Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

looking for a Diesel Mechanic in Wenatchee

Old 10-13-2016, 12:55 PM
erik_bishop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for a Diesel Mechanic in Wenatchee

I am looking for a good and fair diesel mechanic in wenatchee.

I recently moved down to Leavenworth from Alaska, and i dont have a mechanic any more to take care of the repairs and fixes that i dont have time for or cant do myself.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
@Tugly is in your area and may be able to assist with some shop names.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Good and fair - but not cheap. Joe at Custom Diesel Performance knows his stuff, as does Matt at the Ford dealership. There is another guy in Cashmere or Dryden - but I can't remember his name. If you ask the guys at Just Differentials dot com in Cashmere, or the driveshaft shop in South Wenatchee, they can give you his name.

When it comes to oddball vibrations in the vehicle, I've had the best luck with Shull's in Brewster. Most of the mechanics around here either ignore vibrations, or just figure it's part of owning an older truck. I say we don't have to put up with shake rattle and roll, and Shull's is the only mechanic around here that can really isolate the root cause(s).

When it comes to front-end alignments, Angler's (close to Hooked On Toys - the mecca of all manly toys) is the only place that's nailed it so far (twice in a row) - and I've tried a lot of shops/tire places with utter failure.

I think Costco is the best support for tires and batteries - nobody else around here knows how to run a tire balancer. Les Schwab is the absolute worst place to get anything for our trucks, but I still take all my other vehicles there. I'm not saying they do shoddy work or have a bad product - but there is something about an 8000 pound Ford that just trips them up every time.

There is no one-stop shopping for a diesel here - everybody specializes. Hell, even the dealership subs out the driveline work.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:12 PM
erik_bishop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tugly,
thank you for the info, i will defenelty give Joe at Custom Diesel and the guy in Cashmere or Dryden a call when i get back home in two weeks from work.
I really appriciate the contact info.
thanks