My "new" truck - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

My "new" truck

Old 09-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
My "new" truck

Some of you may recognize my login name from the 48-56 forum. I have been working for 5 years on a 51 F4 over there.

Well, my son is buying that truck, so I got what I've been wanting for 30 years, a truck "like" my Daddy's 65 F100. I had trouble finding one near me that I would want, so today I looked for F250s in my area. I found this one and drove it home this afternoon. I will be asking stupid rookie questions about this one just as I did in the other forum about the F4. Hope you guys are as patient as they are.

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:45 PM
robertrpeak
Freshman User
robertrpeak is starting off with a positive reputation.
Doesn't look like it needs anything, drive it!!! Very nice..

Robert

Old 09-08-2016, 05:52 PM
My1964ford
Senior User
My1964ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Awesome truck!

Old 09-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robertrpeak View Post
Doesn't look like it needs anything, drive it!!! Very nice..

Robert
Originally Posted by My1964ford View Post
Awesome truck!
Thanks guys. I drove it home about a 45 mile trip on the freeway, and I'm very happy with it. The 352 is backed up with a Mustang T5 5-speed. I was cruising at 55 (didn't want to go fast on the first run) and taching about 1800 rpm in 5th.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM
speedyweasel
Senior User
speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You know, new truck posts without engine pics are like "those" magazines without the part that makes you turn them sideways.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:44 PM
knucklecars
Senior User
knucklecars is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very nice truck....I like the 5speed tranny that's awesome!...

Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
You know, new truck posts without engine pics are like "those" magazines without the part that makes you turn them sideways.
OK, you're right.

Originally Posted by knucklecars View Post
Very nice truck....I like the 5speed tranny that's awesome!...
Thanks knucklecars. So far, I like it too.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:20 PM
6t6merc
Posting Guru
6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6t6merc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow! Love the colours!

Old 09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by 6t6merc View Post
Wow! Love the colours!
Thanks. I'm quite pleased with it after just one afternoon.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Koomz
Freshman User
Koomz is starting off with a positive reputation.
gawgeous buy!

Old 09-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by Koomz View Post
gawgeous buy!
Thank you. It's a 20 foot paint job, but the truck was built in San Jose, and I have found only some surface rust so far. Even the front of the bed is clean.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:23 PM
speedyweasel
Senior User
speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Parts are a LITTLE BIT easier to come by on those "new" and "light" trucks. They have these things called 'CATALOGS' that contain parts that are 'readily available.' Now I know that may be hard to believe since you're accustomed to being told to buy junkyard RV wheels and praying another FTE member has a spare... but some of these things for your spring chicken here are available NEW!

I love the seat. I know there's a lot to see and a lot to love about the truck but my eyes keep going back to the freshly reupholstered seat. The steering column will annoy you until you correct it, but the other little nagging things don't detract from it at all. It's a solid truck. Can't believe how cleanly that door closes... no rattle. No slop. Just :clunk:

It's a nice truck.

A good truck.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
Parts are a LITTLE BIT easier to come by on those "new" and "light" trucks. They have these things called 'CATALOGS' that contain parts that are 'readily available.' Now I know that may be hard to believe since you're accustomed to being told to buy junkyard RV wheels and praying another FTE member has a spare... but some of these things for your spring chicken here are available NEW!

I love the seat. I know there's a lot to see and a lot to love about the truck but my eyes keep going back to the freshly reupholstered seat. The steering column will annoy you until you correct it, but the other little nagging things don't detract from it at all. It's a solid truck. Can't believe how cleanly that door closes... no rattle. No slop. Just :clunk:

It's a nice truck.

A good truck.
That seat is exceptionally nice. When I saw the color in the pics, I thought I might change it. But after I sat on it I was sold. It's nothing like the seat in the F4. That one isn't bad, but this one is sweet. They rebuilt it right.

I've already been parts shopping on LMC, Mac's and Dennis Carpenter. I have their older model catalogs for the earlier truck (which you can have), but I usually just shop online. It's easier to find things and comparison shop that way.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:55 PM
TA455HO
Postmaster
TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.
Interesting truck. Looks like a Custom Cab, but some things aren't quite correct and no sweep speedo. It's got the hood emblem of a six cylinder but running a V-8. Radiator support has been painted body color. Overall, though, it looks like a solid truck.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by TA455HO View Post
Interesting truck. Looks like a Custom Cab, but some things aren't quite correct and no sweep speedo. It's got the hood emblem of a six cylinder but running a V-8. Radiator support has been painted body color. Overall, though, it looks like a solid truck.

Yes, a tree fell on the original hood, so that's a replacement. I was unaware there was a 6 cyl and V8 emblem, so thanks for pointing that out. I'm learning already.

I have no idea about the speedo. I did know the radiator support is supposed to be black. I may get around to that someday. I just plan to get it insured and drive it for now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My "new" truck

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.