Aerostar Ford Aerostar

1993 Ford Aerostar 3.0L - FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Beefcake255
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 1993 Ford Aerostar 3.0L - FOR SALE

I hope that I don't get flagged for putting this in the wrong Forum / Thread...

It's time for me to let my steady eddie - Reliable Ford Aerostar - go to a new home - I hope this isn't a mistake - this has been the most reliable vehicle that I have owned over the past 15 years with the exception of my Hummer H2 - which I bought brand new in 2003...

It looks like a whole lot less perfect than what I think it is, but here's the lowdown:

It's a 1993 - 2-Owner Vehicle - I got it from my Father's best friend after he passed... I wrapped it up with graphics for my business many years ago and it did sit once in a while for extended periods of time - but whenever one of my other vehicles was in the shop - I jumped in this well-built machine and used it and it always performed very well for me...

It just passed 145,XXX Miles... I had the transmission rebuilt / repaired by a retired Ford Dealer Mechanic of 30 years... He charged me $1500 - in and out and repaired... This repair happened about 2-3 years ago at about 100K miles - so I've put on 45,000 Miles of driving in the last two years...

Here is the description of the van that I listed on CL:

Reliable 7 - Passenger Minivan

4 captains chairs and full row in the back that also lays flat like a bed...

Only 2nd owner of a 1993 Aerostar 3.0 - 2WD, good condition...
Just spent over $1500K on a new transmission.

New exhaust, complete new rear brakes including drums, master cylinders, the whole bit...
Also brand new water pump and brand new radiator, fresh new coolant...

Both inner tie rod ends and an alignment as well will be completed last week...

Also has a fresh oil change, oil and air filter, aftermarket wheels 16 inch, tinted windows, and 4 almost brand new tires with plenty of tread on them...

All power windows, power door locks, working... Very Cold A/C... The 3.0 - V6 is much better on fuel economy than the larger 4.0L that some of the other Aerostars came with...

I drive 50 - 100 miles at 70+ mph on the highway daily, This is currently my daily driver and I drive a minimum of 400 miles per week..

Vehicle was wrapped with vinyl graphics which have been almost completely removed at this point.

Mechanically, this vehicle is very solid... The Power Windows, Door Locks, all work well...

It has 146,155.0 miles on the odometer

I really like this car - so it will be hard to part with as it is my daily driver... There is minor damage to the front and rear bumper, but very much just cosmetic...

Call or Text for more info -Three-Won-Four-Seven-Phive-Seven-For-Fyve-Nein-Phour

Asking $2188 - but very willing to negotiate with an Aerostar Aficionado

Would make a great Work van or Zombie Apocalpse vehicle - I have used this vehicle for hauling tons of furniture, moving boxes, moving people, and just about anything that can fit in this large Work Van !!!

It gets 16 - 23 mpg depending on how you drive it... It uses one quart of oil between oil changes and when I forget to check the oil the light always comes on right when it's one quart low... I always change the oil every 3500 - 4500 miles...

I have an extra set of original Ford Wheels and hubcaps with tires on them and also a new / used rear bumper that I plan on painting and replacing at some point.. I'm also including a brand power steering pump that I purchased to replace, but then it stopped squeaking after I added fluid and let the air exit the system..

Here are the pics: