1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Great day in nor cal , FTE lunch meet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:02 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Great day in nor cal , FTE lunch meet.

I had the opportunity to meet schoo, and burnettd01, (both FTE members) for a very nice lunch today. It was great, I not only got to finally stretch the legs on my truck (for 50 miles each way), a little more than just going to the Post Office, but also got to meet two very swell guys. I'm kind of shy and was a little scared at first pulling in to the restaurant, but almost immediately I was put at ease, and it was like I had had known them for ever. We talked and talked over and after a wonderful lunch for about two hours talking about what ????? Trucks of course silly. Any way I just wanted to share our little meet, in hopes that other members that arnt all that far from each other might meet up for a cup of coffee, or something like that. You wont be sorry. What a pleasurable day, thanks Dan and Roy for inviting me, Im looking forward to the next time we can get together.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:59 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
I had the opportunity to meet schoo, and burnettd01, (both FTE members) for a very nice lunch today. It was great, I not only got to finally stretch the legs on my truck (for 50 miles each way), a little more than just going to the Post Office, but also got to meet two very swell guys. I'm kind of shy and was a little scared at first pulling in to the restaurant, but almost immediately I was put at ease, and it was like I had had known them for ever. We talked and talked over and after a wonderful lunch for about two hours talking about what ????? Trucks of course silly. Any way I just wanted to share our little meet, in hopes that other members that arnt all that far from each other might meet up for a cup of coffee, or something like that. You wont be sorry. What a pleasurable day, thanks Dan and Roy for inviting me, Im looking forward to the next time we can get together.
We need a pic Jim

Old 08-07-2016, 09:43 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Sounds like a great time! Hopefully you NorCal guys can do more of these, with more finished trucks!

Old 08-07-2016, 06:52 PM
burnettd01
Laughing Gas
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Lunch with Jim and Roy

Jim
I had a wonderful time meeting with you and Roy for lunch. We talked for around two hours about our trucks and things. Hope to do it again soon.

Take care

Dan

Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by burnettd01
Jim
I had a wonderful time meeting with you and Roy for lunch. We talked for around two hours about our trucks and things. Hope to do it again soon.

Take care

Dan
Rite back at you , on the trip home I had a little "Drunken Monkey" syndrome, but like I told Roy, I think it's from not noticing the floor jack was under tie rod when I replaced my front brakes. I probably didn't notice it at lower speeds but I was pushing 80 @ going back and it was definitely there LOL. I just ordered a new heavy duty one with new t/r ends while I was at it. I'm still sore from the trip, but it was definitely worth it, and am looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully in a straight line. Ha,ha! Thanks for a great day.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
It's great you guys were able to get together.
I have only met a couple of FTE members and it been fantastic. It's nice to talk with people that can understand this sickness.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:15 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's awesome, .....a great pic of a cool truck and two friendly looking guys.