keep that in mind.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:30 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
My question as a long, long time dissenter of all this "facebook" nonsense how do we cancel or block FTE from doing this? I don't need it, will never use it and I see it as an invasion of privacy of sorts.

The following 2 users liked this post by JWA:
Old 08-27-2023, 05:59 PM
IB JT
Internet Brands
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
My question as a long, long time dissenter of all this "facebook" nonsense how do we cancel or block FTE from doing this? I don't need it, will never use it and I see it as an invasion of privacy of sorts.
The function of copy/paste a link inside the Facebook messenger, and it auto embedding, is a function of their app. We have no control over how Facebook messenger works. If someone copy/pastes the link in the app, they're providing the info.

Old 08-28-2023, 04:24 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by IB JT
The function of copy/paste a link inside the Facebook messenger, and it auto embedding, is a function of their app. We have no control over how Facebook messenger works. If someone copy/pastes the link in the app, they're providing the info.
Okay then----as long as its something that needs initiating and nothing "automatic" or uncontrollable by an FTE user.

Old 09-15-2023, 09:18 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
Okay then----as long as its something that needs initiating and nothing "automatic" or uncontrollable by an FTE user.
It is possible to add FB to your router and blackhole the entire domain. Works great but if someone links anything to FB in a post it won't load.
Friends that come over hate it but I tell them they can always use their phones data if it's that big of a deal to them.

Old 09-16-2023, 05:30 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by dustyroad
It is possible to add FB to your router and blackhole the entire domain. Works great but if someone links anything to FB in a post it won't load.
Friends that come over hate it but I tell them they can always use their phones data if it's that big of a deal to them.
Thanks but my going to FB almost never happens so and if something is linked only to FB I simply ignore it---IMHO its just not worth wasting my time. I never allow anyone other than myself to use my PC so that would be their problem---I ain't running a Cyber Cafe!

Old 02-13-2024, 06:55 PM
Papa Tiger
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts
Just another dead mule. Check it in 3 or 4 days, see if it disappears.