Best Shop Manual - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Shop Manual

Old 08-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Senior User

PSU4ME is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best Shop Manual

What is your opinion on the best shop manual for our trucks?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Post Fiend

madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Factory, hands down. Haynes, Chilton, etc. are all too generic/vague. I used to consult Haynes manuals because they often had alternatives for expensive "special tools", and alternative procedures for some repairs. But that was before the advent of Internet forums like this, where you can get that kind of information much more readily. So I hit the FSMs for the "orthodox" info, and then spend way too much time on these forums researching alternatives / experience.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Senior User

PSU4ME is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you, where is the best place to get the firs service manuals?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Posting Guru

Jarrett Campbell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Postmaster

nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett Campbell View Post
Any way there is a single pdf linked out there for the entire thing?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Senior User

163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.
Helm Incorporated: Search Results= Heres the ford site but only has elect manual now.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Factory, hands down. Haynes, Chilton, etc. are all too generic/vague. I used to consult Haynes manuals because they often had alternatives for expensive "special tools", and alternative procedures for some repairs. But that was before the advent of Internet forums like this, where you can get that kind of information much more readily. So I hit the FSMs for the "orthodox" info, and then spend way too much time on these forums researching alternatives / experience.

Totally agree with that, I bougth Haynes, Chilton and some CD and when I found this site and some other once in a while, I forget that I have them and I dont use them anymore.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Post Fiend

madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold
Paper FSMs do come up on eBay regularly. Be prepared to break the piggy bank.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Posting Guru

knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.
between this site, info collected on wiring and the online manual Jarret has linked to, I have almost everything I need so far. Maybe I should make a dropbox account of stuff.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Posting Guru

Jarrett Campbell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
between this site, info collected on wiring and the online manual Jarret has linked to, I have almost everything I need so far. Maybe I should make a dropbox account of stuff.
If you don't want to, you can forward it to me and I can put it in the same spot I have my cad drawings