2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Things on the 2017 that you don't like.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:21 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Things on the 2017 that you don't like.

First and foremost, you cannot retract your side mirrors with the truck off like my 2011.

Don't like on the sync three, you can't say previous destination and it gives you those options to select from.

Seems the AC has to work harder to keep the cabin cool.

The AC vents have to be precisely aimed to be effective.

The chilled seats seem to come on at different levels without being touched or adjusted,once the truck is started...maybe it my memory loss.

Small jump seat in rear rises and if you put contents behind it, won't stay up due to the fact that objects are Behind it.

Probably got more, but I'm tired.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 PM
vitacura
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, so far for me, I don't like the wait for my order to get built and delivered.

Hope I don't have a big list of things I don't like when it finally does arrive.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=srkr;16593992]First and foremost, you cannot retract your side mirrors with the truck off like my 2011.

Seriously?? Why would Ford change that. Someone also mentioned a small barrier between the window buttons on the driver's side....sure enough...the 11 you can roll down both windows with one finger.....will the "barrier" keep that from happening on the 17??? One step forward....tow steps back.....LOL

Old 09-22-2016, 09:36 PM
finchturf
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't like that the power points all go off with the key...

Old 09-22-2016, 09:36 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Lower rated axle on the new stronger truck, no increase in GVWR. I'm sure the truck is great though. I'll finally get to test drive a F350 dually on Saturday if it's still at the dealer. They got 3 this week and 2 have already sold.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Force74
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2009kr
Lower rated axle on the new stronger truck, no increase in GVWR. I'm sure the truck is great though. I'll finally get to test drive a F350 dually on Saturday if it's still at the dealer. They got 3 this week and 2 have already sold.
I agree. It's my only complaint. Love the truck.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Highjumper
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the truck overall. Don't like the thin headlight dial and the hard-to-find dash dimming buttons, which are hard to find and reach at night when you're trying to dim the lights.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:00 AM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
I had a 2010 F350 Lariat Ultimate that I traded for a 2015 F150 XLT Sport Appearance FX4 5.0. I like all the improvements on the F150 EXCEPT that it's a dog, can't tow to save its life and has minimal payload capability. The interior creature comforts are much better than the old Lariat even though it's a lower trim truck. Based on that I'm sure that I'm going to love the new F350 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate I have ordered since I'll have my payload capability, tow ability and power all back and leaps and bounds more of it compared to the old 6.4.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:59 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are there buttons on the dash for the seat heat/cool?

Might be the most hated thing on my current truck, the only way to turn on the seats is to use the flat panel screen.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj

Might be the most hated thing on my current truck, the only way to turn on the seats is to use the flat panel screen.
the kr i test drove on tuesday had buttons in the dash for both.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:26 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
My only gripe after 700 miles is that it didn't come with a case of beer and a visit with the Swedish Bikini team. No issues with me.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well I wish I had mine here to look her over, but I tend to look at things I like.....

Old 09-23-2016, 07:45 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Highjumper
Love the truck overall. Don't like the thin headlight dial and the hard-to-find dash dimming buttons, which are hard to find and reach at night when you're trying to dim the lights.
Seconding this... the headlight dial I don't really care much about, it's effective and normally on "auto", but the dash dimming buttons are not easy to use while also driving.

Originally Posted by Kenv
Someone also mentioned a small barrier between the window buttons on the driver's side....sure enough...the 11 you can roll down both windows with one finger....
People read my senseless ramblings! Whoa!

In addition to the complaints I'd mentioned before...

I wish I could roll up the windows from the key fob, but rolling them down is really nice.

The steering is slow, I find myself constantly spinning the steering wheel to make turns where I've never noticed that on any of the trucks I've used before (which were mostly GM).

The upfitter switches are not hot when the truck is in accessory... actually I don't know why they bothered with an accessory position, though it does let me roll the windows up.

It's quite tall.

The 6r100 doesn't like second gear. When launching from a not-quite stop with no load it'll jump from third down to first and jolt you a bit, where if it'd down shift to second on occasion it wouldn't have that issue.
Still much smoother than my dad's 2001 Chevy Allison.

While I'm planning to add a camera when I change out the bed, parking it without a rear camera's a pain, and I feel like I'm longer than I am, regularly stopping a couple feet shy of my garage door.

The key fob. Really it's just awful. It's as large as everything I used to keep on my keychain combined, plus some. The buttons are Texas-sized, and a bit too easy to hit, especially the panic button which amazingly I haven't set off on accident yet. The flip out key is 90 degrees off from what it should be... it's properly awful. I'm going to try to disassemble one and reassemble it properly... there's got to be a better way.

Otherwise the truck's awesome It's got the take anything anywhere ability that I was looking for, and it looks good while doing it. Fuel economy's right in line with what I expected, even a bit better in the city, but falls off fast about about 75 MPH. Upfitter switches are extremely nice and easy to set up. Transfer case is easy to shift. Vinyl floor is surprisingly nice. A/C has plenty of oompf for my extended cab. The ability to trickle air in through all three vents at the same time is kinda nice when just trying to maintain a temperature, expect I'll love that this winter... I'm just nitpicking above.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:30 AM
invstr55
Senior User
Originally Posted by ruschejj

Yes, buttons at bottom of center stack.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:32 AM
invstr55
Senior User
all of the side warning radar shuts off when you connect 5th wheel trailer.. big part of the appeal of this truck was additional warnings of side traffic.

Quick Reply: Things on the 2017 that you don't like.