North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

NFTE FALL FLING

Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
That would be pretty epic if you did. That's a good haul for sure. If you did I got you covered with food and camping fees. You'd be in charge of your beverages. We can work out the details over text or phone. I'd get a list and hit the store for us. I'll send you a message. Cool that you're even pondering it.
I drove 5 hrs each way to spend a weekend in Chesnee, SC hanging with a bunch of guys

Was supposed to be 12 guys eating breakfast at Strawberry Hill; I show up and the next morning there was 32 people sitting together.

Definitely considering it though

Old 09-16-2016, 08:33 AM
quest4reds
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok fellas, ladies and G-string wearers, I submitted my leave form for this weekend, and am planning to join the festivities. Looking at the campground site map, sites 4 and 8 look to be the closest to the group, only difference I see is site 4 is a pull through and site 8 is a back in, no worries there. From those who have been there before, what would your preference be?

Oh yeah, and I'll have my boat with me, and perhaps a couple kayaks (if anybody would like to use one, please let me know, I'd rather not bring them if they won't get used). I am going to try my darndest to bring my truck but still have a couple issues I need to address before making a trip like this (I'll put a question and some details on the works thread). Guess I should figure something out to cook too, assuming we do some kind of group meal get together?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by quest4reds
Ok fellas, ladies and G-string wearers, I submitted my leave form for this weekend, and am planning to join the festivities. Looking at the campground site map, sites 4 and 8 look to be the closest to the group, only difference I see is site 4 is a pull through and site 8 is a back in, no worries there. From those who have been there before, what would your preference be?

Oh yeah, and I'll have my boat with me, and perhaps a couple kayaks (if anybody would like to use one, please let me know, I'd rather not bring them if they won't get used). I am going to try my darndest to bring my truck but still have a couple issues I need to address before making a trip like this (I'll put a question and some details on the works thread). Guess I should figure something out to cook too, assuming we do some kind of group meal get together?
8 was one of the ones we grabbed last time. ***** was on it. Close enough. I don't remember seeing 4 but since it's on the side by the lake, well, I'm sure it would have easy access to fishing there. 8 was definitely back in, but I think there was enough space to back a car and trailer. I know on 10 there was.

Also found out it's the weekend of the Jeep Jamboree, they will probably be in the group camp site. But the trails should be packed.

Matt will you try to bring your son's dirt-bike? If you need a hand getting it there, let us know. One of us can probably help. I'll have enough room on my trailer to haul it I think.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:12 AM
quest4reds
Senior User
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Matt will you try to bring your son's dirt-bike? If you need a hand getting it there, let us know. One of us can probably help. I'll have enough room on my trailer to haul it I think.

Thanks for the info on the sites, I'll probably just reserve site 8 since it's closer to the group.

Don't think I'll have the kids with me, the ex will have them that weekend. And, once again, his dirt-bike isn't running again. It's been one thing after another with this thing, but I only paid $300 for it so I'm not really surprised.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:41 AM
quest4reds
Senior User
Site 8 reserved!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Glad to see your trying to make it to the Fall Camping trip

Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM
quest4reds
Senior User
I'd like to get the jeep loaded on Thursday or sooner, so we can get down there earlier on Friday, hit the shooting range perhaps? Any body else want to try that on Friday?
I want to try that.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by quest4reds
Thanks for the info on the sites, I'll probably just reserve site 8 since it's closer to the group.

Don't think I'll have the kids with me, the ex will have them that weekend. And, once again, his dirt-bike isn't running again. It's been one thing after another with this thing, but I only paid $300 for it so I'm not really surprised.
My friend in Raeford is a Motorcycle mechanic, if you just want to take it somewhere and have it repaired. Let me know and I will get you the information.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Also, Matt, if you want to meet us for Lunch on Friday, we are planning on hitting up the Chuck Wagon in Carthage. It'll add about 30 minutes to your drive.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 PM
quest4reds
Senior User
Also, Matt, if you want to meet us for Lunch on Friday, we are planning on hitting up the Chuck Wagon in Carthage. It'll add about 30 minutes to your drive.
Sounds good, what time you planning on meeting there?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
For those interested, I'd like to plan a convoy out, I believe on Friday. Should hopefully be on the road by around 10 or 11. Planning Hot Dogs at the Chuck Wagon in Carthage for lunch. Shooting range probably around 2:00 or so. Time's subject to change if we feel like sleeping in or being lazy. Hopefully Matt can meet us out at the Wagon.

Current list of known attendees:
Josh, Bob, *****, James, Marty, Wesley, and Matt. Dusty will meet us on Saturday for the Que.

Friday Night: Bob's Gumbo. Bob, want us to put anything together to go with that, or do you need a larger pot? I have a 4 gallon one here I use for Shrimp Boils, or you know I could just buy the stuff to do a shrimp boil to go along with the Gumbo...

Coffee: I'm sure it's covered.

Saturday dinner Below:

Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Copy and add so we know who's bringing what.

Saturday night feast list:

Bob's beans
Tony's chili
Josh's 5lb Boston butt
James - Sausage. Brownies. Forks, knives, spoons. Napkins. Trash bags.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about Tony? I've also invited a couple of guys that are maybes.

Is sidewinder still a maybe?

Anyone heard from Burlington Matt?

I'll be down there sometime Friday evening before the gates close.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:56 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Friday Night: Bob's Gumbo. Bob, want us to put anything together to go with that, or do you need a larger pot? I have a 4 gallon one here I use for Shrimp Boils, or you know I could just buy the stuff to do a shrimp boil to go along with the Gumbo...
I did finally find a store that has my Gumbo mix, and I'll snag the other things I need to make it before we set out. And I have a way bigger pot that I'll bring this time for the Gumbo

Old 09-26-2016, 10:21 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three more weekends.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:06 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Just realized this is the same weekend as the Taylorsville Apple Festival...
Haven't missed the live beach music in 7 years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NFTE FALL FLING