Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
5 Fords Not Available in the U.S.

5 Fords Not Available in the U.S.
by Brett Foote

Old 10-10-2016, 04:37 PM
WordyBirdy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super interesting cause you would think Ford (Being based in the US) would have at it and release all their cars to us too

Old 11-15-2017, 03:49 PM
seaves46
Laughing Gas
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts
I can tell you for a fact that Ford Australia tried to send our Falcon utes and sedans to the USA .
It was ford America that stopped it from happening , and I can tell you that americans would have loved our cars .
Now it will never happen , as ford US has shut down all manufacturing in Australia .

Old 04-05-2018, 07:40 AM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
so have all the other co.s - what's up wid dat?
Has the government made it so the domestics can catch up - "Kick em Out" so U guys can build up?
(BTW: I've all ways wanted some of the Oz products - x-flow i6, holden utes, etc).

Old 01-31-2019, 04:22 PM
upanddownau
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the Ford Falcon 6GE Turbo was one of the best performing Ford motors ever made by Ford in OZ. It had bags of power, toque and reliability, even outperforming the V8 turbo. Ford US got rid of Jac Nasser (also from Oz) and then stopped producing cars because the government wouldn't subsidise their tax free profits. The Ranger Ute although a reasonable product, have inbuilt asian produced quality issues and Ford in OZ have become arrogant and insular to the point where they fob off any design issues to the dealers to handle customer complaints. Ford in Australia always had woeful marketing and blamed the small size of the Australian market and the ultra competitive nature as the major reason for stopping production. We often wonder if Trump was on the Ford Board and if their profit based tears were needing donations of handkerchiefs from the Australian motoring public. Great product shame, about the management

Old 02-11-2021, 06:49 AM
IndySilverAnny
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
What about a true 4-door Ranger?
This one was supposedly a Mexican import.
I think this wouldv'e sold great here.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6630906700955/

Old 02-11-2021, 09:53 AM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
a wording change from "would" to "currently could"
During capitalistic good times (success) the companies offer more "niche` type" of autos (smaller production numbers, diversity) to
the public. The smaller pick up has all ways hada following. My bet? they could get out plenty right now...would they make any money?
I suspect not. Even the new bronk probably hasa a pretty thin margin (esp in 'unadorned' models)...

Old 02-11-2021, 10:01 AM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
seaves:
"...ford US has shut down..."
(I think the right shoe is on the left foot).
That was an Oz decision as ALL the companies R out (Toy, ford, etc).
Can't tell if that's for Oz to build their in-nation co.s, swap to EV production
(or use) or exactly what. I have asked but not gotten answrs. It started well B4
our 'faulty Prez" came to office. Perhapse "Up'n Down Oz" can offer some info abt that?

What say U brother frm acc the seas?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:10 PM
upanddownau
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Orstalia doesn't prop up profits anymore

In response to the comments above - interesting overview - Ford Australia still maintain a vast factory site in North of Melbourne for what reason? A transport magnate offered to buy the plant lock stock and barrel but Ford knocked him back whereas GM's old sites have been mostly partially sold off and they have a presence in minor buildings only. Toyota have sold off a major portion of their equipment so indications are that all the major manufacturers will stay out of OZ until the goverments give them gigantic subsidies and taxpayer funded benefits. Vehicles built in Thailand (ford, Nissan etc) cost around 30% less - One senior politican once boasted Australian Auto workers were the highest paid in the world (when he was a union boss) and look where that got the workers 5 years later. Autos will always be needed to move the bulk of the population around as Government's are loath to improve public transport systems for fear of cutting into their benefits and perks, so Auto makers are always going to build vehicles and to maintain profit margins they will always seek out governments anxious to develop their economies and job potentials and willing to subsidise the manufacturers by allowing lower wages despite more and more automation being implemented. Auto manufacturers are the epitomy of profit, profit, profit and whether or not electric, hydrogen, cow dung, atomic powered vehicles are made in the future, manufacturing vehicles for profit and therefor the cheapest labour cost and the higest subsidies will always prevail - maybe the USA could see total shutdowns in the future too?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:24 PM
seaves46
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by chrlsful
seaves:
"...ford US has shut down..."
(I think the right shoe is on the left foot).
That was an Oz decision as ALL the companies R out (Toy, ford, etc).
Can't tell if that's for Oz to build their in-nation co.s, swap to EV production
(or use) or exactly what. I have asked but not gotten answrs. It started well B4
our 'faulty Prez" came to office. Perhapse "Up'n Down Oz" can offer some info abt that?

What say U brother frm acc the seas?
The decision to shut down Ford Australia was a decision made by Ford USA , pure and simple .
Even when Ford Australia wanted to develop and build new models the decision was always made by Ford USA , as they had final say on funding .

Old 02-12-2021, 07:35 PM
muhford
Posting Guru
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
When I was a kid in the 90's I remember seeing El Caminos all the time and I dreamt about buying one when I got older. Well now that I'm older I haven't seen one on the road in many years and I never see them for sale. There is one parked in an alley in my neighborhood and it's completely rusted out.

It would be nice to see Ford Utes in the US. If Ford marketed them correctly they could be a hit.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:52 PM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
"...maybe the USA could see...in future..."
no, backwards I believe. We went thru it B4 Oz. Hada different outcome - our Rust Belt.
Gov hada 'go the other way" & subsidize corps to stay open (to big to fail).

I asked U originally cuz I C -0- in the press, only on my 'truck/car clubs' like here.

So (
) let me get this straight. All the auto co.s pulled out cuz the subsidies vanished? They held he gov hostage & Oz refused to B blackmailed?
GOOD On 'Em MATE !!!

Old 07-23-2021, 05:13 AM
EricJ
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
HOW COME nobody is commenting on this?

Old 07-23-2021, 05:18 AM
seaves46
Laughing Gas
Smile

Originally Posted by EricJ
HOW COME nobody is commenting on this?
Ok i will , it looks horrible .

Old 07-23-2021, 06:55 AM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
there were some Mexican oddities back then (when ford - were they the 1st in THAT era?) began to make the upscale trucks w/this gen ('73/9). I see these made into surburban style vehicles, these things & more. R U familiar with 'coach built' where the maj manafacturer hasa co next door to their plant, but independently, make a different model of their products right after the factory - I'm not talkin post dealer, dealier or other. So many diff 'arrangements' the big 3 have/had like NDK assembled on the foriegn shore once arriving (nock down kits) and others below the public's eye (& I'm 'the publicc') that I can't keep track of them all. All the chicken tax beaters (mini p/u the Japanese shipped us w/o the bed on as a 'rule beater' to duck the import fee usa set to give our vehicles a break on competetion from these hot sales items). Subie BRAT w/seats in the bed to claim "this is not a p/u truck, but qualifies asa sedan".

Was this (link) something a buncha yahoos put together? or a sanctioned model? IDK...

Quick Reply: 5 Fords Not Available in the U.S.