Notices

Smog and weigh checks

Old 08-03-2016, 05:13 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
This is VERY hard to believe...... I think I'd need to talk to someone this has really happened to......
This info I got from the clerk at the DMV while renewing my drivers license. I had also been given that info every time I have purchased a new pick up from the guy at the dealership that processes your registration. Don't know why people from out of state always wants to challenge our laws. I don't agree with them. The politicos in Ca. Suck. The Dems have this state in their hip pocket. No money for schools but plenty for a train to no where.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:24 PM
RV_Tech
Post Fiend
RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
I think it is because it is to much different than what are used to in other states.

Steve

Old 08-03-2016, 06:00 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by RV_Tech View Post
I think it is because it is to much different than what are used to in other states.

Steve
In the 50's and 60's Ca. Got the name of golden state for its weather and progressiveness. It like the Sierra club has lost its direction and makes change for it's own survival, not for the good of the people.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Sure glad I am on the right coast!

Old 08-04-2016, 08:54 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
We don't have it yet for the oil burners but I would not put it past them.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:35 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by senix View Post
We don't have it yet for the oil burners but I would not put it past them.
If there's money to be had, it will come.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:00 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
I don't think I could stand either coast. Even Colorado is too liberal for me.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:06 PM
AllAboutDaZ
Senior User
AllAboutDaZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have seen the portable smog stations but I have not seen the weight portable weight stations in my area. I do see the commercial CHP trucks on the side of the road from time to time

Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 PM
cferguson77
Senior User
cferguson77 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Im glad I moved away from the left coast and live in the middle of the two. I couldn't take it anymore. All they do it take take take.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:07 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cferguson77 View Post
Im glad I moved away from the left coast and live in the middle of the two. I couldn't take it anymore. All they do it take take take.
You are correct but when you'r shoveling snow I'm fishing in shorts and a tank top. You pay the price for certain amenities.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
You are correct but when you'r shoveling snow I'm fishing in shorts and a tank top. You pay the price for certain amenities.
We don't have snow or weight/carrying grocery issues in GA

Old 08-05-2016, 08:54 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
I may be shoveling snow when you're fishing in shorts but it's so I can clear a spot on the ice to drill a hole to fish in 100+ feet of water to catch the elusive Lake Trout.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:44 AM
cferguson77
Senior User
cferguson77 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
I may be shoveling snow when you're fishing in shorts but it's so I can clear a spot on the ice to drill a hole to fish in 100+ feet of water to catch the elusive Lake Trout.
Ain't that the truth!

Old 08-16-2016, 05:52 PM
fishcal247
New User
fishcal247 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by cferguson77 View Post
I can't remember the exact law, but in California all pick-ups are considered commerical vehicles at the time of registration. This gives law enforcement a loop-hole of sorts to stop pick-ups pulling any sort of trailer for a safety inspection and/or weigh in. The only way around this is to exlicitly state at the time of registration that the truck will never be used for commercial purposes. Of course DMV never tells anyone that because they're registered by weight which makes the state more money.
The only way they will let you register non commercial is if it has a camper shell or a camper on it. Then it is considered an rv. That's what I did with my last truck. I have DP plates on my truck now. So it's not considered commercial anymore. Also no weight tax. 😃👍

Old 08-20-2016, 08:04 PM
CaptnJohn
Junior User
CaptnJohn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by fishcal247 View Post
The only way they will let you register non commercial is if it has a camper shell or a camper on it. Then it is considered an rv. That's what I did with my last truck. I have DP plates on my truck now. So it's not considered commercial anymore. Also no weight tax. 😃👍
Camper shell ~~~ a problem getting the 5er hooked up..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smog and weigh checks

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.